Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

I was banded on 11/20/08 and I am also not losing any weight...I lost about 20 pounds in the first month or so but I have gained back about three. I have had 3 fills so far and am just now feeling some resistance but my scale is not moving either...I eat less than ever! I just started weight watchers yesterday, hopefully that will help??? Best of luck to you!

hey everyone, i had my 2nd fill today. added 1.5cc's to the 2 i already had. for a total of 3.5cc's in my 10cc band. i did lose 4 pounds since my last fill which is good. I'll take every pound lost i can get. I just really feel that it would have been more had i had more restriction from my last fill. but no use crying over spilt milk. im just hoping that im getting closer to my maigc sweet spot.

Edited by ddgalarza

hey everyone, i had my 2nd fill today. added 1.5cc's to the 2 i already had. for a total of 3.5cc's in my 10cc band. i did lose 4 pounds since my last fill which is good. I'll take every pound lost i can get. I just really feel that it would have been more had i had more restriction from my last fill. but no use crying over spilt milk. im just hoping that im getting closer to my maigc sweet spot.

You have had an awesome loss since having the surgery though. I am getting a bit discouraged, because I haven't seen more than a 20 pound loss. I have seen inches drop, but I haven't measured myself to compare. I just want to see the pounds drop off the scale. I am trying to stay encouraged and know that everything happens in time.

But what has been your workout routine?

Your loss is awesome! I was banded 11/18 and am down 31 lbs. Congrats....how many times aweek do you exercise?

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys that really helps. ive lost 10 pounds since surgery and i am proud of everyone, i sepent alot of time sweating them out in the gym. my gym routine thus far has been stickly cardio. i am at the gym 5-6 days a week at 5:30am (its the only time that wont impact my time with my kids) 1 hour of cardio anyway i can get it. my preferred method is the treadmill. i do 3 20 minute increments. the fist 20 minutes is at n incline of 0 speed set at 4.0-4.2. the second 20 minutes is at incline of 6.0-7.0 speed 3.0- 3.5 and the final 20 minutes is at incline 3.5 speed 3.5. i spent weeks on a straight 0 incline at a varying speed of 3.0-3.7 and had great resluts. but once the scale stopped moving i knew something need to change so i started with my workout. for me its easier to make changes to my workout then it is to my diet. i know its time to start weight training and am planning on starting in February. they keep tellig me that "nothing taste as good as skinny is gonna feel" i cant wait to see if that's true.

My Dr gave me 3.5 cc's in my 10 cc band at my first fill. I wonder why they do it differently. And, what are the problems of large fills if people are not susceptible to sensitivity.

Ugh I hate the Protein Shakes, but someone on here said something about the Slimfast Low Carb shakes, they have 20 g of Protein and aren't as bad.

I only like muscle milk lite and they do have 3 grams of sugar. However, they now have a chocolate mint ready to drink which has only 100 calories and 0 sugar. Best of all, it tastes GOOD. For me to say that about protein shakes, you have to believe it!! I hate all of them! My nutritionist recommends muscle milk lite so it can't be to bad for us.

My Dr gave me 3.5 cc's in my 10 cc band at my first fill. I wonder why they do it differently. And, what are the problems of large fills if people are not susceptible to sensitivity.

i really am not to sure on why the doc's are also so varied in thier methodology of how much to give for fills. my doctor (compared to others on this site) seems to be very conservative on her fill philosophy. when i asked her about her giving me more that 1.5cc's, like at least 2cc's she said that she didn't want over fill me. even though she could take some out if it was too much, she said it was her experience that with overfills hat her patients end up losing ground with there weight loss. I dont know. i just hope this additonal amount helps me out.

Well, I have hit some sort of stalling point. I know it isn't diet, cause I only eat Protein and veggies and am only consuming about 1500 cals a day, and I know it isn't exercise cause I hit the gym 5 days a week for an hour each time, 30 mins of interval cardio, heartrate at 158, and 30 mins of strength. Oh well....a cross each of us most bear. Hopefully it'll shift soon! Just so those of you going through it know, you aren't the only one!

Hi everyone, it’s been awhile since I posted so I thought this particular thread was the best suited as my Wife and I had our lap-bands placed on November 19th (the same day).

So far, I have reduced my weight by 59 pounds and my wife is down around 30 pounds. I refuse to say I “lost” the weight as that would indicate that I plan to find it again someday. I do not plan to “find” it anytime soon (never again!!!).

