Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Guess this is what they mean by bandster hell LOL. I'm gonna go back to my 4 small meals of Protein a day regardless of what robin says until I see the DOC. 1/2 cup of anything "sliderish" just goes right thru so it will not hold for 4 or 5 hours like the egg salad does.... I think she's more of a 1 size fits all type of dietician because she has those guidelines she has to follow but it's not working for me. Doc Fisher said I didn't have to follow that 1200 cal program so I assume I don't have to follow her other programs LOL

We'd love to get a dog, but right now we gotta take 1 thing at a time. We just put an offer in on a house today (Yay!) I know they have 14 other offers, but I'm still excited about it!

I've totally neglected the diet and school in the past 2 weeks or so since we started looking at houses every night. My goodness, that's a whole other full time job! Now I have to find something to make for dinner without having gone grocery shopping in forever! Then it's homework time, for real. What is with these stupid papers? I have a 10-page paper due every 9 weeks... crazy!

I thought this bandster hell didn't kick in until the 3rd or 4th week...I have a whole month to go. I'm actually wondering if I have a port but no band.

where's everybody? I miss the lively conversations.

Nicole - did Auds watch either of the dvds yet?

Jess -I think your band and mine ran off together. I had 1 over easy egg, about 1/2 c of country potatoes and a piece of wheat toast for dinner and then ate the other piece of wheat toast when we got home 20 minutes later - didn't even feel any pressure from my band. I just ate 2 pudding cups with cool whip on them - egads someone duct tape my mouth. The pudding was totally head hunger - wanted something sweet and that's all there was in the house. I think I will get some SF fudgesicles for moments like that.

I will definitely be getting on the scale in the morning to shock myself into compliance. I was so busy at work this morning before I left for my dermatology appt that I didn't get my walk in.

I thought this bandster hell didn't kick in until the 3rd or 4th week...I have a whole month to go. I'm actually wondering if I have a port but no band.

where's everybody? I miss the lively conversations.

Jes you are funny. I went almost 8 weeks before I hit bandster hell and it's been hell since. I heard it takes about 2-4 fills to get to the sweet spot. Well I'm still in bandster hell, I've been craving foods that I didn't care much for before and even drinking soda....:tongue2: lol.

Pam, you guys are cracking me up! Yes I think I may have stretched by pouch or my band went with yours and Jes. LOL Yes compliance is needed.

Edited by reggie71

Hi Ladies! It was awesome meeting all of you yesterday! It was great to have a post-op Sleeve patient to speak with. Yes Candra I'll have to do lunch next time. Looking forward to the walk on 10 Oct. Have a great week everyone!

John

I'm new to the site and considering LAP-BAND® - my surgeon appt is Wed. Would you mind telling me why your 2 LAP-BAND® surgeries falled?

Thanks,

Pat, 10lbs in two weeks is about 14lbs more than I lost LOL. You're doing great! here goes the list from left to right: Annalyne (Lachica) Nicollie (canolie) Pammie (momcof3) Candra (me - depserate1) Jes (smallerJ) April (smilin apple) Omera (sp)- shes not on line and Nicole (audsmom).

Jes - welcome to my world! I can eat anything, as you saw yesterday. That egg salad kept me full for 5 hours! I used 2 eggs & 2tsp mayo. Now when I say full, I mean in my lower stomech - everything is going right thru my band!!

Candra - thanks for the names. Wow you look great and really different from your avatar pic. Thanks for the encouragement about my 10 lbs - the 1200 Cal is really getting to me - I'm hungry alot, but I'm sticking to it - looking at some of the other goal weights I'm hoping when I go in Wed that Dr. Parks might not make me lose 10% - otherwise it is going to be a white knuckle ride on the 1200.

Annalyne - we were at orientation together. Great to see you online. I have Dr. Park too - meet her for first time Wed.

Jes - glad you are doing better. I feel reading you and Candra that I have a realistic picture of what to expect after surgery. Hope it isn't banster hell for you yet. Protein helps me when I'm hungry and staying away from sweet - Candra seems to be eating alot of protein. I get what you are saying about the liquids. I did a liquid diet 2 year ago - lost a ton of weight but gained it back. I tried to go back on it earlier this year and couldn't make it work..just wanted something to chew...

When is the get together in October - I really want to meet everyone in person? Also any of you going to the Richmond support group meetings on 10/7 or 10/21?

Pat, Dr Park tends to give goals less than 10%, I know mine was. Plus you have already lost 10 she may just give you a couple more and then you will be set. I'm going to try and make it to the 10/7 group in Richmond.

We talked about doing a get together in Vacaville....let's do it.

