Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Big Fat Pig

Guest lilpugowner

She is very unhappy woman. People like that often try to hurt others because she is hurting so much herself and she should be pitied. I know it hurts but if you can forgive her in your heart and ignore her on Monday...you will be OK....you are on the right track now....

Mari Ann, I'm sorry this happened to you. It hurts and embarasses me so bad when anyone says something about my weight. I work in a nursing home, and some of the old folk don't even know their name anymore but they'll look over and say "look at how big she is" I wanna cry and they don't know any better! One of my good friends always tells me (in front of all my co-workers) how pretty I am and how nice I dress for a "thick girl" like I'm supposed to be ugly and dress sloppy because I'm "thick" people just need to keep their comments to themselfs. We'll be thin one day and show them!!

Mari Ann, It's great that you are ready to go right in on Monday, when calling out sick would seem like the easy way to go. Congratulations on your attitude, go gettem.

So, now that your supervisor is done crying, Monday morning would be a good time for her to make an example of your coworker and send the message that a hostile work environment will not be tolerated. I saw you are in the medical profession, so if you work for a large company like a hospital or long term care facilty, or the City, there is likely an extensive policy about such behavior, which in this case is just begging to be exercised.

If your supervisor takes the easy way out, she will bring you both in to the office so the other one can appologize to you and then have you shake hands and walk out like nothing ever happened.

You may want to be ready for whichever route your boss takes. Sweeping the incident under the rug allows the vulgar one to strike again at you or someone else.

Please don't tell me she's the president of your union :)

Awww...sweetheart....((((Big Hugs)))) If I were the boss I'd find a way to fire that person. I would think harassment and creating a hostile work environment would be reason enough.

We've all had some experience with a rude comment. It hurts, no matter what idiot it comes from.

Think about who you are, your good qualities. You know God doesn't make junk, and he loves you. If I never lost another pound, and even if I gained a hundred, God would see me as beautiful, because He sees past what this world does to us right to our essence, the person he created.

Hold your head high, honey. :)

Guest lilpugowner

I just wanted to Thank each and everyone of you....I know that we all have felt so bad with our selves at times or we would be were we are now...I also knew that if I reached out I would be heard and helped...This support group has been the best thing for me...sometimes just reading some of the posting make me feel as if I had written them myself...I will walk in there tomorrow with my head held up high...I will walk in there tomorrow as if nothing happened...The person who said this to me is the evil one not me...I will not be made to feel ashamed...I am working on my problem (with the band)...she obviously is not working on hers...

....AGAIN THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH....IF IT WASN'T FOR ALLL OF YOU I'M NOT SURE I WOULD HAVE MADE IT IN TOMORROW.....

""HUGS TO ALL OF YOU""

MARI ANN

You have a great tool to help you lose weight and then you'll be thinner and for sure healthier...she will always be a bit*h!!

Screw it. Call in sick and go to the doctor. Cry your brains out, shake, hyperventilate. Tell him you can't face your co-workers due to the humility, then have him write you a prescription for anti-anxiety meds, therapy, and 30 days of disability due to post-traumatic stress. Then they'll fire the bitch.

You can flush the pills and spend the next month floating on a raft drinking Crystal Light out of a coconut.

I am going to throw up now. This sickens me, and I'm sorry she caused you so much pain.

Its Monday morning, 9:42 and I wonder if you have jumped across the table to choke this "woman" out! I know people look at me and make comments, sometimes it hurts, pisses me off, makes me cry...but it hasn't really happened in a long time. To get my back fur standing up though, someone only has to say the word retarted. I have a son with Down syndrome, and I can't tolerate the teens in my high school telling each other "Your retarted".....ugh! rakes on my last good nerve! I took one boy aside, cause he was saying it and saying it, after many many many times of me asking him not to call other students retarted. I took him in the hall way and told him, look, its like this...I am an Italian-American, and if someone came running into this room every day and screamed STUPID DUMB DAGO-WOP I would be offended....And if someone came running in this room every day screaming the N word, you would be affended as an African American. I told him, this is almost the same thing to me, and I would appreciate it if he used other words....This little example hit home for him....FINALLY....and he stopped saying it. Can't get to them all though...same goes for the people who comment on our weight. As OZZY OSBOURN said in one of his songs "I don't want to change the world, I don't want the world to change me"....be your self...be strong, and for Gods sake let go of that womans throat shes turning BLUE!! eheheheheheheheheheheh

GOOD LUCK TODAY...CANT WAIT TO HEAR WHAT HAPPENS..

Delara...I like the sound of that Crystal Light from a Cocoanut! eha! where do I get me one?

What did your supervisor do to fix this problem?? Are they not aware you can sue for "Verbal abuse", I think this is a big problem and she needs to be written up!!!

All I can add is that in this day in age, your coworkers will react with the same outrage as we have. I would be surprised if you aren't greatly supported more than ever.

Wow, I am really sorry that someone was that rude a vulgar towards you and I know exaclty how that feels. I would've felt like I coulda died at that moment, but what gets me through all the hateful things ppl say to me is picturing them in that same situation and imagining them in 10 or 15 years with an extra 50lbs and it looking HORRIBLE on them and everyone thinking man they used to look good, and everyone seeing me after I have lost all the weight and regreting what they said to me because I am not going to gain the weight back unless I choose to have the band removed

I am so sorry you work with such a terrible person who has to be mean to other people =( I am thinking of you tonight and i hope your day was good and you had more confidence-because NO ONE should ever speak to you like that--just remember we can change our weight those kind of people cant change the ugliness of themselves-inside,outside or both!! :| LOL.

I wish you the best of luck today-and always! Please let us know how it went and remember we are always here for you. Even when it comes back to bite her in the A$$ and your rejoicing!

I had a customer say something similar to me once. I suddenly had a very important phone call to make in the next room while someone else dealt with him. I'm very greatful I knew that I didn't have to see that guy probably ever again.

Please tell us how your day went today, and if anything was done?