Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Good morning! whew! I just read about 7 pages you ladies are chatty!! :0)

Sorry I havent been on, I have been going thru so much for those of you who are in jeopardy on losing their job I feel you I have been unemployed since November. You know what I am a strong believer that things always happen for a reason, adn since I have been off my family has needed me more than ever. Yes we are struggling financially but he always makes sure we have food on our table. So keep your head up ladies good will come out of all this chaos.

Anyway on another note: I have my appointment tomorrow to meet Dr Baggs. I am excited but disapointed that I have only last 15 lbs!!! I was at 20 but went through some stuff and relied on an old friend (food) I'm just going to go in with a positive attitude and am determined to follow through with the plan he gives me. Any suggestions for tomorrow? My appt is at 8:30 am so I figure I'll leave around 6:20am.

Jes- I will follow the no carb kick off diet. That will just work.

Riley cant wait to see your pictures and get the dress lady!!

Candra- DANG girl congrats on that weightloss!!

Tamra- I think that same guy was at my orientation! He slept throughout the entire time. Funny! I guess he needs to leep retaking it since he falls asleep and misses the whole thing!! LOL.

TTYL gotta get my son off to school. Have a beautiful day ladies. I check in when I get back.

Maria

Dr . Baggs is great. STraight forward but he is really great.

Ask lots of questions he is up to date on all the lastest research ect. I always think about things on the way home.

Will be nice to have your goal weight.

ok headed into work again.............

so I think it is a 50/50 chance I get laid off but the county w won't talk about it until the day before they lay people off. I guess they are worried that that work force will fall apart if they warn people to early. Like people will take sick time not come into work ect..............happened with probation I guess so they want to prevent that.

Riley yea I think stress is a problem with the band. I don't feel that stressed surprizingly. Maybe I will later. If I come to Richmond I will ask for next Friday cause it is my 9/80 :-) I am trying to stick it out but I also need to eat......right now I am not getting in alot. Water for sure so I am good but the protiens not so much. Living on yogurt and protien shakes and Soup. I have to transition back to real food here soon................way under 1000 calories the last few days. Not hungry at all but PB'd to much yesterday trying to eat good stuff............finally gave up and went with the protien shake. But not losing cause I am not eating enough.......

So I am gonna email Dr. Baggs and see what he thinks.......I hate to get an unfill cause it wan't quite enough before................OMG though I don't want a fill on the 20th unless I am down alot................don't want to be tighter than this.........this is the max I want to deal with!!

Hello!! I am finished with all my group sessions! Yay... I'm in my last stage. I go on Aug 12th for my Medical Clearence when I'm done with that they will give me my surgery date the next day. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time! LOL:biggrin:. Good Luck with everything!!:)

weight.png

Good morning ladies!!

Day 2 of my diet. I also drank 64 oz of Water yesterday whoo-hoo!! I don't miss my coffee YET.

Heather - 46 lbs is AWESOME!! I only HOPE I can get there!

I feel like I should cut the carbs out of this diet. For dinner my carb was one small baked potato with "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. 1 small ribeye steak, and some broccoli.

I am going to try so hard, I really am. I haven't been to the gym in a while, so I will get there. It's funny in the morning naked I weigh less. I hate that. My scale said I was 275 this morning. :)

Edited by tamra.

ok headed into work again.............

so I think it is a 50/50 chance I get laid off but the county w won't talk about it until the day before they lay people off. I guess they are worried that that work force will fall apart if they warn people to early. Like people will take sick time not come into work ect..............happened with probation I guess so they want to prevent that.

Riley yea I think stress is a problem with the band. I don't feel that stressed surprizingly. Maybe I will later. If I come to Richmond I will ask for next Friday cause it is my 9/80 :-) I am trying to stick it out but I also need to eat......right now I am not getting in alot. Water for sure so I am good but the protiens not so much. Living on yogurt and protien shakes and Soup. I have to transition back to real food here soon................way under 1000 calories the last few days. Not hungry at all but PB'd to much yesterday trying to eat good stuff............finally gave up and went with the protien shake. But not losing cause I am not eating enough.......

So I am gonna email Dr. Baggs and see what he thinks.......I hate to get an unfill cause it wan't quite enough before................OMG though I don't want a fill on the 20th unless I am down alot................don't want to be tighter than this.........this is the max I want to deal with!!

So Tina, if she has nothing next Friday then I will take the appt. in Pinole on the 20th and give you mine next Friday! I think I can wait now, I am losing a lb. a week and that's probably enough . . . so let me know when you are going to call Kelly, maybe we can do a conference call or HEY let's send her a fax.

ok I am technologically challenged - how do I see your pictures Riley?

< ---- Just click on my pic (avatar) to the left here, and it will tak you to my page with the album on it :-)

Thanks Riley. You look great and your daughter looks so happy. I am off to a meeting - I'll check in later.

Great pics Riley! Did they get married the weekend that you were camping? I saw tents in the background, that's a fun idea!

