Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help i feel like a failure!!

hello everyone, well ive been banded a year in december and ive only lost 30kgs, the amazing weight losses ive read on here makes me feel so depressed i know i should be happy and not compare myself to others but i cant help it.

I know exactly why..... ill be honest i drink when i eat i didnt in the start but now i do it all the time, the pain is bad but it seems to be worth whatever im eating. i need some serious help ...people are commenting why i havnt lost more weight and it really gets me down.

Has anyone else been through this please help!! :laugh:

1.png

Edited by Aussie_Jules
add ticker

People also lose weight in porportion to how much weight they have to lose. I think you seem on track, and it's normal to hit plateaus.

Drinking when you eat also helps wash food down, which means you can eat more.. which means you're bypassing the whole reason the band works. You need to get this under control..

Just get yourself together and do a RESTART. You know exactly why your not losing and your honest about it. That is over half of the battle. I have been banded since 2006, and am just finally reaching goal. So I can honestly say that I have slipped up on occasion. The thing you have to do is just not let it continue for too long. You know that everyones body is different and you know that you shouldn't be comparing yourself, so don't. I know that's hard. I even stopped coming to this site cuz I was so discouraged by comparing myself. Try to do challenges that are here. This is how I started losing my last 30lbs. It keeps me on track and keeps me motivated. You want to be able to move that ticker. Good Luck and I know that you can get back on track!

Thanks guys for ur replys, i know u r right lol im just off track at the monent and im starting back on track as of today.

i know i will get there eventually im going to see a counsellor i think to deal with my eating issues i should have being seein one a long time ago as they say better late than never.

Aussie_jules you are a success no matter how you look at it. 30kg in one year is an ASTOUNDING amount of weight to lose. Don't get depressed seeing other losses and comparing it to your own; I did that and it sent me to the chocolate!

I had 30kg to lose, but stopped at the 20kg mark due to a plateau. This plateau has been going for months and even though I play netball 5 times per week, the weight won't shift. I am a little annoyed that I am in this position, but I still think that 20kg is a large amount to lose.

No matter what you think, or how you look at it, you have done a wonderful job already. Hugs

You have lost thirty kilos and kept it off...that is a fantastic achievement. If I spend too much time on the message board here I get frustrated with myself as my own loss in over a year of being banded seems minuscule however I just need to look in the mirror or feel the looseness of a size 14 skirt (I was wearing up to a size 22 before) and I remember just how great my own achievement is.

If you have pain are you possibly too tight? You are on the right track if you are starting to go and get some extra support....I look forward to reading about how things go for you back on your lapband journey.

You are not a failure

and dont compare yourself to others and their weight loss either cause we are all different

you need to reassess make a food diary and after a week just see where your going wrong

and yes we all plateau and the next 30kgs isnt as easy to lose as the first

I think you have done a great job

time to give up the drinking with your meals....i know it can be a hard one to stop....but it will be worth it

also check in with your surgeon to make sure you have a good level of fill and not too much and talk to him, they are there to help

dont be too hard on yourself

Today is a new day

hugs

Leeanne:lol:

Thanks guys ..your support means alot to me things have been going ok so far ive dropped 2 more kilos since my first post i know ill get there eventually i just want it NOW lol. getting through christmas wont be easy but im going to stay strong... oh and ive booked into see a counsellor this week so she can work on my head and ill do the rest..ah only if it was that easy..

have a great week

julesxox

Hi Jules, is 70kgs a realistic goal weight for you ? It might well be, don't know - my surgeon has said 90kgs for me as a "realistic" and healthy goal for my age, height and skeleton. I'm not thinking beyond that at this time.

30 kgs is a great amount of weight to lose. I expect that is where I will be by the time my year is up in April. I'm averaging about 2kgs lost per month now - going to gym 4-5 times a week, and eating well. Everyone is different.

You are doing GREAT !!

30kg is HUGE weight loss for one year, I really dont understand how people can be asking why you havent lost more. That's a LOT of weigth.

I lost about that in my first year and the next 13 or 14kg took about a year more to get off, that took me to a fairly low BMI. But it definitely slows down, that's just the way it is. Keep plugging away at it and eventually you will get there.

I notice if I don't drink enough Water during the day I tend to eat and eat, just reminds me better have glass of water, as is 7.30pm and I only had 1 glass today, going to get water now, had heaps and heaps of coffee.< /p>

Hi Jules, is 70kgs a realistic goal weight for you ? It might well be, don't know - my surgeon has said 90kgs for me as a "realistic" and healthy goal for my age, height and skeleton. I'm not thinking beyond that at this time.

30 kgs is a great amount of weight to lose. I expect that is where I will be by the time my year is up in April. I'm averaging about 2kgs lost per month now - going to gym 4-5 times a week, and eating well. Everyone is different.

You are doing GREAT !!

Thanks for your comment,70 kilos is what they reckon i should be but id be happy with 80 im just happy not to be 130 kgs anymore..lol

Im actually not being so hard on myself these days i know it will happen eventually..

good luck with your journey:thumbup:

xoxox

you should be stoked with 30kgs in a year! I can only hope I manage the same thing! Maybe try setting smaller goals so that 70kgs doesn't seem so far away. I like to look towards each 5kgs. It seems a lot more achievable than 30kgs :wink_smile:

Good luck!

Hi Aussie Jules. When I read your post it was as if I was reading about myself. I am on a real low at the moment. I have also stoped weight loss, I think due to drinking whilst eating. I dont feel I have the same restrictions I had a few weeks ago. I seem to be hungry all the time and its annoying me off BIG TIME. I have an appointment with my surgeon this thursday. i hope to get some answers.

Its GREAT that you have lost so much weight. You are an insperation to me. Good on ya. Julie.

PS: I was also banded December last year. and i'm a julie too. lol.

Hi Aussie Jules. When I read your post it was as if I was reading about myself. I am on a real low at the moment. I have also stoped weight loss, I think due to drinking whilst eating. I dont feel I have the same restrictions I had a few weeks ago. I seem to be hungry all the time and its annoying me off BIG TIME. I have an appointment with my surgeon this thursday. i hope to get some answers.

Its GREAT that you have lost so much weight. You are an insperation to me. Good on ya. Julie.

PS: I was also banded December last year. and i'm a julie too. lol.

hey there Julie thanks for your message. It comforts me that I'm not alone lol (no offence) i was beginning to think i was the only one. so how much weight have u lost since last December or maybe u shouldn't tell me lol as i guess ill only compare myself, and i thought this was going to be easy its taken me this long to realize that my band is there for a reason and i have to work with it not against it.

But i'm am happy that I'm now 95 kgs and under 100 I'm never going back to those triple digits. Good luck with your appointment on Thurs hopefully u can get this sorted out fast. what was Ur operation date in Dec? mine was the 19Th.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Jules xoxo

weight.png

Edited by Aussie_Jules
ticker added