Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Hell Yeah!

207.6 flashed for a minute before settling on 208 again... I am very very proud of myself for resiting Robby's plea to go to Dairy Queen last night.. BUT I DID!

Weekends are hard........ we have T-Ball and a retirement party ( with LOTS OF GOOD BAD food ) I don't know if I'm going to be able to resist.. but I will try

I saw a picture of myself today when I weighed 158. I was so damn skinny....and pretty :blushing: ... of course I was YOUNGER then too! LOL But it kinda threw me for a loop this morning...that and not-so-encouraging phone call from Evan last night. I'll get to see him in a week and I'll feel better then, I think.

I feel kinda hopeless and lost lately....about weight loss for sure....and about this whole child-rearing thing. It's damn hard not to blame yourself for every bit of everything that goes wrong in their lives. My friends who have kids the same age that are also struggling have the same self-doubts. Funny.... I just realized that the kids I know that are 'strong and healthy' come from intact families; the ones that are struggling come from divorced homes. Ouch. See? I'm smart enough to have found another reason to blame myself.

Crap!!

I gotta get out of my head today. Lucky me, I get to go have a mamm-o-cram!!

Well like normal I am running late. I have to be at work at 9:00 and I haven't even hopped in the shower!!

Hugs to everyone especially both Tracys, Terry, and Michelle!!!

Morning gals

it is a beautiful day here, got up at 7, had a cup of coffee and went for my walk. sun is out and clouds are gone, i'm sitting on my deck for the first time with my computer and my egg beater and my laptop. It is so nice and worth not having a penny left. I'm going to float in the pool for a bit today while the kids play on the slip n slide, then ds has a birthday party.

Tracyk - remember i posted about how i was called out last week and had a breakdown? well 2 days after that a commercial came on for the slim shots... and ds said "mom you should do that" so I know what you are feeling!

Terry - during all my dieting, 155 was my lowest and i was so tiny... my dd is 5'8 and weighs 160ish but i all muscle... I just want to get to 175 and tone little, and that seems impossible... shoot, i'm -5 less than when i got prego for ds, bt was more tone, didn't have 100lbs of excess shit...LOL

I'm going to take charge, i was bad last night, had 1 serving of sweet pot fries, i baked, but it was my treat.

I really want eggplant, but i'm not sure if i should have some.

Tracyks - you go ... you will be back in no time...

off to take charge of my life... or as much as i can

have a great day!

Heather - how are you doing?

Terry that's not true, something me and my mom realized a while ago.. NO FAMILY is free of disfunction, they're just better at hiding it.

My bro & sister.. and my parents have been married 31 years!

Divorce doesn't give your kid bipolar. Don't blame yourself, it won't help you or him!

Good Morning Girls.

I got up early to go to the grocery store to get cantaloupe that was on sale. Good thing I did, they were almost out. And besides, I hate going on the weekends. I bought some Breakfast sausage also. I came home cooked that up and had 2 links and 1 egg. I'm good now for awhile.

I had a really good eating day yesterday and I have all of you to thank. You motivate me alot. Thank You so much.

TracyK, Have a great day. You'll do good, I just know it.

TracyKS, You also have fun and just remember that your Vi's are with you all the time.

Jenn, I'm so glad that you get to go on the trip. Some day I will make it.

Terry. My parents were happily married for over 40 years. I have a very dis-functional sister. Right now I have her in weekly sessions to deal with another issue that arose. I think she takes 14 daily meds and about half of those are anti-depressants. I struggle trying to understand how she got this way and why people just can't deal with stuff. I'm sure there is an answer out there but for the time being, it is my job to make sure that she is taken care of and is safe. Right now that is your job, to just let your Son know that he is loved and that you are there for him.

Pam, I enjoyed our brief little chat last night. Once again, I look forward to someday meeting you and to also meeting Susanne.

Kat, enjoy the lights, we just installed a few yesterday also. And thanks for the address.

Janie, have a good day at work.

Laura, make sure you give Carson a ton of kisses for us.

Heather, I'm sending lots of hugs to little Ayla.

Everyone have a great weekend and enjoy yourselves.

Edited by Suziecat

My bad last night, was Cotton Candy!!! But....it was worth it---Kinsey and I grossed Rick out with it, but we had fun and laughed a lot! The bag come with pink, blue and yellow cotton candy, so we were dissolving the mixed colors on our tongues making new colors. She now totally gets that to make purple you mix red/pink and blue! And green is blue and yellow---she has seen it change before her very eyes, and she gets it! scale was actually up half a pound today, but it will go down again I am sure of it....just probably not today! We are having a BBQ here with some friends. If I stick to the Protein side of things I should be ok! Big IF!!!

Tracy I am so jealous, I love zoos!!!

When Kinsey wakes up, we will have some breakfast, and I think we will walk down to the parade....it is always too crowded to park, so we will just get some exercise in while we are at it, then I won't worry so much if I stray during the BBQ!!

My Mom and Dad made it home from all their travels safely--Thank You God! I worry so much about them driving like that. My Dad is impatient (yes I get it from him) and he can doze off in the middle of a movie he is enjoying, so I worry!!! But they did fine, only had one scare, and that was a semi changing lanes, and they were already in the lane, but lucky for them, the next one was open and they were ok.