Reggie you are like the phantom in and out. Tell us what's going on so I can know what to expect. I can't remember why Dr P didn't give you a fill the 1st time....? I don't know what I'm gonna do if this last past 8 weeks.

I'm trying to be good but tomorrow I think I'm having some chicken salad. Robin will be calling me Wed.

Wow lots of new people!! We are growing............

This new job was ok. Sorta boring since they gave me the whole day to unpack. A couple of my co workers got assigned there with me so that was nice to know someone.........I ended up going to the old office to work all afternoon since they are short staffed and I had nothing to do..........

I am in training the whole week. So lots of relaxing and sitting around..........sorta a nice change from the last month. THan two weeks of following someone around watching them do visits!! LOL. I could teach someone how to do homevists but ok I will try this.................LOL.

The nice things is a good friend of mine is in this office. She got RNY 18 months ago and has lost 156 pounds so far..........she is a work out diva so I have someone to walk with at lunch.............nice to have someone in the office that "gets it"...............I invited her to our support group!! Maybe in October...........

I am happy to have someone in the office that gets it!! I might end up telling people since she has told people in the office and they are all supportive............who knows.

Anyway do I like the new job. NOt realy but I will get used to it. I miss my co workers and my comfort zone..........but I figure in a month I will get used to it and be fine!!

I was in Bandster hell by the second week Candra and Jes. So I hear ya.............right now I have restriction. I could use a tiny bit more. But I got stuck on crouton at lunch so I am feeling my band for sure right now.............lots of protien but I did have a brownie tonight...........darn I think my daughter has to take them to school cause they are to good..........but at least only one ...........more and they get stuck!! :-)

Hi beautiful girls.. sorry i cant read all this my eyes are throbbing.

I went today to find out about the apts.. wait is zip.. then i got nervous and started second guessing my choices. Well now im not. Tonight i got home from my jog, and we got in a fight mike ended up yanking my leg up so i fell well first (tina dont read) i dropped auds.. and she hit the floor.. and i landed on top of her.

Then the cops showed up.. told me this isnt good for auds.. and everything like i didnt know.. it sucked

So that is my nite hope you are all having more of a nice nite im going to go rest my eyes now.:tongue2:

Hugs everyone sorry i cant read everything right now.

Hi Pat! Which meeting? The one in Vallejo or Richmond? Either way.. Nice to meet you on here :tongue2:

I just got back home from working out.. I've been doin the Atkins diet too.. I'm sooooo close be I feel soo far away... I weighed myself this morning I was at 195.4 OMG!!!!!! 5 pounds away! I'm thinking about doing a liquid diet... ?

I wanna get down to 185 that way at least I won't have to worry about being 1lb over and them telling me I can't have the surgery.. that would suck ASS big time.. lol..

Let me know when this Vacaville meeting is gonna happen... I wanna go!!

Nicole girl you know I am gonna read this...........

Don't panic but most of the time the police will make a CPS report when this happens so you might have CPS at your door in the next week.

Yea I support you guys trying to work it out but if he is getting physical you need to get out. NOt saying it will never work out again but you need to be separated so you can each work on your own stuff for awhile.

Here is the thing. If CPS comes out beat them to things and cover your bases. Be protective of AUDS and let them know your can protect her..........YOu might need to get a restraining order when you move out. CPS will make ya get one if this gets reported to CPS...........

WEAVE also will let you and AUDS stay with at the shelter for a few days............pretty decent place I have been there before........seriously if you need any help let me know.

AUDS can't be watching this. If she has any marks or bruises because of the fall they will call failure to protect ...........it they come out let me know.

Hopefully the police won't report this but if they do they will refer you to WEAVE and him to anger management.........they may aske you to take AUDS and leave or ask you to file for custody.............

Seriously girl we need to talk...........AUDS can't be watching this........but you already know that!!

Ohhh Auds, i'm sooo sorry to hear about that.. Try and take it easy.. I'm here for you girl:redface:

Nicole you know I have been through this myself as well when my daughter was a baby.............she unfortunetly did see to much and she remembers!! I finally had to leave since I was working on me but he wasn't willing to work on him. Geez this all sounds way to familiar but if I can leave and make it as a single mom you can too........

Just do what is best for you and AUDS. Maybe if you leave he will finally get some help with some of the stuff he has to deal with............seriously though him following you and using AUDS crying to get to you......than this newest incident............he is esculating his behavior is getting a bit worse all the time..........what is next?

Again I feel for MIke he is in a hard spot too...........but seriously I think you guys need a break.............AUDs will start to act up and won't sleep.............she is gonna starting acting out if you guys keep this up............

Call me!! WE need to talk...............geez how is your eating with all this crap going on?