Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"Realize my Success" website

Hi all,

I am about 30 days post surgery and am not scheduled for my first fill (and my next appt) until the first week of December. I really wish it were sooner! I have read a couple of posts voicing the same concerns and worries I have - not feeling much restriction, feel like I haven't made as many changes as I should, ... This is totally different than any other weight loss attempt I've done and I feel a little like I'm lost out here! Like I said, wish my next appt was sooner so I could 'connect' again with my Dr., dietician, etc.

Last time I saw my Dr (to remove staples), they gave me a couple of books about the Realize My Success website. I signed up (you have to have a code from your Dr). I am not sure how it works. I'm wondering if my Dr and other team members (dietician, counselor) can access it and keep track of my progress via the website. (As I type this, I realize how silly this sounds and will call them in the morning to see if they do keep track). It seems like a great site, but there doesn't seem to be any feedback. Anyone else have any comments or experience with this site? (It keeps telling me I haven't updated the weight in over 2 weeks. My scale is completely different from the Dr. scale - that's why!).

Mary

I use the site. The dr can track how you are doing and follow your progress. It is okay, I use the food diary, track my weight and exercise. It could be a bit more user friendly, but it does work.

I think my doctor's office has access to my info, but I doubt they ever actually check it. The weight I record on the website is based on my scale, not the one at my doctor's. Since I weigh at the same time and with the same clothes each time, I think it's more consistent to use my own scale.

My surgery was on November 6th. I haven't been on the realize my success website, but I plan on seeing what it is all about. I'll keep in touch.

I get on it pretty often to keep trake of my Protein intake and track my excersice amounts. I wish it had a diary you could type your thought in for the day. It also would be nice if it had a chat room for realize bandsters.

I'm disappointed with the Realize My Success pages. Maybe it's my age (59), but I find it confusing and too "busy" ... SPARKPEOPLE.com is a lot easier for tracking foods, Proteins, exercise and weight loss. I really had hoped for more. (My surgery is DEC 2nd, so maybe after I get the full access, it will be easier.)

I understand what you're saying about busy...but, eventually it gets very user friendly if you persevere...I use it to track my food daily and my exercise and then a running calorie count...I can add my own foods in which has worked best for me...I say whatever you find that works for you, use that !!!! The key is USE it...good luck...

Today was my first day on my realize site. I just got my codes today. I have to say Im impressed so far with the site. Its a neat tool.

I'm still in the Pre-op stage, but have been using the website since early Aug. Until I am banded I only have access to the food diary.

So I guess I'm posing my question to those of you who are already banded and have full access.

How useful have you found it to be so far? Also what does it have to offer beyond the food diary?

Thanks!! ~M

I LOVE MY RELIZE BAND*** It's been the best give i gave myself.Was band on Aug 5th this year, and down 55lbs and tons of inches.Had to go and get new dress slacks for work today.Last year size 16-18 ladies, today size 10 pettie..Happy dance for me.So everyone get out there and move, exercise,walk, ride a bike. Make it happen, "Find the NEW U"..

Edited by Charlietuna
TYPED WRONG NUMBER.

Was just banded on 12/15--first post-op appointment is tomorrow so am glad I found that Realizers can post here. Realize band site does nothing for me because I have no patience feeding the initial info into the site and am a pen and paper kind of person. Heard Sparkpeople is good. I like Fitday.com because it has a journal page. Like recipes at Realizeband but am not ready to use them yet.

I am digesting well, getting hungry, and looking forward to pureed fish and "real" Protein. Member of OA and do not usually eat sugar or artificial sweeteners so am looking forward to getting back to my usual way of eating.

Lost 50 pounds pre-op and some since then--we'll see. Can somebody tell me how to put one of those "weight loss" lines on my posts. Thanks, kathy

I found that Ive been avoiding the realize site because I dont want to enter in all of the initial info like you. Ive been on spark for over a year and its all set up for me already so Ive been using SP.

It is hard for me to switch to the Realize site as well. Lapbandtalk is my online forum and I use fitday for tracking. If something works, it works . . .but I guess I should go and check it out.

I log onto the website everyday. I find it very useful and they keep improving it. I like the way you can track Protein, exercise, and get menu ideas. I also have found the tips very useful. They remind me of how to make "my tool" successful. :confused: