Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the banded Notorious Novembers???

Well, I can now relate to all my fellow banders! I had seriously forgotten what true hunger felt like. Yeah, I got a bit hungry, ate a small amt, filled up, and stayed that way for hours and then repeated. food was no longer an issue. I swear I felt this way since I was banded 11/24. I got my first fill 1/6 and really hesitated because I was not sure I needed it. Well, I noticed a slight change over the past week and then today, OMG, I have real hunger!!!!!! All day long I have been hungry. I ate as usual only to have my stomach (both of them!!) talking a half hour later!) I was complaining at work and my office asst was complaining that I could not concentrate because I was hungry and I was making her crazy talking about it, she wanted to go buy me chocolate......swore that was her trick for curbing the hunger (she weighs 105 with a BMI of 23)! Now, mind you, I did have 2 tuna salads for lunch! So, I called the nutritionist late afternoon and of course he said I should get a fill sooner than my Feb 25th app. Well, I don't have another $380 that soon!! But, I scheduled one for Feb 10th, 6 days after my $580 dental crown!! Fill prices go down after the second and he did say if it does not take well to call within 2 weeks and they will tweak it for free. (Maybe I should tweak it just to be sure heh?) Just had to share as I lay in bed starving. I freakin can't believe this and I swear I forgot this feeling. I will cry if I gain weight before Feb 10th!! I feel your pain!:redface:

Isn't it funny how you're cruising along doing great and then BOOM you get hit with the hungries. Yesterday was one of those days for me but today, wasn't hungry at all. Hopefully, it was only a fluke for you!

Isn't it funny how you're cruising along doing great and then BOOM you get hit with the hungries. Yesterday was one of those days for me but today, wasn't hungry at all. Hopefully, it was only a fluke for you!

I thought it was just me....somedays I feel like I could eat the fridge if I'm given the chance. Other days....I have to push myself to eat.

I know it's just head hunger. I must open the fridge 100x when I get home & just look inside. I've picked up my knitting needles again. Tell my "head hunger" that I can't put my project down or I'll lose my place. That seems to be working for now.

I'm just getting to experience the whole deal this week! This morning I had my first PB episode. It was totally my fault, but totally related to my new found appetite aka hunger! I tried to eat a bite that was too big, too fast. I am always so careful to take small bites and chew so much. I guess I was thinking the old type hunger=old type eating. I learned quickly! Now I am still hungry as I ended up unable to eat any of the meal!!

Edited by jms462001
sp

Hey everyone. I am so sad LOL not really but i hit 29.5 today on pounds lost and i was really wanting to see 30 down :( But that's ok, i'll definitely get it next week. Hope everyone is doing great.

Well, Iam in Louisville, KY and we had an ice storm last week and 3 more inches of snow today. I haven't had power for a week, but I am staying with my son and his family. Needless to say, I am not eating or drinking right and the scale has stopped moving. Hoping to have power soon and back to some normalcy. Any suggestions for getting the scale moving again???

Hi,

I haven't posted on this thread lately but I thought I would share that I have hit the 40 pounds lost and it is feeling great, however I can't wait to say I have lost 100 but that'll be a while.

Anyway I am ready for my next fill but it isn't until the 17th, I heard the 3rd is your sweet spot usually so hopefully I will lose more then.

Anyway hope yall are doing great~ I am ready for some warm weather...

Well, I hope the reason no one's been on here for a few days is cause you are all rockin and droppin the pounds. I am still sucking swamp Water. scale hasn't moved in over a week. Stinks!!!

Sucking swamp water! I'm with you there! :(

Whoever recommended my-calorie-counter.com---Thanks!! I've been tracking mine for a week now and realize I've put my body into starvation mode. Only eating 1000 calories a day and then working off 600 at the gym. Bad bad bad. So, I'm on a mission to get in at least 1500 calories a day. Very difficult while eating only lots of veggies and meat with no appetite!

I have to have my surgery for port repair next wed, need to be at the hosp at 915. wish me luck.

I have to have my surgery for port repair next wed, need to be at the hosp at 915. wish me luck.

I wish you tons of luck and a fast recovery. What went wrong?

Good luck...what happened?

Positive thoughts and prayers heading your way.

My dr said it can jst happen naturally when it heals. So I cannot get any fills unless we fix it. We tried like 6-7 different times and at one time, he had two needles in rooting around. Not a pleasant experience. Wouldnt want to do that again. My stomach is still bruised a week later.

Hey Notorious Novembers!

I haven't posted here in a minute, so I thought I'd check in...I did okay through the holidays and went for my first fill on January 5th. It was kind of a non-event - my doctor doesn't numb the area around the port because he says if he's on his game, I won't have to endure more needle sticks because he'll hit the port correctly the first time.

Ooookay...well, he was right - he hit it the first time, so instead of a needle stick for the anesthetic and then another one for the port, I only had one, and he was done pretty quickly. I forgot to ask how much Fluid he put in, but he was finished pretty quickly.

He gave me some Water to drink to make sure I could get it down, and then told me to come back if I was having trouble or my weight loss was slow or non-existent.

The day of the fill, I was on liquids, then mushies for a day, and then back to solids. The first few days I felt restriction, and a few pounds came off. The next two weeks, I felt as if I hadn't had anything done and my hunger came roaring back. I was, to put it mildly, disappointed. I struggled through January with no real loss, just up and down the same 2 - 3 pounds.

A couple of days ago, I pb'ed for the first time ever - on food that hadn't caused me any trouble a week earlier! It was the oddest feeling - like I had a gas bubble trapped, but when it came up, food came with it. YUCK! :bananalama:

The next day, same issue - different food, but something that I had eaten before with no trouble, and I pb'ed again. I've read in other places on the site that sometimes it takes a while for a fill to "catch up" to you, and I'm wondering if that is what's happened to me. I've noticed that I feel more restriction since the two episodes, so I'm hopeful that the weight will start to come off more noticeably.

I am down two sizes in my jeans (wonderful NSV) and some of my other clothes are starting to get looser. I can button and zip jackets easily that caused me trouble before surgery, and I'm happy about that. My winter coat is getting too big - I wore it today with another sweater coat underneath (single digit temps here in CT) plus my jacket, pullover and skirt. I'm down a shoe size as well, and feeling pretty good except for the disappointment at no real loss.

Hanging in there, though - and my hubby brought me home a rowing machine (he does maintenance at a gym and they were going to toss 3 of their older machines) so I'll be getting that extra workout in. I must admit my workouts have been slack during January, so that's part of my problem with the weight loss.

Looking forward to reporting better results at the end of February!:cheers2: