Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinkin' Violets Part 3 Read HERE!

Zzzzzzzzz G'nght!

Tracy--Rick has more ????'s

What does it do when you rev the engine? Does the noise remain the same or intensify?

Now do the same while you have your foot on the brake and put it in gear, and rev it.

Is it missing when it is running?

BBL

Is it using more fuel than usual? As well as the oil.

Tracy--Rick has more ????'s

What does it do when you rev the engine? Does the noise remain the same or intensify? only while idling (in gear OR park) and it is only every once in a while, not every time.

Now do the same while you have your foot on the brake and put it in gear, and rev it. I can't cause it only does it when it feels like it BUT from what we have done it the past, we only hear it when it is idling, when we get in motion it stops making the noise.

Is it missing when it is running? no

BBL

Is it using more fuel than usual? As well as the oil. No, great fuel mileage!

Good morning ladies...

It has been 2 full days since a PB so that is great news. I think I will do another day (maybe 2) of liquids & mushies just to be on the safe side.

DH is off work until Friday so I am REALLY gonna have to watch what I eat. Kinda hard to do when we are used to eating what we want....old habits are hard to break.

Have a great Monday everyone & remember to respect the pouch....RESPECT IT!

Good Monday Morning, Vi's~~

Snowy morning... no word yet on if school's closed... as the kids had a 4-hr late open anyway, I guess they're waiting to see if it'll get better...

Busy... lots of work to do...

Make it a good one, girlies! :party:

TracyK -- I'm here!! I've been struggling with a tough decision and have been silent. I've been keeping up with my reading on the posts, though.

Last Tuesday I told my boss to start looking for a replacement for me. He is doing things I think are unethical and I cannot stay and work for someone like that. Because of the economy I tried to overlook it since December, but I just ended up making myself sick. Decided I was more important than that!! I've felt so much better since I talked to him -- I made him agree to a severance package after I stay to train the replacement.

Michelle -- I am so glad that you helped out your neighbors and that they are appreciative.

Here in Charlotte yesterday, we started the day with rain (as we have for the last three days) then in the afternoon it changed to sleet for about an hour and then to snow. We got 2 inches of rain and then 4 inches of snow. We had thundersnow -- that's what Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel called it -- never heard of that before. Weird to have thunder and lightning with snow!! Charlotte doesn't have much road equipment, so since the temp is actually dropping this morning, I called in and said I would be in later once the sun can work a bit. I grew up in Indiana but icy roads are not something I want to play with. (That and not liking my job!)

Laura -- don't forget to call any brothers or sisters you might have as well. I never got called until hours after the baby was born. I was just like Judy though, wanting to call, but not wanting to bother anyone.

Well, I guess I'd better go fix some Breakfast.< /p>

Good Morning, Violets..

Well, no baby news yet. I haven't called today and won't. I'm sure she'll stop by after the doctor's appointment and let me know what happened there. Other than that I just wait... and wait........... and wait.

Michelle.. YES, The Girls Next Door. I watch that all the time. I'm a tabloid junkie so I have to get my celebrity fix. I also watched the Brett Michael's show last night, whatever Rock of Love is now called. That was just a train wreck!! But I don't watch the Batchelor or BB or Survivor, just the celebrity ones.

SuzyT.. we have had thundersnows here on occasion. They were predicted for Thursday night, but we just got the freezing rain and just a few flakes of snow. I didn't go anywhere in my car until Saturday and getting the ice off of it was a real chore. It's -4 degrees here right now. Bitterly cold, but no new snow and it's March sooooooo maybe, just maybe spring might be around the..........block?

TracyK..I just hate it when my car makes noises. It used to really bother me when I had to make the 62 mile trip to work. Nothing like being stranded 62 miles away! Hope you get it figured out without having to make a big dent in your pocketbook.

Today starts the pouch test so I'm off to figure out what to have for breakfast. I'm thinking some Soup at hand.

I'll check back in later today.. Everyone make it a good one!

No school! :hurray:

Judy, I remembered about the tabloids, but not the tv shows... you never cease to amaze! :party:

Back to work... just cuz' the kids have off doesn't mean that I do!!

Good morning........

I am back from my girls weekend and getting ready to head to Florida for the rest of the week. I have a bunch of work to do today.. so I wanted to pop in and post before the craziness begings.

Have a great great great day!

Good morning girls! How was everyones weekend?? Busy busy like always for me...

Friday I had friends and family over for dinner. That was an awesome night. My seafood Soup turned out so good. As good as a Mediterrenean one I tasted once. I love love having people over. I wish my house was always full of people!

Saturday we had tickets to the BBQ cookoff so we headed over there early so we could enjoy the day. It was so cold we were miserable most of the day. We tried to stay inside the tents most of the time. We finally called it a night around 9pm and it took us almost 2 hours to get home. You have to wait in line to get on a bus that takes you to a parking lot where you left your car. It's controlled chaos.

Sunday we went to church, then lunch at Juan's mom's house and then we went to the movies. We saw The Reader with Kate Winslet. It was a good movie! Has anyone seen it??

Gorgeous day here today but it's a little chilly... I got here so late this morning because I didn't want to get out of bed! Oh, speaking of bed, I did end up getting my mom's bed. She guilted me into taking it. So tonight is our last night in our cozy cramped Queen bed. Oh well, I get new bedroom furniture now. That's a plus! I've been wanting new furniture for about a year now but since there is nothing wrong with our set Juan would always shoot down that idea quick, LOL...

Okay, i'm gonna catch up on posts now....