Terry, this is not your fault, what Evan is struggling with. If he had been born with diabetes, it would not have been something you could have changed. The problems he deals with are caused by chemical imbalances in the brain----not caused by a divorce! He has no more control of that, than Rick does his dyslexia. Rick gets in these moods that he is pissed off at his ex for being bi polar, and the fact that Lenny our son is exhibiting signs of the same problem--like he wants to blame her. But just like you it is frustration---he knows she would never CHOOSE to have the issues.

I kind of compare it to my weight issues. I KNEW I was fat, and I KNEW how to not be---eat less, exercise more. And I would have ideal intentions, but they never lasted. I ask him if he feels like that makes me a bad person. I feel like very possibly, his ex, Evan, and millions of others dealing with the issue, KNOW to take their meds, and KNOW the right things to do---but one little slip (like one little bite of cotton candy last night) leads to a slippery slope----and all our best intentions are shot. It took a band for me to gain control. If it takes therapy, and treatment to help Evan gain control---and understand how to recognize signs before they become severe then it is worth it.

As for the kids without issues being from intact families.....I personally know 2 boys right now in jail both from well known intact fairly well off families. One for kidnapping a friend of his girlfriend---they planned to kill her! Another for cutting his girlfriends throat! It happens in good and bad families. Both of these really freaked me out tho!!! I went to school and grew up with both the Moms--just cannot imagine being in their places.

Gotta go, Kinsey is up, so it is time to get ready!

Hugs to all y'all!

Morning girls!

We are off to meet our trainer! Then a quick drive by the farmers market. Then we are going to the commissary in Moreno Valley (near Riverside) about 45 min away. Other than that...a bit of this and a bit of that this weekend. Basically chillax!

Susie, I loved chatting. For some reason, just when you popped on, I had 2 others going...then you left and another friend popped on. 4 chats is too hard to manage! But it was nice to have a conversation w/ you!!!

Tracyks...xooxxo

TracyK...have fun at the zoo!

Terry...it is not your fault. I am from a divorced fam...and while my brother and I are professionally successful, we have other issues. We are all f^#ked up one way or another...and the mistake is to deny that it is true.

Gotta dash!

xooxoxox

oh yeah...run, dont walk, to see the movie The Hangover!!! OMG...prolly the funniest movie I've ever seen! LOL and then LOL later for the joke that was 10 min earlier!

funny

Good Saturday Morn, Vi's~~

Congratulations, Heather... what a doll baby!! Enjoy her.

A typical busy Saturday taking kids to activities, etc... unbelievably, we have NOTHING planned for tomorrow! That is very rare around here! We want to go see "Up!"... it's getting great reviews & I'm such a sucker for "kid" movies.

Enjoy the weekend!

I did really god as far as eating at the zoo. I had a little of a burger patty and one serving of the little cartons of ice cream and a few chips....considering everything they had there...THAT was awesome restraint on my part! So, good for me :blushing:

Here are a few pics and I will post more later...

post-220113-13813138432822_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813138433137_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813138433435_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813138433716_thumb.jpg

Heather, Ayla is BEAUTIFUL, Congratulations!!!!!

TracyK, :blushing:

And I love the pics of your little Minnie-Me. Looks like all of you had a great time.

I also did awesome on my eating today. Everytime I thought about gettting a bite of something I just went and did something to take my mind off of it. Before you know it, dinnertime. Think I'll go get myself a 10 calorie flavor-ice. Yummy.

Good evening, Violets.

It was a busy day today. Kris and I went garage sale-ing and Nathan watched Grady. We got some cute things including a purple dragon Halloween costume. Purple is Kris's favorite color and dragon is what they called Grady before he was born. I got a few things for Ethan too so it was a profitable time. Kris and I went out to lunch. I had some Russian Soup and almond chicken. I didn't eat any of the rice, only one crab rangoon and just picked at the meal. We came home and I jumped in the pool and did my exercises before Kris and Nathan left to go golfing with Bob. I got to watch Grady while they were gone. He was a terror!! He screamed and screamed and screamed. I just kept walking him and rocking him and singing to him and finally he settled down and fell asleep. He slept for 2 hours so it was a pretty easy babysitting time. We went out to dinner and I had 4 coconut shrimp. I got a salad with the shrimp, but couldn't eat it. Nathan got to finish that plus one of my shrimp. It's been a very good eating day. No sweets at all. I did another round in the pool when we got home. There was steam coming from the Water since the air temp is 53! It was a quick dash from the pool to the house.

Heather, hope all is going well with your new little Violet angel. Can't wait to see more pictures.

I'm going to head to bed in a little bit. Have to be up early for church in the morning.

Everyone have a good evening. sleep well.

Good morning, Violets..

Wow.. last to post yesterday and first to post today! Everyone must be busy. I'm up and ready for church. I weighed in today and have lost a pound so I'm on the right track. My goal this summer is to finally get to goal or at least have it within reach more so than right now. I know the pool and the trike are going to help and the band has been keeping me aware of portion size for sure. I just have to keep the sweets out of sight, out of mind.

Time for me to get dressed for church. Everyone have a good day. It's a rainy, dreary one here today. I don't foresee any pool or triking time, but it's good to rest for one day, at least.