Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No More Cream of Mushroom Soup!!!!!

Hello Everyone!

I am a newly banded and a member of this site. I had my surgery on Nov. 6, 2008, this is my 1st day off the dope (pain medication), and feeling pretty good. I was excited on Sunday to have a choice between broth and a cream based Soup, but now I am tired of the creams. I don't know, maybe I am coming off my drug high. LOL!

Today I decided to get on the computer for cream soup ideas, and ran across this site. I am excited about having online support. I also hope to be an active memeber of this site.

I am happy about this being post day 5. I have no regrets, just would like to have a variety of eating choices. I am looking forward to the success that comes from this major sacrifice.

Thanks in advance for your input.

:D

Edited by aloudwhisper

i would agree. weeks 4-8 i lived on egg drop Soup. just make sure that if you get egg drop soup from a restaurant that it is not too oily. and you still need to be mindful about chewing the pieces of eggs..

Well egg drop Soup sounds really good, I think that I will get some of that for tonight. Thanks so much.

OMG!!! When I was 7 I had the German measles and all my mother fed me was cream of mushroom Soup. Even saying it gags me!!! LOL I went to a luncheon a few weeks ago and had "gourmet" cream of mushroom soup...very tasty but too chunky for the band I'd imagine (I am not banded now.) Anyway, a question about Soups. What about cheese soups like Max and Erma's tortilla or very spicy soups like hot and sour???

Yeah, I thought some about cheese Soups on yesterday. I am guessing that is also the way to go. I was told I can't have spicy soups, so I am just trying to find out about my choices.

Greetings Fellow 11/06/2008 Band Sistas!!!!

According to my meal schedule, the first day of 1/2 cup 'soft moist food' 3x a day 'food' is 11/22 so I'm already planning my Thanksgiving Day!!! A little dark meat, tad of mashed sweet potatoes, few string Beans. . . .Whoo! Whoo!

I have been going to Whole Foods and pureeing some of their deli Soups which are tasty and thinning with some mashed potatoes and skim milk. I'll check out egg drop Soup tonight!

I'm thrilled to begin this new chapter in my life and look forward to better health, self esteem and opportunities.

Wow.... I am so jealious. I will be on the creamy Soups until Friday. A friend of mines brought over some cream of shrimp Soup. I wanted to slap her it was so great! It been my food highlight so far. LOL!

I thought I was happy about the egg drop, man the cream of shrimp was so good. LOL! I am ready for pureeds. I am not feeling this soup thing. I have also be reading other people's post about going out and about. I tried it, and I think I did too much. I am guessing that I should not be wearing jeans for a while huh?

I haven't purchased any cream of wheat yet. I am thinking trying that soon. I am so ready for pureed food.< /p>

Well egg drop Soup sounds really good, I think that I will get some of that for tonight. Thanks so much.

I can't attest to the nutrition information, but the grocery store sells packets of egg drop Soup. You just heat it and add the eggs. It's really REALLY good. I used to make it a few years ago. And it's cheaper and for sure doesn't have the oil issue.

Hi I was banded on Nov 3rd. I never had any pain meds...wish I did! LOL I can eat pretty much anything I want....of course smaller amounts. Soup ideas for work are alwasy welcomed!

It's amazing how different all the post-op instructions are. My doc will have me on liquids for two weeks, then mushies for two weeks. Don't expect to be onto regular food until about 12/19. Oh, and I get pain meds and Ambien for help with sleep. :rolleyes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches