Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina!!! Hey lady. So glad things are turning around for you and that you plead your case and recieved your fill. I am at that point too. I need a fill so bad. I have been working out like a maniac and still can't shake more that the 3 or so lbs I lost since fforever. I see the good Dr Whoo in June. I look forward to meeting you.... TTYL..

Have a great, productive weekend everybody!!!!!

Hi all my friends- wishing all the moms a happy mothers day :confused:

Happy Mother's Day Mommies!!! Enjoy your day!

Tina- I'm so glad you got a fill. And Dr. Baggs is right, it's so important for all of us pre-ops to hear the good, the bad and the ugly of post-op life. It's vital that we know what we're getting in to. How can we really have informed consent if we don't know about post-op struggles?

Spent a good 12 hours on the house today. Got most of the house painted. It's exhausting. My whole body hurts. I can't wait to be moved in! I haven't had time to exercise all week, but I keep getting 10,000+ steps each day.

Hope you all have a lovely mother's day with your Mom/Kids etc.

Congrats Heather on the new home. It's great that you get to do all the work before you move in. Becareful and don't hurt yourself--give your body a rest between the big work days.

The family has it easy today--can't buy me clothes, don't have to cook me food or take me out to dinner, and don't have to buy any sweet treats! How easy is that? But that's ok, I have 2 awesome son's and they thank me daily for being a great mom!

Wishing a great mother's day to all of you that are a mom to children, a puppy, a hubby, or a neighbor ..blessings!

Happy mothers day ali!

Agree that its great to share ups and downs of kaiser, long as they aren't always negative everyday!

Enjoy your weekend and week everyone!!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh do I miss Cali!!!!! 16 more days. Can I come home? Please, please.

I hope you are all doing well!!!! Happy painting heather! Go Doc Who...

Confession....

Picked up in/out for the family today and couldn't resist the hot french fries.....ewww big mistake. Took me about an hour to get it all thrown up! Feel better now and I have learned my lesson. Mashed pototos next time.

Confession....

Picked up in/out for the family today and couldn't resist the hot french fries.....ewww big mistake. Took me about an hour to get it all thrown up! Feel better now and I have learned my lesson. Mashed pototos next time.

Feel the pain but just think how thin you will be!!!! Be careful. Try to skip th MP as well. Carbs are all our worst enemy. Protein, protein and protein. No Snacks. Oh I just had one. Oops

Edited by skiingj

Wow ali that's nuts I could get fries down with no problem a few weeks in :x

Tomorrow afternoon is my apt with Robin via phone. Can't wait to get the go ahead to advance my diet as I am looking forward to some meat---even if it is all ground up!

I had wonton Soup for dinner tonight and it was so good. Of course no won tons but the juice was delicous! So needed a change.

Thanks John for the reminder to eat Protein, protein, and more protein.

Mo- I pled my case for about 7 months and it was give and take in the end that got me the fill. I had a second opinion through the fill center that probably helped out. I also had two fills with the fill center and did not end up in the ER so that probably helped to to have proof that I was not gonna end up in ER again. I also had to file a compliant with Kaiser customer relations. I don't wish anyone else has to go as far as I did though, it emotionally drained me. I think my persistence finally won out but it took alot out of me mentally. I don't wish that on anyone else.

I have my restriction back and am down 4 pounds in two days. I am still on liquids so I know that is part of it. I tried salad last night and it went down way to slow so I decided to stick with liquids today. No way I am gonna PB or swell my stomach by messing up this time. WHen the band says to stop I am gonna stop immediately. I am following the rules, all the rules and carefully.

Happy MOther Day all!! We got rid of the cable here and used teh money to join the gym. Gonna try it for a month to see how it goes. (we have the very basic cable now) I had to chose and since what I have done in the past hasn't worked well I am gonna stir stuff up a bit. I can always go back at the end of the month if we don't make it worth the money..............

Hope all the moms had a great day. I made lasagna, salad and garlic bread for my parents and kids - but I didn't have any at all.

Be careful on the fries - even if you can get them down they are a food that can lead you down the wrong path.

The behavior modification part of the process is so important because later when the weight loss slows down or stops, if the behavior hasn't changed you will probably go back to old eating habits and gain weight.

Heather-Congrats on getting to 10,000+ steps everyday....I can only get there 3-4 days per week...For me, that's good. I'm trying to get to where you are....Stay motivated, lady.

All I can say is thanks to a few great friends and support people who got me through the last seven months of bandster hell!! YOu guys know who you are...........the superstars!!! :-) Pam you in particular have been a great support system for me with all our daily talks.........

I agree Behave mod is where it is at. And that is hard stuff.

I have decided to quit thinking I have this under control and to take it a day at a time. Cause when we think we have it under control we forget to ask for help and listen when it is offered. Thinking about if I will still be on track a year from now stresses me out so I am trying just to worry about this month for now.

AND I do have to lose to get any more fills...........but honestly I am at my sweet spot right now. I am done with fills unless it loosens up with weight lose. From all my research it seems once you get to good restriction that even .1 can make a huge difference. I am pretty sure I am done with big fills maybe a small one here and there.

I am gonna try to get the behave mod to kick in so that I can be done with fills for awhile and I can work with what I have. I can't believe what a huge difference a fill makes.

I am not thinking about food all day but I do keep walking to the kitchen over and over before I remember I don't want to mess with my band or swell it. How many days will that last?? I did that post op for a week before I stopped pacing the kitchen. Talk about bad habits pacing the kitchen has got to be up there........

For those of you in bandster hell I so get it and don't give up cause one day and one fill can really make a difference!! So now for the behave mod counseling or whatever it is I bargained myself into..............starting Thursday night on that.