Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

I am here and doing ok. Just having a hard time getting back to excercising. I know I still have to take it easy too. The end of school year is coming up and my schedule gets a little crazier. I am going to work this summer but will only be an aide on a handicap run. That is ok, I like the break from driving. I am just hoping to be able to get on a good schedule to get my excercising in. I will go for my first fill again on the 30th. We all need to keep up our strength. Love to all. Laurel

hey rose and laurel hows things going. rose its crazy i almost cant stand him. just 4 months ago i had to pay a family 2500 for medical bills for him hitting their son in the mouth with a truck. and he is only getting worser. i dont have the patience for it rite now. we havent spoke in a few weeks now. every time i think about him i wanna whoop his ass for real. so i just leave him alone.

laurel how are you doing. i feel ya about the work out. i have been doing ok with the work out part its the eating part that is all off. i think im eating about 1150-1500 calories a day. i never go over 1500 not even close. i think im gone try and get the fill.

China I went through the same thing with my my daughter when she was 13. I had to send her to live with her Dad for a while until she appreciated and respected me as her mother. It took awhile and believe me it was tough love but boy did she learn to appreciate and respect me as a person. I know its not easy but as a parent you have to be strong and things will get better. Hang in there.

Hope everything is ok with Laurel have not heard from her.

Tomorrow I am going to get back on track and start walking.

Love you All.

I am here and doing ok. Just having a hard time getting back to excercising. I know I still have to take it easy too. The end of school year is coming up and my schedule gets a little crazier. I am going to work this summer but will only be an aide on a handicap run. That is ok, I like the break from driving. I am just hoping to be able to get on a good schedule to get my excercising in. I will go for my first fill again on the 30th. We all need to keep up our strength. Love to all. Laurel

hey everyone well i called the dr to get a much needed fill. i have been eating alittle more than i want to. i havent been to get one all this time due to me being over filled. then when it was taken out it hurt so bad. but, i better go before i gain all of it back. so i go on wednesday at 1:30pm

Good luck with the fill China I am also going to my doctor on Wednesday. Not sure if I will get a fill or not. He really basis it on my weight loss. Hang in there with your son sometimes its better to have time away from each other.

Laurel I am glad that you are going to be working over the summer. I think we all have to try and get back on the roadto exercising. I know I do lets motivate each other. I am going to go for a walk today.

Have a great day ladies.

Love Ya

ya im gonna hang in there. im alittle excited about the fill but then again im very scared. that getting stuck really did it for me. so i will let ya know how it goes.

Good luck with the fill China I am also going to my doctor on Wednesday. Not sure if I will get a fill or not. He really basis it on my weight loss. Hang in there with your son sometimes its better to have time away from each other.

Laurel I am glad that you are going to be working over the summer. I think we all have to try and get back on the roadto exercising. I know I do lets motivate each other. I am going to go for a walk today.

Have a great day ladies.

Love Ya

I have gained about 10 lbs since I have been home from the hospital. I feel like I have gained almost all my weight back. I know I haven't as my clothes still fit. I bought the new wii active today. It has you work out about 20 mins each day. I sweated alot today. I plan to get this 10 lbs off and keep going. I really want a fill but I know she wants me to wait and make sure I am healed. I know, I never want to go through that again. China, stay strong for your son. It is amazing how trying they can be. I hope you are doing well Rose too. Hope we all have a great weekend. Love, Laurel

i know i have gained weight. and i to have to get back on track. and i am gonna hang in there for him. i understand it is just a phase that they go through. i have two other kids to go through this with. any who rose how are you doing. and laurel do you like the wii. i tried it once. i played bowling.

I have gained about 10 lbs since I have been home from the hospital. I feel like I have gained almost all my weight back. I know I haven't as my clothes still fit. I bought the new wii active today. It has you work out about 20 mins each day. I sweated alot today. I plan to get this 10 lbs off and keep going. I really want a fill but I know she wants me to wait and make sure I am healed. I know, I never want to go through that again. China, stay strong for your son. It is amazing how trying they can be. I hope you are doing well Rose too. Hope we all have a great weekend. Love, Laurel

Hello Laurel and China,

I am doing ok.....I have had such a sweet tooth these past few days. IT HAS TO STOP. I have not gained any weight but I have not lost any either. When I am stressed I get a sweet tooth. Well we take my mother in law to the oncologist on Tuesday we will see what they are going to do. Either way its going to be a hard thing for her. I just hate for her to suffer she is such an amazing woman. I am not sure if my doctor will do a fill or not on Wednesday. We will see.

Good luck with working out ladies. I started riding my bike today.

I thought I would check in & see how everyone is doing. I too have difficulty w/exercising. For about 6 weeks I was going strong on the treadmill & bicycle. Then got busy with work & getting home later made it more difficult. Talked to myself today that I would get started tomorrow!! Always tomorrow, I know, but I am going to do it. My weight has come down but it has been slow. I had hoped to hit my goal by September when I have a high school reunion, but now I can see that isn't going to happen. If I lose 20 lbs between now & then I'll be ecstatic.

Stay strong everyone.

Edited by CordovaChick

hey everyone im here glad the see you back cordovachick. long time no post. ya we all have to just set our minds to it and just do it. i have been having a bite of a sweet tooth to rose. but, i gotta make this work. im hoping this fill gives me the extra something that i need. well we will see. hang in there rose you and your family are in my payers. keep us posted on what happen at the dr's.

Hello Laurel and China,

I am doing ok.....I have had such a sweet tooth these past few days. IT HAS TO STOP. I have not gained any weight but I have not lost any either. When I am stressed I get a sweet tooth. Well we take my mother in law to the oncologist on Tuesday we will see what they are going to do. Either way its going to be a hard thing for her. I just hate for her to suffer she is such an amazing woman. I am not sure if my doctor will do a fill or not on Wednesday. We will see.

Good luck with working out ladies. I started riding my bike today.

I thought I would check in & see how everyone is doing. I too have difficulty w/exercising. For about 6 weeks I was going strong on the treadmill & bicycle. Then got busy with work & getting home later made it more difficult. Talked to myself today that I would get started tomorrow!! Always tomorrow, I know, but I am going to do it. My weight has come down but it has been slow. I had hoped to hit my goal by September when I have a high school reunion, but now I can see that isn't going to happen. If I lose 20 lbs between now & then I'll be ecstatic.

Stay strong everyone.

Cordova Chick

Pre-Surgery: 263

Date of Surgery: 12-17-09 at 241

Current: 190

Goal: 150

ok here is an update on what is going on in my life i have came to realization that im having some issues with food so im going to attend an over eaters ann. class this friday. and going to take a nutriction class at the hospital. hope this will get me on the right track along with some others i came up with to try. i didn't even know that there was so many oea support meanings in my area. i seem to be excited for some reason.

The nutritionist is a great idea. My doc actually requires everyone he does surgery to sign up for the support groups that they have every month. You have to pay $500 fee up front and can go as long as you need to. The nutritionist is there one month & the next month is the psychologist. There is also a meeting that is every couple of months and a lady goes over grocery shopping & meal planning. It is at Noon and not close enough for me to go during my lunch time.

It's good to be with others that have had surgery & discuss lots of issues. Some there have had the lap band, gastric bypass & the RNY procedure so it's pretty interesting.

Try it at least once & see what you think. It's a day at a time & no hidden secrets. For me what works best is to have yogurt at snack (10:00 am) and then a fruit at 3:00. Some people say not to snack in between meals, but for me it has worked. I'm not starving at meal time.

Take care,

Edited by CordovaChick

hey corvodachick how are you. i do attend the monthly support meetings also but, thought i needed some thing that was more often. and that is so true you have to take it one day at a time. i think you eating in between is fine as i find that not everyone is the same not does the band work the same for everyone. and that you have to what works best for you. and if you eating in between meals a fruit then that is what works for you. i have to find what works for me. and get out of my head and start eating right and stop thinking me hardly eating is the thing to do. its me thinking messed up. and im working on that part. gotta change my eating habits and im gonna get back on track and get this weight off.

so on that note i will see all you at the finish line :wink2::)

The nutritionist is a great idea. My doc actually requires everyone he does surgery to sign up for the support groups that they have every month. You have to pay $500 fee up front and can go as long as you need to. The nutritionist is there one month & the next month is the psychologist. There is also a meeting that is every couple of months and a lady goes over grocery shopping & meal planning. It is at Noon and not close enough for me to go during my lunch time.

It's good to be with others that have had surgery & discuss lots of issues. Some there have had the lap band, gastric bypass & the RNY procedure so it's pretty interesting.

Try it at least once & see what you think. It's a day at a time & no hidden secrets. For me what works best is to have yogurt at snack (10:00 am) and then a fruit at 3:00. Some people say not to snack in between meals, but for me it has worked. I'm not starving at meal time.

Take care,

Glad you are taking some steps in the right direction. I totally understand the overeaters group. I also go to counsiling to help me understand some things about myself. I need to make another appt. as I was supposed to go the day I had my surgery to fix the band. I hope all went well for you Rose. I am finally getting back into excercising. I have dropped about 3 lbs. So 7 more to go to get back to where I was. Tomorrow is my last day of work. Then off for 2 weeks. I am so looking forward to not getting up at 5am. I won't have to be to work during the summer until about 8am. The summer program I am doing is only 30 days long. I will have about 2 1/2 weeks off before I go back in Sept. Now if we can only get the sun to shine here. We have had so much rain. Although, the end of last school year it was 100 in buses with no air conditioning. So I should be gratefull. Have a great day. Laurel

hey i did it i got the fill. i got 1.5cc and i feel good about it. i did learn a few things that i was doing wrong so im gonna lace my boots back up and get to walking. laurel im so glad you get some time off as you deserve it. rose what happen at the dr's.

Glad you are taking some steps in the right direction. I totally understand the overeaters group. I also go to counsiling to help me understand some things about myself. I need to make another appt. as I was supposed to go the day I had my surgery to fix the band. I hope all went well for you Rose. I am finally getting back into excercising. I have dropped about 3 lbs. So 7 more to go to get back to where I was. Tomorrow is my last day of work. Then off for 2 weeks. I am so looking forward to not getting up at 5am. I won't have to be to work during the summer until about 8am. The summer program I am doing is only 30 days long. I will have about 2 1/2 weeks off before I go back in Sept. Now if we can only get the sun to shine here. We have had so much rain. Although, the end of last school year it was 100 in buses with no air conditioning. So I should be gratefull. Have a great day. Laurel