Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Those banded around 10/22

Hey All,

I was banded on 10/22 ben doing great untill 11 days ago, have not lost a pound since then. I am not over eating and I have been walking up 1hr everyday. I am on Kaiser so started their stage 4 about the time I stopped losing. How are you all doing?

Rob, you are not alone. I was banded on 10/22 also. I have not lost a pound since, OMG, I don't know when. For a minute I really thought my scale was broken. Like the numbers were stuck or something. As I read some of the post op forum comments and blogs, it's normal. Once you get a good fiil, you'll start loosing again. Just hang in there. I go for my 1st fill on Friday. Now, since I am able to eat with no problems, I AM EATING....LOL

I just went for my first fill today. I had not been losing for a week and a half. So please good God let this be what I need to start loosing again. Good luck all!!!

I was banded on 10/21 and was stuck on the weight loss as well. Had a fill last Monday and the weight loss is picking up again. When are you scheduled for a fill? That should make a big difference.

I've seen consistent weight loss since my surgery on 10/23. But it's been slow going. Not as much as I'd hoped. Not discouraged though, really.

I'm scheduled for a fill Friday too. And so looking forward to it. I'm finding I need more food/protein shakes to feel full. So I think the fill is much needed.

I was Banded on 10/24 and once i was moved back up to solids the weight stop coming off, or at least not as fast as it did before and no thanks to Thanksgiving ! i stop getting on the scale because i was afraid what it would read. the next time i got on the scale was at my 1st fill yesterday and i only lost 2lbs since being on solid foods. i know they say it's going to be slow and steady and i'll accept that. but hopefully now that i have my fill the scale will continue to move in the right direction. i think it's the solid foods that slow it down and i think after your 1st fill you'll see it move again !

Edited by Tyme2GetRite

I was banded on 23 Oct and had my first fill on 1st Dec. I havent lost any weight post op and my restriction does not feel that good. I am already looking to book my second fill

WHEW! I was banded 10/23/08, and you guys are making me feel so much better -- it's good to know I'm not alone! My weight loss has really slowed down. . . and even went a bit in the other direction (yikes!) over Thanksgiving, though that's coming off now.

My first fill is next Tuesday! Can't wait. FILL 'ER UP!!

Catherine

230/216.4/215

Blog: http://chroniclesfrombandland.blogspot.com

Catherine,

Really like your bolg. What is your height?

I was banded 10/24. Just went through your blog (nice!) and your story sounds just like mine. I lost 15 pds (pre-surgery diet and after being banded) and then gained 5 back! Last night had my first fill and am on liquids today (my doctor says 2 weeks!!!! OMG) I don't know if I can do it for that long but the scale is already showing results and I've lost 2 of the 5 I'd gained (my ticker is so out of date). I'm really looking forward to losing some noticable weight (more than just my husband and sister -- who will be banded 12/22) Anyway, loved your blog.