Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies:The Month Of The Turkey

I see that there is lots of views, not very many posts. Come on guys let us know how you are doing. We love to hear from everyone even if its not going good or if its great.

Have a great day.

Carol

Hi All, just checking in. I didn't get to the gym much in the last two weeks. I've been helping a co-worker with her play production. It ended last Sunday.

I gained 5lbs pounds for I was making bad food choices.

I'm not to upset, for what I gained was not as bad as it could of been.

So, looking forward to reading what you've been up to.

Juli, I won't be able to take those classes this January. Couldn't come up with the tutition they want, then go on the payment plan they have. So, I'm looking into other areas. Maybe I can find somewhere I can take a few nutrition classes, until I can attend the nutrition school.

I've got good news.. I DONT HAVE A LEAK AND I DONT HAVE TO GET REVISION SURGERY... YAY!!!!

And he gave me restriction again!!! yay..

Stupid me tried to eat normally right away and i had a pb like i haven't in the longest time.. and i didnt miss it one bit..

But i think i may be slightly too tight now.. but at least i know its functioning now!!

if it doesnt loosen up a bit in a couple days when the swelling goes down then it means i need to be a little unfilled...

as crazy as this sounds but im glad to be too tight right now.. because it mean the band is holding the Fluid and this is a lot easier to fix then a leak..:)

Things are starting to look brighter.. My brother also agreed to go to rehab!!! FINALLY!!!

And i had a date with a great guy that likes the way i look and knows about my past!!

Edited by Jeni 85

Jeni,

That's good news on so many levels.

Yeah for good restriction!!!!

Yeah for your brother and woo hoo on having a date.

Life is good indeed.

Gwen, Don't let the lack of tution money get you down. I know it's a struggle for so many of us. How about getting books from the library? Or seeing what the text books are for the classes you'll not be taking and read up on your own?

I believe that life long learning happens in all different kinds of ways.

Good luck finding something that will fit you. And let me know you as you discover it yourself.

Ok so the fill was definately to tight... i had the day from hell yesterday.. was pbing everything i put to my mouth.. and then towards the evening it got so bad to the point where liquids weren't staying down...

so i emailed my surgeon. and i met him in the ER so he could unfill me and i could eat again!!! YAY!!!:)

I havent really tried solids... but im able to have thick Soups and fluids and yogurt...

thanks juli!!!

well I haven't weighed myself in ages (I think the scale is under laundry and I'm scared to see the numbers...) But I had to go shopping the other day because I was a bridesmaid this weekend and the outfit I had planned on wearing for the rehearsal dinner did not fit when it arrived. So I went through the mall and I dashed through JCPennys and grabbed several different things off of the sales and clearance racks in a range of sizes-- a couple of size 16s, one or two size 18s, a size 20, one 22. I didn't think the size 16s would fit but they were the cutest so I tried the one first. And it fit! Now my Spanx was all in the dryer at home (I rarely leave the house without my Shapewear on these days-- I have Slimpressions on top, spanx on the bottom and they meet in the middle and help hold it all in) but I figured I would look good in it once I get everything tucked in. So that was good. Then I tried on another size 16 dress and I looked good. But it was a sleeveless and I didn't want to have to get a jacket or bolero to go with it. Then I tried on a suit that was a size 18 top and it was ok fit but the skirt with it was size 24, someone had mismatched things, and the skirt was way too big. Nothing from when I was that size stays on me now. And since the top of the suit had plenty of space I figured the size 20 and 22 would be too large. So I tried on another size 16 outfit and it also looked nice-- sure the belly is there but with spanx it is much less noticeable so that I can reasonable wear it, etc. So I was really excited. I have been a size 16 in jeans now for quite a while but I have not worn a top in that size since I was in highschool (and I graduated from high school 7.5 years ago-- which feels like a very long time ago especially since I'm a in high school a couple of days a week). I need to call this week and see if I can get a fill apointment for next week. Once I get my fill, count me in for the ten pounds by new years. I will say one thing about weight loss-- I am not as warm as I used to be. And I don't mean personality wise since I've never been that friendly :laugh: I mean in terms of body temperature. These days I tend to bring a shawl or sweater with me in case I get chilled which is nice since I always used to just be warm. I had hoped to be at goal at two years from surgery and now I don't see that happening, but I do want to get there eventually-- and I still have my dream size of 12 that I want to get down to eventually.

