Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have failed my band - SUPPORT GROUP

StangeDZ does your band adjust tighter when you have a cold, fly or you swell from salt? Mine does maybe being filled so close, all you need until your dr is back is a little more salt. Or if it was so tight and you had a cold or inflamation in your system that's why it's so loose now. On a rainy day my band is too tight. So I just try to do the best I can until the sun shines then it's too loose. It drives me crazy. Try to cut out one type of food at a time and then the next day another. I get so overwhelmed when I stop, fat, sugar and various junk all at once that I normally continue to eat more than I should. You can do it.

That's an interesting perspective on this whole tightness thing... Some days I can eat like there is no tomorrow and some days very very little. Maybe it is the sodium... hmmmmmmmmm... Thanks for your support, Fluff! I will keep on keeping on. :thumbup:

Thanks guys. I did great on only liquids day 1. Day two I was back at school and did great all day, but when I got home I was so hungry I ate 4 crackers with Peanut Butter on them. I chewed until they were a soggy mess, but it helped the hunger.

This morning, I am back to only liquids again. I will try a Protein shake tonight (yuck) to help with the hunger pains.

Missy, keep up the good work.

Fluff, thanks for encouragement.

I will post again tonight to see how the day went.

Liquids one day is good...and take it one day at a time....;)

I'm just out of surgery on Fri (repairing hiatal hernia) and I have been on liquids since Saturday....my dr. told me to follow the diet for the lapband but I didn't have to follow the progression of one wk for each new step, (i.e. Clear Liquids to full liquids, etc)....

I'm doing ok right now because I'm not really hungry...but I also don't have a lot of energy right now....today I drank a smoothie that I made at home....and I had a Jello....now I'm drinking a Protein drink....I suspect that I will go to mush foods by fri....by then I'm sure a scrambled egg will look so good

Hi everyone-

Isn't interesting how we are all doing better in our own ways. Some exercise, some liquids, some more Water, some logging everything that goes into our mouth. It's so nice we can share the high points.

I went to a diet counselor yesterday. And we discussed my sabatoging my efforts with junk food. She said that it comes from me wanting an excuse to eat off the plan, therefore I create stress and have a reason to eat. I focus on my arthritis pain until I can justify eating. I focus on a negative incident in my life until I justify the eating. It was like a light went off in my head. So when I feel myself start that process I'm going to close my eyes and picture a crossing guard holding up a stop sign in one hand and holding out the other staying stop. (she said you can also snap a rubberband on you wrist each time the negative thought enters)Then I'm going to refocus my thoughts to something more productive. Next step is telling myself this is not a reason to eat.

I've lost a little more, but it seems so slow now. I think my calories might be too low... so I'm going to get them up to 1100-1200 a day, and see if that helps.

Please keep posting to help keep me focused. As DD a friend from another thread said she is going to "reclaim ownership of her band." Isn't that an empowering statement.

Keep up the good work and keep on trying when we can't.:)

Hi everyone-

Please keep posting to help keep me focused. As DD a friend from another thread said she is going to "reclaim ownership of her band." Isn't that an empowering statement.

Keep up the good work and keep on trying when we can't.:)

Hi 2-Lose-Fluff,

I absolutely love what your friend said....I'm at a point of wanting to reclaim my band.....

I understand the love for junk food....I have been a sugarholic for years....I so want to rid myself of that. I really want to be healthy....

So, I'm committed to keep up the work and keep on trying....

Thanks,

Fly

Fly - You are right we must continue to try. If we do that we will eventually suceed.:)

What do you do when craving sugar? Sometimes I just can't get it off my mind. But if I start eating it I have to eat it until it's gone. Are you like that? The only thing that works for me is to brush my teeth and go to sleep. And let's face it sometimes you just can't do that.

What do you do when craving sugar? Sometimes I just can't get it off my mind. But if I start eating it I have to eat it until it's gone. Are you like that? The only thing that works for me is to brush my teeth and go to sleep. And let's face it sometimes you just can't do that.

You and me both! They have chocolate at work in the candy dish and once I have one, I cant stop! It's sickening how obsessed I become with it. I hate it.... :)

Hi All,

Can I join this group???? PLEASE!! I have not only failed my band, but I've become it's worst enemy.

Here's my story:

I was banded Dec '04, lost 125lbs, had a Tummy Tuck and enjoyed my awesome body for all of 4 months before I got pregnant. Had my band unfilled for my pregnancy, gained 40lbs. My son passed away. I lost about 10 of my pregnancy pounds, but I was never re-filled. With the depression from my son's passing, and being an emotional eater, I've gained 70lbs from when I had my tummy tuck. I've been refilled for about 7 months - I have restriction 90% of the time, but I've found a way to eat around my band. I know I'm reaching a critical point where I'm risking slippage from the constant over eating and vomitting. That's why I'm here - looking for some support as I do my best to get back to being a bandster.