I know that the weight reduction is large but I’ve been really working on it and have followed the doctor’s orders to the absolute. I have also been very active in my exercise plan. I spend about 1 hour of very intense walking on the treadmill. I walk at a speed of 3.0 on an incline of 10 for an hour. Then I “cool down” by changing the incline to a 3 and change the speed to 2.6. I keep that up until my heart returns to a somewhat normal beating per minute. Yes, I hate every moment of it! I watch TV as I work out to help pass the time and it doesn’t seem to be quite as bad.

I’ve found that without the extreme exercise I just can’t get rid of the weight. While I don’t recommend this plan for anyone it works for me as it took me a couple of weeks to work up to making it the whole hour at that speed and incline and stay within my ability range. My heart does not go over 172 beats a minute at this speed and that’s about what I use as my objective heart rate.

Yesterday I reached my half way mark to my weight objective. After I came out of the Marine Corps (in very good shape, might I add) I weighed 190. The doctor thought that with my age, height and build I would be about right at 210, which is my initial goal. Today, after my workout, I weighed 267 from my starting at 326 on November 1st.

I’ve found that the lap band is a tool that helps me to keep from being hungry all of the time but it’s not the cure all. I have to work with it and keep exercising. I’m, actually, starting to get accustomed to the routine now even if I hate doing it. I’m lucky that I don’t seem to gain the weight back if I miss a day or two of exercise due to other activities.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the lap-band is great but you need to exercise and follow the “rules” that your doctor gives you. You must try to find out what is right for you as far as exercise is concerned, so, work up to it. I hope you all do well and that I don’t weaken in my drive to my goal and you also reach your goals soon!

:)

I know that the weight reduction is large but I’ve been really working on it and have followed the doctor’s orders to the absolute. I have also been very active in my exercise plan. I spend about 1 hour of very intense walking on the treadmill. I walk at a speed of 3.0 on an incline of 10 for an hour. Then I “cool down” by changing the incline to a 3 and change the speed to 2.6. I keep that up until my heart returns to a somewhat normal beating per minute. Yes, I hate every moment of it! I watch TV as I work out to help pass the time and it doesn’t seem to be quite as bad.

I’ve found that without the extreme exercise I just can’t get rid of the weight. While I don’t recommend this plan for anyone it works for me as it took me a couple of weeks to work up to making it the whole hour at that speed and incline and stay within my ability range. My heart does not go over 172 beats a minute at this speed and that’s about what I use as my objective heart rate.

I’ve found that the lap band is a tool that helps me to keep from being hungry all of the time but it’s not the cure all. I have to work with it and keep exercising.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that the lap-band is great but you need to exercise and follow the “rules” that your doctor gives you. You must try to find out what is right for you as far as exercise is concerned, so, work up to it. I hope you all do well and that I don’t weaken in my drive to my goal and you also reach your goals soon!

:cool2:

Denny, thanks for sharing your exercise routine, etc. with us. I was about to be very jealous of you for being a man and having it so "easy". :thumbup: I know! Don't you hate the word EASY!!!!! :scared:

You've given me a lot of motivation today.

Thanks again!

I went for my first fill today, I chose not to have one right away b/c I felt restriction with the band alone. Then over Xmas I felt hungrier and ate more, realizing its time for a fill. After several attempts, we realized my port has flipped. It was not such a great experience getting poked for a half hour or so multiple times but I realize flipped ports are common. I am having revision surgery on Feb 11, in 2 weeks, no extra cost.

Banded November 5, 2008

Pre-op Weight 198 lbs.

Well, I can now relate to all my fellow banders! I had seriously forgotten what true hunger felt like. Yeah, I got a bit hungry, ate a small amt, filled up, and stayed that way for hours and then repeated. food was no longer an issue. I swear I felt this way since I was banded 11/24. I got my first fill 1/6 and really hesitated because I was not sure I needed it. Well, I noticed a slight change over the past week and then today, OMG, I have real hunger!!!!!! All day long I have been hungry. I ate as usual only to have my stomach (both of them!!) talking a half hour later!) I was complaining at work and my office asst was complaining that I could not concentrate because I was hungry and I was making her crazy talking about it, she wanted to go buy me chocolate......swore that was her trick for curbing the hunger (she weighs 105 with a BMI of 23)! Now, mind you, I did have 2 tuna salads for lunch! So, I called the nutritionist late afternoon and of course he said I should get a fill sooner than my Feb 25th app. Well, I don't have another $380 that soon!! But, I scheduled one for Feb 10th, 6 days after my $580 dental crown!! Fill prices go down after the second and he did say if it does not take well to call within 2 weeks and they will tweak it for free. (Maybe I should tweak it just to be sure heh?) Just had to share as I lay in bed starving. I freakin can't believe this and I swear I forgot this feeling. I will cry if I gain weight before Feb 10th!! I feel your pain!:thumbup: