Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

can weird cravings just replace old bad habits?

i am curious and interested in others opinions. I previously very craving spicy hot foods. this may be very weird but lately ive been craving just straight mustard. ok so ive loved mustard since i was a kid. mustard sammiches etc.. anyway i love it. even tho its 0 calories im still concerned that its replacing my binge eating because i will eat it between meals. man i promise im not pregnant. lol. anyway does this happen to anyone else?

Pickles--- I have been craving pickles like no other.....Little baby Kosher dills. And I KNOW I am not preggers either.

OMG! I want to keep up with any replies you receive. I too craved hot, spicy foods and yesterday I just wanted to turn the mustard bottle up and squirt it in my mouth! It's got to be a Vitamin deficiency of some sort but what? AND as a yo yo dieter, I know I only crave mustard when I am losing weight!

Hello my name is Christine and I am also a mustard addict...LOL. I do crave mustard and also Frank's hot sauce, which alarmingly I can drink out of the bottle. I only allow myself these things on my regular meals and they are low calorie so I am just accepting it as a quirk. Before I was banded I would dip pretzels in mustard and would eat celery with hot sauce and blue cheese dressing and that is over so maybe I just find comfort in the biggest part of the taste? Since these foods have no nutritional value could it really be a deficiency? I hope not since I think I am spicey enough!

OMG! Im so glad I found this post, I have been craving Franks Red Hot Sauce and I swear I have been putting it on anything I eat and litterally just sometimes squirt some in my mouth because the craving is so strong! My husband swore I was pregnant but I wasn't. I have found I like different things now too that I didn't like before like black olives...I used to have them, now I love them...strange :blush:

Lemons. I add lemon to my Water and I like the lemon icees.

Pickles--- I have been craving pickles like no other.....Little baby kosher dills. And I KNOW I am not preggers either.

OMG me too.....I love em!

omg Im so glad im not alone in this!! wow it sounds like alot of us go through the same thing. I too have been craving popcorn and probably eat more than i should :blush: like today i had a mini bag 100 calories around 12 and was still really full until like 7. I guess i need to eat more protien items but man its so good. one more thing I crave and its just awesome is i cannot believe its not butter spray. no calories no fat no carbs all chems yes but it does taste like butter!!!!

Chicamam1 I disagree, I think I cannot believe it is butter spray tastes better than butter! It is truely an example of better living through chemistry...LOL.

I love this site, where else would these conversations happen?

YES! and YES! Lemon in Water, tea, I HAVE TO HAVE IT. And totally agree with hot sauce-- also been craving that "buffalo" taste.... I saw a recipe on here for a baked buffalo chicken breast so I am going to have to dig it up.

Do any of you think that things that used to taste good now taste like dog poo? I tried a dorito chip (yes yes, I know they are illegal but it was that nacho taste I was craving) and BLECK! Tasted terrible.... glad to be rid of that temptation!

Still wanting pickles though.... :D I also agree that popcorn cravings like mad-- might be a carb thing.... not sure.

You are not going crazy! What you are craving is intensity of flavour. You are mostly likely used to having quite rich foods, with a lot of taste to them. That's missing now. One of the ways to get a quick flavour hit is with spicy foods.

pickles, chocolate milk, peanut butter...just a few of my recent odd cravings!! so much better then the McDonalds, Doritos, soda cravings of the past!

I never ever like bbq chips now I can't live with out them... my husband hides them... I don't eat alot but he isn't use to sharing :thumbup: