Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

december 15th banders come on down;-)

8lbs is great laurel. are you scared to be going back on solids. i know i have to im working on it. i really am. rose where you at you ok. how have you been laurel since you been back to work. well i hope everyone is doing ok talk to ya soon.

China, you do have to eat more. I went to doctor's today, I was really lucky that I had no swelling inside at all. That is the only reason they where able to save my band. I lost 8lbs since last visit. But being I haven't eaten solid food in a 1 1/2 weeks, I thought it might have been a little more. I can start slowly begining to eat again. How are you doing Rose? Hope everyone has a great day. Laurel

Hello my sisters in lap band how is everyone doing? I got through my my daughters 21s birthday. It was very nice. Its just so weird not to have a job I just feel so out of place and its going to be really difficult to look for a new one with having to take care of my mom and my mother in law I am just totally out of it. Laurel I am so glad that you are on the road to a full recovery. China you are so strong. Love you both.

Glad your party went well Rose. My daughter will be 21 in dec. She wants me to take her to Las Vegas. We shall see. I have started to eat again and am gaining some weight. I also seem to be retaining some fluids. So not sure if it is weight or fluids. I am going to start back Water aerobics tomorrow. Hopefully it is just fluids. I am only talking about 5 lbs so it could very well be. Only 14 more days of school left. I should have a couple of weeks off then. Hopefully I will get a summer run, otherwise, I will have to look for a summer job. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

Hello my sisters in lap band, how are you guys doing? I had a very busy day took my mother in law to get all her preop tests done she is scheduled for her lung surgery on Thursday. We are all very concerned for her its going to be a very long journey for her and I hate to see her suffer.

rose glad the party was nice. and i know you feel out of place so take some time and gather your thoughts and when your ready get back out there.

laurel how is work going and are you going to do any thing special for your daughters b-day. and how have you been feeling these days. me im doing ok could be better but, im not gonna complain.

well ladies we all will be just fine. its a new month so what is gonna be the goal for each of us.

me i think i gonna go 10lbs.:(

Hello my sisters in lap band how is everyone doing? I got through my my daughters 21s birthday. It was very nice. Its just so weird not to have a job I just feel so out of place and its going to be really difficult to look for a new one with having to take care of my mom and my mother in law I am just totally out of it. Laurel I am so glad that you are on the road to a full recovery. China you are so strong. Love you both.
Glad your party went well Rose. My daughter will be 21 in dec. She wants me to take her to Las Vegas. We shall see. I have started to eat again and am gaining some weight. I also seem to be retaining some fluids. So not sure if it is weight or fluids. I am going to start back Water aerobics tomorrow. Hopefully it is just fluids. I am only talking about 5 lbs so it could very well be. Only 14 more days of school left. I should have a couple of weeks off then. Hopefully I will get a summer run, otherwise, I will have to look for a summer job. Have a great day everyone. Laurel

How is everyone doing. I am doing better. Tomorrow is my mother in laws lung surgery so please keep her in your prayers. I have not been making the best food choices this week but I am going to really try harder. I keep going up and down about 2 lbs.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

i will say a prayer for her rose and your family.

How is everyone doing. I am doing better. Tomorrow is my mother in laws lung surgery so please keep her in your prayers. I have not been making the best food choices this week but I am going to really try harder. I keep going up and down about 2 lbs.

Have a wonderful week everyone.

I will say some prayers for your mother-in-law too Rose. China I do have some clothes for you. I won't get a fill until the 30th. I am getting nervouse about gaining some weight. I haven't made it back to the gym yet. I am still getting tired quickly. I have been atleast going for a nice long walk with my dogs though. I am going to try to go tomorrow. Only 11 more days of school. Atleast then I won't have to get up at 5am. I am hoping to have a summer run though. Well, have a good day. Laurel

rose how did surgery go? and thank laurel as i do need them. i will send you my address later. and you are like me im scared to get a fill after going through the whole over fill thing. dont worry about gaining. things will fall into place just wait and see.:unsure:

I will say some prayers for your mother-in-law too Rose. China I do have some clothes for you. I won't get a fill until the 30th. I am getting nervouse about gaining some weight. I haven't made it back to the gym yet. I am still getting tired quickly. I have been atleast going for a nice long walk with my dogs though. I am going to try to go tomorrow. Only 11 more days of school. Atleast then I won't have to get up at 5am. I am hoping to have a summer run though. Well, have a good day. Laurel

Thank you all for your prayers we will all need them. Surgery confirmed some very bad news stage 4 cancer (colan cancer that has spread to lymphnodes and liver). My DH is such a great man and he is taking it very very hard. My mother in law is an angel and we all hate to see suffer. We have an appointment on the 29th with the oncologist to see what her options are. I have been so stressed that I am eating bad things like Cookies and pies. I have to stop.