Good morning ladies,

Tamra - 32lbs is NO PROBLEM! I lost 31lbs in 10 weeks and I'm old! You young girls can get this done ASAP. We are here to help so whatever you need!!

Welcome CrystalnChrist! Congrats on completing all your sessions - don't be nervous! It will all be fine - just look at all these ladies that are already bandster successes!!

Heather, you may have a point! Maybe 250 is just the number Dr. Fisher throws out there. I think you should check in with him and see what he says. Since you've hit that plateau maybe you should cut out the carbs for a week to see if that kicks you back into gear!

Thanks, Maria - But I haven't lost 1/2 as much pre op as the rest of these ladies did. I just don't know what the deal is with my body - I'm a prius LOL. Good luck with Dr. Baggs.

Oh, Nicole you are just a bucket of excitement. I'm not nervous anymore but don't know how excited I feel right now. Just the thought that I may not like my band after I get it and then it's too late - But, wether or not I like it really doesn't matter - I NEED IT!

Riley Jane - you look fantastic - great looking family too. Your daughter looks so much like you - she's very pretty. Is that a new dress??? It fits you perfectly!

Jes, so worried I won't be able to stay under goal for my appt with Liz. LOL. I just may have to go El Fresco! Driking straight Water no CL. I was trying to get my appt as soon as possible to be sure that I keept this weight but the 5th was the first one available. I really don't like that it's so late in the day - that means I starve all day long hahaha.

Candra your not old stop it!! LOL.

I hope I am sucessful at loosing, I want this so bad! I wish I would have got Baggs or Park who doesn't seem to make everyone loose so much. I don't carry my weight in one place, I am very "round" its spread out LOL :thumbup: He said based on my weight, it seems it's "always been there" and wants me to loose a significant amount.

No sense in whining, I am doing it!! :)

Maria: you are going to do fine:) Dr Baggs is awesome! It will be nice to get your goal weight:) Maria how does Unemployment work? Are the extensions automatic or is it another 1 weeek wait?? We are trying to figure that out right now, since that is whats feeding us...

Tina: I really hope your not on the list, I have seen a couple cps jobs for local organization on craigslist.. might want to check them out?? i guess they arent called CPS but they do call it like child protection and counceling etc.

Tamra: weighing naked is alllll of our favorite times:D And whats interesting is before surgery you are practically naked when they weigh you:) Buy a summer dress and use it as your new weigh in dress..:) Weigh in in the same thing every single time. Try to get one that weighs less then a half a lb:)

Candra: i dont have a salsa dress but i am ready.. i can wear any dress:D I think the classes are on thursday nites.. so if youwanna get away tonight im game or next thursday let me know. I could REALLY use a girls nite:D

As for me and food.. looks like im on the loosing path again hope it keeps up. I am able to eat anything again. what the heck i loose 3 lbs and im lose as a goose again. Oh well.. its still not 2 weeks past the fill so i can still tighten up. Needless though if i dont im only going to ask for .25 unless im able to eat a ton. I want to tippy toe into my sweet spot.. But i could also be there now.. if i eat good Protein im full for up to 6 hours at a time. If i do a snack in between it lasts me another 6 hrs.. snack can even be some crackers... so we will see. My mil made some peach tea i could NOT get enough of it yesterday talk about DELICIOUS! OMGosh. I need to figure out her recipe:D

As for exercise well our car was in the shop yesterday so we didnt get home till ten so there went my walk, and then this am i woke really late so im gonna try to get my c25k in tonight. This might end up screwing up my week 4 but i will just add an extra day:) I am looking forward to fall.. but not exactly winter.

Riley the walk sounds great, but not this weekend that is way to short of notice for me..

Candra: you could never hate your band.. I have never regretted it.. or disliked it or asked what was i thinking. I loved it the moment i got out of surgery.. i was sore and in pain, but i was soo excited to start my new life.

Tamra: You never know 32 really isnt much.. i was already down that plus a lil before seeing dr baggs so if i hadnt maybe he would have given me the same number, you never know:) You will do it! Great!

You can do this, Tamra.

I don't believe with Dr. Fisher that he cares at all where you carry your weight because I had to loose 30lbs too and I have never carried my weight in my mid section - I got big boobs & big butt, hips & thighs. I went in with a 35 in waist. I have a girlfriend who wears a size 9/10 jeans and we have the SAME SIZE WAIST. I think he just wants to be sure that enough weight has been lost to shrink the liver for safety reasons. He's just conservative. Besides, this gives you enough time to learn the ropes - all the good eating habbits. I still have such a hard time waiting to drink for an hour after I eat. And I've been practicing that for 2.5 months! And, you've heard all the girls say it was easier to lose the weight before the band - personally, i think that's becaue the bigger you are, the faster it comes off and before the band they were bigger than they are now. Anybody agree with that?

Regardless, you will do fine - It was Dr. Fisher that told me to cut the carbs out of the pre op diet. HE said it had too many carbs. Cut the carbs, cut the cravings!