Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

BTW tina - i don't have a recliner but i sure wish I did. using these stomech muscles to try to get up & down is tough! I think what hurts the most is where the port is sewn into my side - I don't feel anything else but that and boy is it sore!

BTW tina - i don't have a recliner but i sure wish I did. using these stomech muscles to try to get up & down is tough! I think what hurts the most is where the port is sewn into my side - I don't feel anything else but that and boy is it sore!

Candra- That is the part that stayed the most sore for me for the longest period of time. I think mine bothered me when I got in and out of the driver's seat of the car until I was about 3 weeks out from surgery! I'm glad you are doing so well so fast! Just remember not to push yourself too much, your body is still trying to heal!

Candra, OMG I can't believe you girl! I was swigging straight out of the pain med bottle, then walking then sleeping on day 2 - it was my worst. You going back to work tomorrow or something???? 3 cheers for Doc F though, he pressed all of the gas back out of you! No pain, except that port stings like a BEOTCH doesn't it??

Tina - anxious to hear the news after BOS today!!

Dr. Im called me at work at 9:30 am and said I had an appt at Vacaville Kaiser with Dr. Park today at 11 am. So off I drove to Vacaville - only took me 1/2 hour from Rancho Cordova. They took me in at 10:40 - it was the short lady from Richmond who had the baby (the baby is 10 mths old now). Dr. Park and her were doing an orientation there today and also a 3 mth post op class for RNYers. I had never met Dr. Park before. She was really nice. She took 1 cc out of my band plus an air bubble. I wonder if it was the air bubble causing the problem. So now I have 6.5 cc. The whole thing only took 10 minutes. Where she put the needle in is about an inch above where my mark and bruise from last Wed is - hers is only about 1/4 inch below my port scar. I feel better already. I left there at 11:10, but decided against going back to work - came home to rest instead. I'm on liquids for 24 hours. I asked her about the pound I gained from yesterday - she said sometimes when your body is in distress it holds on to every ounce you have. She also said it was good I came in so soon because if I kept pbing for a few more days, she would have had to take out almost all the Fluid or my band could have slipped.

So now I join the "unfill" club - me, Tina, and Christine(although Christine has a different reason) - so ladies don't wish for fill after fill - be careful. BTW Dr. Park said she has the same protocol as Dr. Im - less frequent fills, but bigger fills.

Robin just called me - returning my call from yesterday - she saw I had been seen but wanted to make sure I was okay. Gotta love the staff in Richmond. I e-mailed Dr. Im to see how an air bubble got in my band. Robin said that may have been causing my band to be tighter than intended.

Ugh! Pam thank goodness you went in! Isn't Dr. Park wonderful?? :-) I'm glad you feel better! Betcha can't wait to eat, and I'm not talkin' tuna . . . .

This sweet spot is amazing . . . . no issues, just not hungry . . . if I can just keep myself distracted from food I do great! I may not need a fill on the 24th, but then again a lot can change in a week and a half so I'm still going to the group appt. with Tina :-)

So I walked up "the hill" at lunch today, it is 2 miles UP and I used to not be able to make it without stopping, always wringing wet when I did get to the top, etc. Now I just scoot right up it . . so there I am, haulin' up the hill in my dress and tennies (County worker uniform at lunch, LOL) and at the top of the hill is one of the guys who works at Home Depot (which is what's at the top of the hill), he is watching and he is CUTE about 35 I'd say, yummo! So I'm thinking to myself OK Riley, don't trip or pant or start dripping sweat - {{{{ cute boy alarm, cute boy alarm }}}} . . . .well I get to the top and he's smiling, chatting about what a nice day it is, of course I had to stop and talk to him! And I was not even out of breath thank GOD for once in my life . . . anyways we were talking about how great the views are from up there, and then he moves on to the color of the sky, and then the sunsets - and then he said he thought I should come up tonight and watch the sunset with him!!! Oh dear, WAY out of my league . . . . I laughed it off and said can't do tonight, my son has a midterm I have to drive him to . . . but you can bet I'll be walking up the hill to Home Depot every lunch break now!!

Attention = motivation baby!!!!!

Again I got to say - YUMMO

You go Demi Moore with your young boy toy LOL. I am so amazed that you can walk 2 miles up hill without dying. I feel like I can't walk two fee right now without dying.

All I got for pain meds is Vicodin and that never does anything for me. maybe I'll try some to see if it makes walking my laps a little better. But yeah, Doc Fisher got all that gas out cuz I feel nothing! and no, I'm not going back to work any time soon LOL.

Yes, April - the port site really truely sucks! They say it's cuz it's sewn into a muscle so the muscle is really sore. Getting up & down is hard but it is what it is and it will all be worth it in the long run. Just got to grin & bare it for a little while. How are you feeling? What's going on with your accident?

Pammie, I'm glad you got your unfill. It's scary to think that you could slip your band from pbing so much. must feel so much better now.

Good to hear you are dooing well Candra you are a a true trooper. I hope the revovery is the same for both Jess, Heather and I. Well I went to see Liz but ...I did NOT meet goal I gained 2lbs!! I dont know I am getting discouraged and frustrated. I am determined to get my surgery in October so wish me luck.

I didn't realize Patrick Swayze died yesterday. There's nothing about it on TV today - guess he's not as important as Michael Jackson - so sad

Good to hear you are dooing well Candra you are a a true trooper. I hope the revovery is the same for both Jess, Heather and I. Well I went to see Liz but ...I did NOT meet goal I gained 2lbs!! I dont know I am getting discouraged and frustrated. I am determined to get my surgery in October so wish me luck.

Maria - have you heard of the Atkins Fat Fast? I lost 11lbs in 9 days doing that. Give it a try for a few days. You're probably a prius like me :mad2: Don't get discouraged though, we all have a problem mainting/losing weight - that's why we are here LOL

This MOM, is dangerous. I'm sitting in the hairdressers chair and I get up to run to the restroom every few minutes LOL.

Pam 35 is not too young. Don't close any doors girlfriend!

Candra!!! Congrats Girl!!! now its all about melting away those pounds... its All GraVy Baby!! whoa that was super fast! Jes!! your up next to Bat! I'm excited for you too!

Tamara!! I'm thinking me and you just might be in the same time frame in getting our surgery. When I saw Dr. Park she said I have to lose 13 more pounds I've lost 2.5 so far.. I started my 1200 calorie diet and I'm working out EVERYDAY..(speed walking or jogging) ok So my next step... is there a Meeting this Saturday? I can't make it to the Wednesday appointments, but I have absolutely nothing planned this Saturday so I'm hoping I can do a support group then. Riley I know you have the 411 for me on that! (wink)

Oh, I called kaiser and the guy was funny. He told me to be there at 6:45 and not to be late LOL. I'm first!

And he said don't go to Oakland come to Richmond.

Ha ha, what a joker Jes! I wonder who they had answering the phone???

Eating too many fatty foods today - avacado and sunflower seeds. I KNOW BETTER than to buy sunflower seeds, but I needed a quick lunch that I could eat out on the planner phone, and sliced cucumbers with sunflower seeds always satisfies me :-)

dinner tonight is another big salad with LOTS of vegies, avacado, quorn chick'n, tofu cubes and Walden Farms calorie-free ceaser dressing. It's going to be about 5 cups and take me 2 hours to eat! I can't wait! I love salads :-)