I'm thinking of doing the pouch reset for the next 5 days, and going high Protein, low carb until I get back to my goal weight. My only hesistation was Thanksgiving, although I've convinced my family to skip the big meal this year....I'm guess I'm unsure of when to start - I'm afraid of starting and screwing up....

Anyway, that's me, that's my story - and I really appreciate the honesty in this thread and I look forward to getting to know everyone and to all of us succeeding!!

~BP

Raquel-I feel your pain. I love food more than anything and I too have gained almost all of my weight mostly due to getting comfortable when I met my fiance and going out to eat alot etc etc. I finally got to the point where I was like OMG why do I keep doing this to myself? I paid $12k for this surgery and you think that would have been enough to stick with it. I lost 80 lbs before and I can do it again only this time around I WILL stick to it. I too had a stretched pouch and went on a three day liquid diet and can feel a little more restriction. Trust me the liquids will shrink your pouch and you will feel alot better. We are all in this together and we WILL succeed. :)

Awesome Advice! It's nice to know we have each other's backs in this! :)

Fly - You are right we must continue to try. If we do that we will eventually suceed.:)

Hi 2-Lose-Fluff,

Sorry it took me so long to reply.

I often crave sugar. I could skip most meal for something sweet. One thing that I have tried and it works fairly well, is that I find the one thing I love (it has to be something that you can't get your hands on easily)...maybe it is a homemade dessert, or a piece of godiva chocolate, etc....and if you are willing to go out of your way to have that dessert, have it and don't guilt yourself about it. For instance, for me it might be a good piece of Cheesecake, but it would mean, getting in the car, driving about 15-20 min, finding a park at the busy mall, willing to stand in line, and then spend 7.00 on a slice of cheesecake....if I'm willing to go thru all of that, I don't guilt myself for having it....I might even make it a little harder and I have to park at the opposite end of the mall, which means I get in some exercise walking there and back....so I have to really want this to go thru this effort. But I can't make it a hershey chocolate bar, because that is something you can find at a corner store, when your out buying gas or getting coffee....to easy to grab.....so, I try to treat myself to the best, which ends up being not to often, because I don't want to make the effort....

Hope that helps...

fly

Great ideas fly. I'm going to make a list of my favorites and what will be a very difficult way of getting them. So when the attack hits I'm ready.

I have great news for all. My new baratric dr will be in town on 12/14 & 15. So I'm going to a seminar to meet with him and his staff. In case you don't know my old Dr left town and moved 4 hours away. I've been over filled for the last 5 months, so I can't wait for an unfill. Then I can eat solids again and not crave sliders. He won't open his office until the new year, but you can be sure I'll be the first one in there.

I wonder if any of you are facing being overfilled or underfilled. It sure does make it hard to eat properly either way.

The holidays were a nightmare for me and now I trying to get off the sugar again.....I can gain weight so fast. In another week I'm going to start to eliminate the things I shouldn't be eating. First caffiene, second sliders, third bad carbs, fourth sugars and fifth chocolate. I have two sets of company coming within the next week. So I'm not going to get serious until the stress is off.

Let me know how all of you are doing?

Hi! I'm new here, but was banded back on Apr 21, 2010. I've lost a total of about 50 lbs, but have not really moved the needle up or down in the last 3 months. I have a follow up appt with my surgeon on Tues. Not sure what to tell him. I know I don't need a fill. Can't eat anything until about 10am. I have high restriction days and very low restriction days. Most of the time I eat what I want to see what I can get away with. Well, that's not working for me anymore, but am not sure how to get myself jump started again. It is amazing how easy it is to fall back into old habits. The good news is I survived the holidays without putting on any weight. Now to get serious again!

My first step was to reach out into cyberspace and find a support group. My surgeon's support group does not mesh with my work schedule or location. Today I found LBT and signed up. Mission accomplished.

My goal for tomorrow is to drink more than 48 oz of Water. Have gotten into a horrible habit of hitting Sonic for my daily fix of Diet Dr Pepper with Diet Cherry. Few calories but tons of sodium. But, it tastes so good!! :)

Then we see the doc on Tuesday morning. I am trying to convince myself to spend more than 5 minutes in his office. Actually tell him what's going on, you know? I'm a very successful business woman, but have always thought doctors don't really have time or desire to hear their patients.

So, I'm taking it one day at a time right now. After I get through tomorrow & Tues, I'll set goals for the rest of the week. Thanks for sharing your stories and supporting each other in this journey.

Cookies BE DAMNED! angry.gif

Hi Guys,

I was banded on aug 2010. I lost 20 pounds, and regained 4 pounds. I am so discouraged with myself, because i lost control of my eating over thanksgiving and Christmas. I need to loose 30 pounds to get to my goal, and somehow i have lost my way. To top it off i have diabetes, and instead of improving my blood sugar, i have gotten worse, and now need additional medication to control my blood sugar. I feel like a failure, and need to regroup and get back on track I am glad that i found this thread because

now i dont feel like i am the only one with this problem. Hopefully we can support each other.