Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Over After Two Years of No Loss

Hello Everyone!

I was banded March 2006. I did great the first 6 months and haven't lost anything since. I did liquids for the first month and lost 36lbs. By 6 months with still no fill I had lost a total of 81lbs! That's when my weight loss stopped and my fills began. I have since had a baby and am now ready to start over.

Last week I went in for a fill. I could not swollow my spit, but I was loving how the restiriction felt! I did not get hungry at all that day. I went in the next day and had 1cc removed. I am hoping to replicate when I first got banded, so I plan on doing liquids for a month. I'll weigh myself once a week. Today, I am somewhat hungry but I still want to see how far I can get on liquids. I have 70lbs more to lose.

I plan on sticking around the boards for a while, cuz that was my downfall leaving the community.

Hello Everyone!

I was banded March 2006. I did great the first 6 months and haven't lost anything since. I did liquids for the first month and lost 36lbs. By 6 months with still no fill I had lost a total of 81lbs! That's when my weight loss stopped and my fills began. I have since had a baby and am now ready to start over.

Last week I went in for a fill. I could not swollow my spit, but I was loving how the restiriction felt! I did not get hungry at all that day. I went in the next day and had 1cc removed. I am hoping to replicate when I first got banded, so I plan on doing liquids for a month. I'll weigh myself once a week. Today, I am somewhat hungry but I still want to see how far I can get on liquids. I have 70lbs more to lose.

I plan on sticking around the boards for a while, cuz that was my downfall leaving the community.

I'm so sorry to hear that you couln't even swallow your spit; nobody deserves a struggle like that. I really hope you find some balance with your weight, because I know how hard it can be to deal with the stress that goes along with it.

Just remember that the band is suppose to also help you with changing your habits and relationship with food. It's not meant to keep you from eating at all, or using it as a crash diet. Take this opportunity in your life to understand why you over eat and learn healthy habits like picking the best foods to eat and exercising regularly. The reality of keeping the weight off once you start eating again is probably pretty slim. Try to get there by doing it right and your chances of maintaining it are alot better. The liquid diet wasn't for quick weight loss, it was to shirink the liver, and then afterwards, to protect the new stomach and band. Of coarse you can do things your way, but it just doesn't sound very healthy. I'm not sure without solid food for a month I would have the energy to take care of a baby. Good Luck, I hope things go well for you.

laurigee, that was very good advice...now i wonder if i can take it. it's already been 8 days. i admit i am dong it as a booster.

Actually, its great advises (lol). To bad I can't always follow my own advise. I want what I want now, also. We seem to have similiar stats. I left the site for about a year when I got frustrated that everyone was doing much better than I was. What a mistake. I just started losing weight again since I came back. I get motivated by joining the challenges. It's great for support and inspiration. Well, keep me informed on your progress, Good Luck. And congratulation on your baby! Is it your 1st?

It only lasted a day, but thabks for your concern. I was tempted to wait it out longer but I'm breastfeeding.

that's a bit alarming. YOu do realise that by trying to live on liquids at a time when your body needs up to 600 calories a day extra you may be jeaopardising your ability to feed yoru baby?

You also realise that if you force your body to shed weight very fast by doing a liquid regime, you may even go into ketosis and that can affect your baby too ? The ketones come through in breastmilk, not to mention all the rest of the toxins stored in your fat and the hormonal upheaval weight loss can cause.

As well, you'll probably be darned exhausted.

Its perfectly possible to lose weight whilst breastfeeding in a healthy way - just do it moderately. There is no need to be so harsh at this time, you've probably got an advantage just now metabolically speaking. Then again I piled ON weight whilst breastfeeding, it never had that weight loss effect for me.