Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Remedies when food become stuck!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any remedies to dislodge food when it becomes stuck. I was told by my doc to use soda Water. I have something stuck in my stomach and Soda water is not working....any ideas?

I had my surgery in jan of this year and have so far lost 40kgs and have 6.8mls in my band. Best thing i EVER did.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has any remedies to dislodge food when it becomes stuck. I was told by my doc to use soda Water. I have something stuck in my stomach and Soda Water is not working....any ideas?

I had my surgery in jan of this year and have so far lost 40kgs and have 6.8mls in my band. Best thing i EVER did.

It has been suggested to me to drink a small can of room temp pineaple juice. I have tried it and it seems to help.

Hi:

Sometimes bending over to touch my toes can help. Or, when sitting in a chair reaching out as far as I can while bent over.

Best wishes if you are stuck!

Sue

I've heard of some folks doing a yoga position... downward facing dog? Something like that... I don't know from experience (yet) but when something gets stuck I'm bending over or walking around probably as my first attempt to get it to move. I've heard that drinking anything can make it worse... Good luck.

For me, vomiting it up is the only solution I've ever found. And I'm quite chunder resistant, it doesnt happen quickly or easily for me. I bend over at the waist, hang upside down and keep trying to burp and eventually that will produce a result.

But there's nothing I can swallow or do to unstick food, unless its only a bit stuck and then walking is my best remedy.

I got stuck the other day on boiled eggs and did the downward facing dog and it worked brilliantly!

I throw it up too. Actually I guess you could say I flush it out. I just take a couple good swigs of Water then bend over the sink kinda pressing the edge of the sink basin into my abdomen. The water comes out projectile style. I usually have to swallow a little more water and bend over again and the water will come out with the stuck food.< /p>

If it's just a stuck feeling from one bite too many walking usually does it for me. If not I let that little bit extra come up and then I'm fine. I've only been truly stuck (more than a couple minutes) twice. One time (stuck dried apricot) nothing worked until I drank pineapple juice which worked beautifully. Then a couple days ago I had a stuck episode (undercooked cauliflower) that swelled my stoma shut and I couldn't even get Water through for the rest of the day and overnight, so don't wait too long before you call your doctor, you might need a slight adjustment.

I've also heard that the chewable papaya enzyme tablets worksbut I haven't tried it yet.

Hi guys this works for me just about everytime something gets stuck I get a coffee cup and pour some tea in it put the cup in the microwave for 2 mins becareful when you get it out it is very hot take you a small spoon and sip on it I also have a bottle that I can throw away bc it will make you slime alot. hope it works for all of you.

Yoga position.

I lay on my back and do the bridge position with you feet lifting your butt off of the floor. I massage the lower part of my stomach and allow the gastric juices to flow upwards.

It disolves what ever is stuck and sometimes it just pops it out of the stoma, pains go away quickly.

Seems to work with me and my surgeon seemed to think it made sense.