Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happy 6 Month Bandiversary!!!

Wow! Can you believe it has been 6 months? I know my bandiversary isn't until the end of the month, but I thought we should start a thread about what we have learned about ourself and/or living with the band over that past 6 months.

I have learned that food is not the enemy, my attitude to food was the enemy.

Chew, chew, chew!

Clothing sizes are only temporary.

The band really is only a tool, a very powerful and effective one, but only a tool.

I could go on forever, I want to hear from you guys!

God Bless!

Shelly

7 May will be 6 months for wife & I.

she has lost 30 lbs and wow, yes I can see it.

I am down 40lbs and have gone from a 3XL shirt to a XL.

I have a pair of pants that I havn't worn since 2003 that are now starting to look baggy on me.

The last diet I went on was in 2003 and I got down to 275 before I started putting it back on.

I am now at 270 and was 268 for 1 day :cool2: and if it wasn't for Halloween I would still be dropping, give it a couple of days and I will be going down again.

I wouldn't change a thing, meaning we would both still get the band, even though I do miss steak, I don't miss those pounds.

Good luck everyone, can't weight to hear from ya.

Ray & Kat

Hi -

My bandiversary isn't until the end of the month but It's still in May. I have a love/hate relationship with my band but mostly love it. Most days it does it's job very well (as long as I'm working with it).

I've lost 30 lbs. and I'm feeling great. People are really starting to notice. My biggest problem is that my winter clothes are getting too big but I don't want to buy new stuff because I'm still losing. I know that's a good problem but it's still a problem.

Congrats to all of our May bandsters!!!! I hope you all are doing well.

:thumbup:

My bandiversary is May 7th. I'm down about 45 pounds and only 30 more to go. I'm so glad I did it. Wouldn't go back for anything.

What have a learned?

Lets see:

1) That I can use food only to to nourish myself and not to reward myself

2) That every event or occasion isn't about food-it's about family and friends

3) That I have control over what I put in my mouth

4) That there IS a thin girl inside there somewhere and she WILL come out! LOL

Shelly,

Thanks for the post... you're doing great!

I've learned that I am totally worth it and it feels good to do this. It has been life-changing, not only for myself, but for my family. My 2 teenagers are now actively exercising daily with me and I hope this will be a habit they will carry with them through adulthood -- thereby (I hope) keeping them from traveling the road that got me here.

I love all the NSVs that I have gained from the loss :) -- the ones I can mention: 5 clothes sizes down, outrunning my kids, being able to reach my derriere :lol:; the others, well, use your imagination! :lol:

Most of all, I love the self-confidence this has given me. I CAN do it, I AM worth it and I will ALWAYS be grateful for my band.

Mine is a love/hate relationship also and money has also been an issue so I couldnt buy the fish and stuff I need to eat. Instead I've been having to nibble on the food I make for the rest of the family and cant even afford Protein Shakes right now. I have 7 cc's in my band now(had 5th fill yesterday) and I'm going to do a 2 wk liquid diet with this fill because my weight loss is at a screeching halt and I want to get to ONEderland by New Year's. I havent bought any new clothes for several reasons :blushing:1. my stomach isnt shrinking enough to justify new jeans but I am down from 26/28 to 18 by stretch jeans from Walmart that I tried on in the dressing room but didnt buy :eek: was just curious and bored and had time to kill. :w00t: 2. I like my shirts big on me not constricting me.:biggrin: 3. I dont see I've lost enough weight to buy new clothes even if I did have the money:cursing:. Self image is sometimes a real pain in the butt :sad: everyone is telling me that they can see it in my face..well I DONT!!! :biggrin: I still see that huge woman that let herself go this long and let food rule her life and how she deals with things.

May 21st will be seven months for me and I say my journey so far was and is wonderful. I am down from a size 24 to a size 16... I can now jog, something that I wanted to do for a long time. And I am down 81 Pounds. The band is a wonderful tool if you know how to work it.

November 22 will be 6 months for me. I have lost 30 pounds. All of my clothes are getting too big and I really need to buy some new ones. I have been able to get into jeans that I haven't worn in years. I love it and wouldn't go back for anything.

my six months isn't until the 23rd. i've lost 39lbs since my surgery day. i'm very happy with the loss that i've had and my MANY NSV's!!!! too may of those to list. in shirts, i've gone from a 3x to a extra large, even at times just a plain ol' large. in my pants/jeans, ive gone from a snug 22 to a getting a bit loose 18. my knees, ankles, and lower back don't hurt anymore. i've hit a bad plateau, but im hoping to be at 215 by NYE...got a fill yesterday, we'll see what happens!!!

It will be 6 months since surgery on Nov 19th and have lost a total of 74.6 lbs!!! This week my weight loss is 3.2 lbs!!! I love my band Looosssiiieee!!! YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!

November 30th will be my six month anniversary. So far I have lost 64 pounds and am only 33 pounds from goal! I hope to have those numbers up to 67/30 by the 30th.

Healthwise, I feel so much better. Because I also had Hiatal Hernia repair during surgery I was able to quit smoking. I have not had any caffeine and with watching my bad carbs and losing weight I am off my Metformin for PCOS and my PCOS is officially in remission! :thumbup:I have so much more energy, I sleep through the night, I no longer have back and knee pain...

I started out in a size 18W pants and I just got into a size 10P! :rolleyes: I went from a 3X top down to Large. I am seeing changes in my body daily and it is wonderful!

6 months anniversary is in 2 days...can't beleive how the time has flown by!! I am thrilled to have the lap band and couldn't have made a better decision. I am a slow and steady loser...not *really* counting but following non-scale victories...I feel amazing and have so much more energy. I regret not getting this sooner...spent far too long being obese. I am enjoying the updates...everyone seems to be doing really well. Keep up the good work guys!!!

In my wildest dreams I didn't expect to lose 70lbs in 6 monthes! In a fairly short time I have been able to cross my legs for the 1st time in a long time, purchase non-plus size clothes and get off of my blood pressure medicine! I am so happy I made this decision!!:)

Lexy... you look beautiful!

Wow, 6 months! I don't know why but it seemed longer. I have been feeling discouraged for the last 2 months because of frothing & vomiting issues, then making bad "easy" food choices but when I think-it's only been 6 months-I guess I've been doing okay. I feel encouraged by everyone's weight loss & excitement & feel motivated to get out & move! Thank you May Banders!

You are all so very encouraging. I am enjoying reading the posts. This week I finished my skills group sessions and have scheduled my follow up behavoirist appt for Dec. 17th. Thusfar in my journey I have lost 21lbs so I am not complaining Looking forward to losing more b4 that appt. I would love 10 off because that would put me in another category, but whatever it is, I will relish it. Congrats to you all. I look forward to loving my banding as well!