Hi Good Morning

Happy Thanksgiving in advance!

I lost a pound finallly 197.2 I'm excited about that! The scale stayed at 198 for the longest!!!!

I pray you all have a great day look forward to reporting more weight lose...

Tia

I hope everyone has a good holiday and enjoys the time and people around them.

I know I will.

Feeling very blessed.

Juli

Thats Awesome Tia... CONGRATS!!!:sad:

Actually i got some good news my scale is moving in the right direction again.. I saw 181 this morning.. i never saw that at number... i was stuck a 184-187.. YAY!!:crying:

So i lost 3lbs!! yippee!!!:)

Hi All, glad everyone's is seeing great success. I'm not at the moment, but I'm not discouraged. My gain may be from muscle and not pounds per se. I'm at the gym regularly.

I'm seeing inches I haven't seen in a long, long, long time. So, you see why I'm not too discouraged. But, seeing the numbers go down is better.

I'm going to get another fill, to help me with the next two holiday events. I so want to be at goal weight by March. I'm anxious and scared at the same time. Just seeing everyone's numbers below 200lb and looking for my next size to be 18's is motivation enough.

I am checking out books and looking into learning centers till I can into nutrition classes. I'm also looking into audio books.

So, good luck Jeni on you date and prayers for your brother's recovery.

My Thanksgivings is having all you great people here to help me on my journey to a new and better me.

So, have a great Thanksgivings and make those good food choices. Hugs to All.

tHANK YOU GWEN....

Happy Thanksgiving to eveyone!! hope this holiday isn't too tempting...

I know they are for me.. my mom made her famous sweet potatoes!!

Have a good one!!

Hi Everyone!!!

I was banded in March of 2007. Havent had a lot of success to date because I have been eating around my band, but I have been recommitted the last couple of weeks and the weight has started dropping again.

Hope you don't mind me CRASHING into the group and being a regular!!!! :):blush:

Hi Tabithan, welcome aboard. Stop by often so we can get to know one another. You're not alone getting back on track.

Go back to the basic and get back on track. Up the exercise and make better food choices.

I'm stepping up my exercise to 4 times a week since I'm now a full member of Bally's. They open at 6am so I can get in and out in the mornings. Just in case I'm not able to get there at night. They have so many exercise equipments one set of each targeted area on different days, will take me about an thirty to fourty-five minutes to complete.

And on Saturdays there is a Kwando class. I want to take to hold off the guys that will want to ravish my hot body come next summer.

Well, everyone have a great weekend.

LOOOOOOOOOL - I just LOVE THAT - Kwando to hold off the guys that will want to RAVISH your HOT body next summer!!! You just made my morning.

Interestingly enough, I just signed up for Tae Kwondo on Saturday - I start as soon as my uniform gets in - They had to SPECIAL ORDER MY UNIFORM!!! SIGH

But I wasnt mad....:blush:

Good Morning Everyone, hope you're recovering well, from the Thanksgiving Holiday. I am.

I'm still discovering new ways of controling my portion sizes. In using the cut off noodle parts of my lasagna pieces, they were just the right size for a small glass food storage dish (about 3" of the lasagna noodle). They were 4 pieces, about 2 whole noodles. I layered the dish with the sauce, noodle, veggie meat, ricotta and baked for about 30 minutes. Well, to my surprise it is enough to get two servings out of. Now I don't need to wait till I make a family size lasagna to eat lasagna.

This week I get to go to the gym as often as I want. Also, I'm scheduling myself for another fill. Hope this one will last me till March, 2009. I only have 4of 6 more visits before my referrals expire. I've been using them sparingly.

Well, enough for now. Waiting to read your news.