Hello everyone,

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends. I can't believe it is March already. That is the funny thing about being pregnant, so much of your time is spent "waiting" time is either passing at a snails pace or you blink your eyes and a month has gone by.

I made some beef stew in the crock pot this morning before leaving for work. It just sounded good today and the weather turned cold again. I think it said it was 17 F today in the car . . . brrrrr.

Michelle, you are such a dear for helping out that family and it seems to be going great. I am always afraid of offending people, but it sounds like in this case they just really needed a little help. It feels great to help, but it is sooo much better to be appreciated for it as well.

Kat, My goodness . . . no wonder you get hives, I get itchy myself thinking about all the stress you have been dealing with. There is something about unruly teenagers that really makes me crazy. We just rented a film called Eden Lake last night. A bunch of pre-teens & teens started stalking and tormenting a couple on vacation . . . definitely suspenseful, gory and disturbing, which is great if you like that kind of movie.

Could you post some no-trespassing signs and go out with a camera to take pictures when they are there? At least they would know they are on record and perhaps make themselves scarce, but then again . . . perhaps that would just antagonize them and you might find worse things happening afterwards. Spreading manure might help.

I guess what scares me the most is that you said they found a crack pipe. That makes people dangerous because you know they are not thinking with their right mind. Not to mention that your valuables become more at risk . . . they have already broken into your shed. Do you personally know who any of these kids are?

Judy, would Kris be up for a little company to break the monotony? Maybe play cards or watch movies. It is probably hard for both of you to wait and you could maybe share the time together. My mother "hung out" with me during labor with my son. It was really a special and exciting time for both of us . . . something I didn't realize I would enjoy so much but I have never forgotten it.

Suzanne, those pic's were great of the basement. Someone went through a lot of time and effort to make it nice. I really want to do a kids play room in a theme as well, perhaps tropical-under the sea theme. I must be a bit shy . . . because there is no amount of alcohol or prodding that could convince me to sing karaoke although my sisters thrive on it, lol.

TracyK, good luck with your van, I hope it is something small. Be careful with mechanics if you take it somewhere as well.

My husband just had a problem with a break line leak about 2 weeks ago and the garage said it would be around $1,250 to fix because it needed break lines, calipers and wheel cylinders and break shoes . . . basically it sounded like the entire system needed replaced. I balked at the price and my brother came up to take a peek while it was still on the lift at the garage. He looked and only said, take it down, we are taking it with us. He fixed it for about $70 and a couple of hours of labor. My brother said the googly-eyed mechanic was trying to put one over on us (and this was at a big break repair chain).

Laura, I am feeling your pain as well. I seem to be having aches and pains but it all depends on how I am sitting or laying. If I lay on my back or sit a certain way, I can hardly get up again without the sharp sciatic pain. It really is just easier to walk around than to sit. Also, sometimes I sit on the floor . . . always have . . . but I swear getting up again seems like scaling a small mountain sometimes, lol. I feel like am going to be as frail as a 90 year old women in another two months.

Hey Vi's~

I am 99.9999% sure that I am defending on the 8th of April!!! OMG...can't believe it! 8 is my fav. number and I am soooo nervous!

This is funny!

The Best Smart Ass Answers of 2008!!

SMART ASS ANSWER #6

It was mealtime during an airline flight.

'Would you like dinner? ', the flight attendant asked John, seated in front.

'What are my choices?' John asked.

'Yes or no,' she replied.

SMART ASS ANSWER #5

A flight attendant was stationed at the departure gate to check tickets. As a man approached, she extended her hand for the ticket and he opened his trench coat and flashed her.

Without missing a beat, she said, 'Sir, I need to see your ticket, not your stub.'

SMART ASS ANSWER #4

A lady was picking through the frozen turkeys at the grocery store but she couldn't find one big enough for her family. She asked a stock boy, ' Do these turkeys get any bigger?'

The stock boy replied, 'No ma'am, they're dead.'

SMART ASS ANSWER #3

The police officer got out of his car as the kid who was stopped for speeding rolled down his window. 'I've been waiting for you all day,' the officer said.

The kid replied, Yeah, well I got here as fast as I could.'

When the cop finally stopped laughing, he sent the kid on his way without a ticket.

SMART ASS ANSWER #2

A truck driver was driving along on the freeway and noticed a sign that read: Low Bridge Ahead. Before he knows it, the bridge is right in front of him and his truck gets wedged under it. Cars are backed up for miles.

Finally a police car comes up. The cop gets out of his car and walks to the truck driver, puts his hands on his hips and says, 'Got stuck, huh?'

The truck driver says, 'No, I was delivering this bridge and I ran out of gas.'

SMART ASS ANSWER OF THE YEAR 2008!!

A college teacher reminds her class of tomorrow's final exam. 'Now class, I won't tolerate any excuses for you not being here tomorrow. I might consider a nuclear attack or a serious personal injury, illness, or a death in your immediate family, but that's it, no other excuses whatsoever!'

A smart-ass student in the back of the room raised his hand and asked, 'What would you say if tomorrow I said I was suffering from complete and utter sexual exhaustion?'

The entire class is reduced to laughter and snickering. When silence was restored, the teacher smiled knowingly at the student, shook her head and sweetly said, 'Well, I guess you'd have to write the exam with your other hand.'

A BONUS EXTRA

A woman is standing nude looking in the bedroom mirror. She is not happy with what she sees and says to her husband, 'I feel horrible; I look old, fat and ugly. I really need you to pay me a compliment.'

The husband replies, 'Your eyesight's damn near perfect.