Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2009 - New York City Banded Together-Lapband Talk National Event

Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are you coming to "NYC" for the National LAP-BAND Conference?

**Quick Update**

The room rate has been extended until February 27, 2009

We have a block of rooms set at $139.00 per night, be sure to book by the 27th in order to receive the discount.

Looking forward to meeting you there!!

edit.gif

I am so sad! I was planning to attend but got invited to a family Bat Mitzvah that weekend and will be tied up. I'm so disappointed - I'd wanted to meet other bandsters and hopefully get support, love, and tips! I'll be thinking of you all.

for me nj would be fine...but if you choose to stay in nyc maybe somewhere near kennedy because it is cheaper to fly to jfk...which is one reason i didnt attend this year because with the flight and hotel it was just too much

**Quick Update**

The room rate has been extended until February 27, 2009

We have a block of rooms set at $139.00 per night, be sure to book by the 27th in order to receive the discount.

Looking forward to meeting you there!!

edit.gif

Hey Cher....quick question...I notice that there is a tentative LB conference in Vegas in October, 2009. Anything set in stone yet???? I plan on attending.

I would love to get more info on Vegas too! DH and are trying to plan a vacation for October, that might just have to fit into our plans!!:party:

Hey Apple,

Still working on the dates. The October Conference is being hosted by The Fill Center USA, I will be participating as a speaker. Once I know the exact dates I will let you guys know.

Cher,

I would love to attend the New York conference for Saturday only. Can pay at the conference? What is the cost for Saturday only?

Got your tickets yet? The 2009 National “Gastric Band” Conference is just two weeks away! The focus of this year's event is "Living the WLS Lifestyle", and speakers will address topics such as post-op eating, fitness, and emotional changes for patients who are considering or have had the Lap-Band® or Realize Band procedure. The goal is to educate all weight loss surgery patients on the tools for success, so their determination and motivation will result in a lasting transformation and a healthy new life.

Loyal members of Lapband Talk are eligible for a special discount on event tickets. Just click here for the Conference Link and enter Username: limited1 and Password: offer. See you in the Big Apple!

Due to the economy and its decline we have not met the expected attendance as originally planned when we first organized the 2009 NYC Gastric Band Conference. At that time we expected approximately 100-150 attendees with less than a week away we have less than 25. Unfortunately since we have such a low attendance we cannot meet the minimum financial obligation contracted with the hotel. As you might expect we have to postpone this conference to a future date, ideally between September and October 2009. We are very excited and hopeful for an economic upturn that will result in an even more spectacular conference, with more speakers, vendors and attendees.

We look forward to seeing all of you then.

When you set the new dates, please keep the Jewish High Holidays in mind. They start at sundown so if the calendar says the holiday is on a Monday, it really starts Sunday at sundown.

Cher,

I send you a payment for $87.50. I asked you for a refund via email. Which i have not received as yet. I know tickets are non-refundable, although I havent received a ticket because the event was canceled. My hard earned money is not yours to keep. I just sent you another email requesting a return of my $87.50, your email address seems to be no longer active. Please respond.

Lindagail

Don't know why this got sent to me- Cyndi Rice in Pocatello Idaho. Hope you get the message to the correct person. Banded OCC Sept 2007...happy at my goal for over 10 months!

Not sure why I got the earlier message about a refund - not me!! I got banded in Feb 2004 and I have been 115lbs since 2005 and I still love my band -- it is amazing -- I mean really amazing!! Has anyone had the band this long??? I am curious about other long time users. I haven't had a fill since Dec 2005 -- absolutely no complications but I want information on other long timers. I have tons of pictures if anyone is interested. (perkinsconcrete@msn.com) Best wishes to everyone.

post-242140-1381313827867_thumb.jpg

post-242140-13813138278977_thumb.jpg