Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Ladies - Had my surgeon appt today with Dr. Parks. I really like her and she took a lot of time with me and my husband. Got all my questions answered. Like Jes said the scales are different, which I thought I had accounted for, but I wasn't down the full 10 lbs like it looks like I am at home - instead only 8.5. Still for 2.5 weeks it isn't bad. Good news, my surgery weight loss goal is 20 lbs - so only 11.5 more to go. Other good news from talking to Dr. Park: I don't have to cut out my daily cup of caffeine (it was the one thing on the list I just really couldn't figure out how I was going to - I'm not a morning person and I neeeeeed it!) Probably the best part was the way she ended the visit (after we spent 45 min talking about all the complications and potential problems and things that you have to be really mindful of and the statistics about LAP-BAND® weigh loss not reaching full weight loss,) she said that people with BMIs in the 40's usually do really well and many reach their goal weight - she has had lots of patients that do. It was so encouraging. This is a big decision and it has risks and no guarantees, but it really helped to hear that she really thought I could do it.

Jes - I was looking at your ticker and you've lost 11 pounds in 2 weeks since your surgery - that is really really good. If you think about it - how long has it taken us to lose that kind of weight in the past (not to mention how fast we have been able to that amount). Sorry it feels frustrating - I just really think you are doing great!

Analyn - we might be going through what Jes and Candra are around the same time given what we have left to lose. Sorry you are struggling - like I told you last night it is really hard. Its nice to know you aren't struggling alone. (At least tonight they ate up those Cold stone cup cakes!!!) I am really impressed with your work out (don't forget that when you work out you build muscle which weighs more - and like you said the Water weight and hormones). Now that it feels like this might happen pretty quickly I am excited and also scared. Its a big step. How are you doing with that part of it?

Hey beautiful girls. Tina i looked up domestic violence.. It sounds too familiar. I told mike to look it up. He said yeah thats why we are getting help. I told him i really dont know what to do im sooo confused right now. I told him i have to look out for audrey....

Tina i can call you after 7:) Night time min start then..

So lets all start journaling and posting. i could use it too:D

Nicole - I know we haven't met yet, but I am really really concerned about you. Mike said ''that's why "we" are getting counseling', but he is the one that is losing control. Marin Abused Women's Services (I use to be a counselor there)started one of the first programs for men/abusers in the whole country many years ago and they have had some success, but only when the guys can accept the responsibility, own that it is their problem and that they have to change how they behave/deal with anger. My concern is that he will try to pin some of the responsibility on you - 'if only you would do xyz or if only you wouldn't do abc' then he wouldn't get so angry and lose it. But it isn't about what you do or don't do. He is responsble for losing control and what he does. There isn't anything that you do or not do that warrants him being physical. I really hope you will think about yourself in this and, of course your baby. My own experience mirrors what you will read about in domestic violence - it started with a shove, then an arm grab until the day I left when someone told me "my face looked like a Mac truck hit it." It escalates and every time there were apologies and gifts. But always the justification for the beatings was something I did or didn't do to provoke the anger. He also came from a family history of violence (father, grandfather, grandmother) so he learned that behavior. Auds will learn from this too and not what you want her to learn from it. I know its hard and I know you want to believe he will change and I know its really hard to think about how you would survive on your own. I really believe there is help out there for you and I really want you to be safe. Sorry for going on and on, but as you can tell I am really passionate about this.

Pat: I am so glad you had a good visit!!! Nice goal also you will hit it im sure and SOON!!!:) ALSO, remember the girls that stick together oh yeah and guys we get to our goal! As a team... this is a team project and we are kicking booty!:blink: Literally. Oh and never tell robin fat weighs less then muscle lol. She said "Nicole 5lbs of fat equals 5lbs of muscle..."

Jess: Purees like i said do the chilli also but at this stage i did a lot of mushing in my mouth so i think you are FINE!!!:) Up your Water if you can, but right now your body is getting used to surgery still... :w00t:

Candra: Sorry about your net. Sounds like you are doing well.:) And i am also imagining the dr on top of you with a shop vac lol.

Pam: sleep is a wonderful thing, i understand teh whole tylenol pm i take one every single night. It is in my daily pills lol tylenol pm, Zoloft, and Vitamin lol. Take them all at once.

Nicole Canoli : A couple of the girls on here also went to the information meeting.. all of them also had to go to the orientation (GIRLS SPEAK UP) at the orientation they were also told that it was that weight they start at. They are just using the information meeting as the first step.. to scare off people, less meetings for the surgeons that way...

Ok so my food sucked today i pbd every meal! Right when im doing well! WTHeck!!! You all asked how my food was doing ok its gotten progressively worse since you asked lol. I think my stress has gotten the better of me. So i ended up with Soup for dinner instead of the chicken cordon bleu:( Depreeeessssing! I did have icecream but because lunch said no way. OH and i walked 4 miles!!! I wont jog yet im still to sore..

Hope everyone is doing well

Did Dr. Park say you could still have your cup of caffeine after your surgery or was she talking pre-op? I was a die hard diet coke person and didn't give it up until the day of my surgery and I haven't had any caffeine for over a year now and don't miss it. I had tried many times before to cut out caffeine but always gave up because of the headaches and crankiness. I went through that part of the withdrawal when I was still taking my Lortab right after surgery so I didn't notice it. I have thought about drinking iced tea with caffeine a few times when I have been tired or stressed but decided not to go there as I would quickly become addicted again. Dr. Im said that caffeine is an appetite stimulant and I sure don't need that.

I swear I don't have any Fluid in my band - next Friday won't come soon enough. I helped my daughter make Swedish Heirloom Cookies for her heritage feast tomorrow at school - I didn't eat any but I tasted the dough. I am helping out in her class tomorrow with the feast and correcting papers. Her teacher called me this morning and let me know his "procedure" went fine and they didn't find anything - of course I was in an informal meeting and the one time I leave my phone at my desk he calls - just my luck. I talked to him after school though - gosh I have a serious crush on him. :)

Today i decided i need to still leave.. im not gonna tell him though.. Cause he kisses my butt. Instead he has been a jerk since i got home from my walk. Just sat at his computer all night didnt really help with audrey nada. I cooked dinner and looks like ill be the one cleaning the mess too. OH and to top that off i didnt even get to EAT my dinner that i cooked! Very depressing. Auds only ate off my plate.. darn kid oh well.

What it comes down to in my head is i dont have a problem (i should) with him fighting with me but he brought audrey into it, and for that, i could loose her in the future if he feels he can justify that. ALSO, our last fight about a month or so ago.. he grabbed my arm and left a mark, and i remember that cause boy it pisses me off. And i know exactly why i divorced him the first time.. for the same reasons. Our fighting escalated more and more and more.

Can i say im not scared oh im scared outa my britches, im scared im going to miss him, cause i do love him. But i just hope i can remain strong.. and not be talked back down...... ALSO im scared of not being able to pay for KAISER! oh man.........

Nicole - I know we haven't met yet, but I am really really concerned about you. Mike said ''that's why "we" are getting counseling', but he is the one that is losing control. Marin Abused Women's Services (I use to be a counselor there)started one of the first programs for men/abusers in the whole country many years ago and they have had some success, but only when the guys can accept the responsibility, own that it is their problem and that they have to change how they behave/deal with anger. My concern is that he will try to pin some of the responsibility on you - 'if only you would do xyz or if only you wouldn't do abc' then he wouldn't get so angry and lose it. But it isn't about what you do or don't do. He is responsble for losing control and what he does. There isn't anything that you do or not do that warrants him being physical. I really hope you will think about yourself in this and, of course your baby. My own experience mirrors what you will read about in domestic violence - it started with a shove, then an arm grab until the day I left when someone told me "my face looked like a Mac truck hit it." It escalates and every time there were apologies and gifts. But always the justification for the beatings was something I did or didn't do to provoke the anger. He also came from a family history of violence (father, grandfather, grandmother) so he learned that behavior. Auds will learn from this too and not what you want her to learn from it. I know its hard and I know you want to believe he will change and I know its really hard to think about how you would survive on your own. I really believe there is help out there for you and I really want you to be safe. Sorry for going on and on, but as you can tell I am really passionate about this.

Pam... you and this teacher lol. I love it. I think hes also into you btw.. the reason being he called YOU!!! Men dont call unless they are into you! Seriously! You got him:) Now play hard to get and you will REALLY have him:D

You hot skinny momma you!!!!

Yes Jes, I'll be in town tomorrow! I've got my psych eval with Dr. Schnurr at 11:00. I'd love to walk the bridge with you if that fits in your schedule!

I'll keep that in mind!

How exciting you are gonna be banded this year i bet. ALSO, i wonder if the psych could recommend you for an earlier surgery...

Morning all- Well I am going through soem serious menstrual cramps..and I'm not even on my period! I started taking the progesteron pills to regulate myself and I am feeling so moody,crampy and yucky!!! I want this over with but 15 more days of this!!

OMG - I am so blah today - I have zero energy. And I now understand what you all mean when you say you are tight in the morning but not in the evening. The last two mornings I got so full so quick but last night I was starving and could eat a whole cow!

Trying to up my Water and gonna try to get some exercise in today - I just am having such a hard time with that - NO ENERGY!

Heather - can't wait to hear about your visit with Dr Schnurr - I want to know if she forgot where she was again - she had to ask me "where I was" LOL

Maria - I use to get cramps so so so bad that I couldn't walk or stand up - then on top of that I would get a Migraine that would last the entire time. Now I'm on the Depo - cured all that ailed me.

Haha, I got an email for my girl that I haven't talked to in about 6 months - she said her daughter got sick with "ammonia" LOL. she's better now.

Good Afternoon Everyone!

Pat- yeah looks like you me and Tamara are all in the same boat! You got Dr. Park too? I think she's great.. like what Jess said.. STRAIGHT AND FORWARD.. Ms. Hot thang- lol..

These last few pounds I have to lose is Killin me!! I refused to weigh myself today.. I won't weigh myself till next monday.. that way I could really see if there's a diffrence or not. This up and down 1lb 2lb thing is makin me go crazy... :smile:

Its soo hard I had a Mental fight with a strawberry covered yogurt bar.. tooo many carbs but I just wanted a taste of it... so.. I licked it and threw it away. LOL... I taped the box up and i'm taking it to my moms today so the kids could have a snack.

No carbs No carbs ... tryin to stay focused-:)

Analynn - you are killin me with the 82.7 pounds to go! You are not big enough to lose that much weight - what are you trying to accomplish here - cardboard status?