I do know exactly how you feel Rose. I lost my mother-in-law last may right after mother's day. She didn't have cancer but her spine colapsed. We made the choice to let her stay home which meant she would develop pnuemonia and pass. She only made it 4 days once she was bed riden. My first mother-in-law was a different type of person. So have a mother-in-law who loved me was a great treasure in my life. I will keep you in my prays. It is so hard to deal with food when we have so much stress in our lives. Not having any Fluid in my band is hard also. Hope you are doing well too china. Have a great weekend. Laurel

rose im so sorry to hear about your mother-n-law. i know how hard this can be. i know its hard to deal with. but, put it in gods hands and please remember god doesn't put more on us than we can handle. your husband is going to need you now more than he has ever. get your self together and be strong for him he's gonna need that. you be sad when your alone. the best thing anyone can do is make her as comfortable as possoble.

its hard to watch some one you love go through the storm. im here for you ya. and laurel i to know about the eating. as im under pressure and have started eating more than i would like.

things come up ladies and there is always a road block in the road. but, we dont give up we deal with what ever is put in front of us. so when ever any of you feel like things just cant get any worser know you have a hand thats reaching out to you. and hear me saying come on we can get through this.

i love ya. im pray for all of you. please remember me in your prayers as well as im having a hard time with my son. and lord knows i wanna hurt him but, that will only land me where i dont wanna be. and i gotta get back on track with da band. so i do under stand all to well.

Thank you all for your prayers we will all need them. Surgery confirmed some very bad news stage 4 cancer (colan cancer that has spread to lymphnodes and liver). My DH is such a great man and he is taking it very very hard. My mother in law is an angel and we all hate to see suffer. We have an appointment on the 29th with the oncologist to see what her options are. I have been so stressed that I am eating bad things like Cookies and pies. I have to stop.
I do know exactly how you feel Rose. I lost my mother-in-law last may right after mother's day. She didn't have cancer but her spine colapsed. We made the choice to let her stay home which meant she would develop pnuemonia and pass. She only made it 4 days once she was bed riden. My first mother-in-law was a different type of person. So have a mother-in-law who loved me was a great treasure in my life. I will keep you in my prays. It is so hard to deal with food when we have so much stress in our lives. Not having any Fluid in my band is hard also. Hope you are doing well too china. Have a great weekend. Laurel

China thank you so much for the lovely post....it brought tears to my eyes. And you are so right about everything. I will take your advice...you are amazing. I want you to know that I am here to listen about your son. I had about 4 years of HELL with my younger daughter so I can relate. I can tell you that things do get better. I am not sure what you and your sons issues are but know that if you want to share I am here for you.

Laurel thank you for always being there for me. I love this thread and we are truly blessed to have each other. I am reaching out and hugging both of you.

I will keep you posted on how things are going. I do have a dr. appt on the 17th. Not sure if I need a fill I just have to make better food choices when I am stressed I dont make the best choices.

Love you guys.

hi all how is everyone doing me im ok. laurel where you at u alright. well things with my son r very crazy these days. he just turned 13 and i guess thinks he's a man. seems like he's angry with the world. he doesn't wanna listen any more. he has turned my house all upside down with his attitude. its gotten so bad i have sent him to stay with his aunt before i kill his ass.

China thank you so much for the lovely post....it brought tears to my eyes. And you are so right about everything. I will take your advice...you are amazing. I want you to know that I am here to listen about your son. I had about 4 years of HELL with my younger daughter so I can relate. I can tell you that things do get better. I am not sure what you and your sons issues are but know that if you want to share I am here for you.

Laurel thank you for always being there for me. I love this thread and we are truly blessed to have each other. I am reaching out and hugging both of you.

I will keep you posted on how things are going. I do have a dr. appt on the 17th. Not sure if I need a fill I just have to make better food choices when I am stressed I dont make the best choices.

Love you guys.

China I went through the same thing with my my daughter when she was 13. I had to send her to live with her Dad for a while until she appreciated and respected me as her mother. It took awhile and believe me it was tough love but boy did she learn to appreciate and respect me as a person. I know its not easy but as a parent you have to be strong and things will get better. Hang in there.

Hope everything is ok with Laurel have not heard from her.

Tomorrow I am going to get back on track and start walking.

Love you All.