Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many sizes did u go down vs. the amt you've lost? curious..

Just thought Id put this out there. I was curious to see how many sizes others have went down in connection with their weight loss.

I personally as of post have lost (after many ups and downs lol) 56 pounds.......and I'll be damned I aint changed a pant size yet.....or maybe I have I just dont realize or something. I definately know that pants that were a tad big on me before I totally cant wear, but the ones that actually fit, still fit. I havent tried a smaller size yet for fear that I might get upset.....lol.

My shirts I guess have gone down. But are still generally the same, just arent as tight as before.....dont think Ive come across anything yet that I totally cant wear......

Ive listed my sizes below

CURRENT WEIGHT:193

PANT SIZE:16

SHIRT SIZE 14/16 PRIOR SHIRT SIZE: 2X OR 18/20

Hi -

I recommend you go and try on some new clothes! You will be surprised at what fits!!! While you think your current clothes fit, they probably look way too big for you!

Congrats on your weight loss!

I am down 58 pounds.

I started out in a size 18W jeans/size XL stretchy pants and 2X-3X tops.

After about 35-40 pounds lost, I was in a size 16 jeans.

I skipped over size 14 and I am now wearing Size 12P jeans/Medium pants and mostly XL 16/18 tops(XL is too big around the middle and I could wear a large if my bra size would just go down a little more...But it did go from a 42DD to a 38D) I was also surprised to find that I went down about 1/2 size in shoes.

I agree, with SDM, go out and try on new clothes you may be pleasantly surprised. When I was wearing a loose 16 I decided to go out and get myself a new pair of jeans. I tried on 14's and there was still some room...I went back and grabbed a size 12 and they fit!! They were not skin tight but snug. I decided that snug was better because I would be able to wear them longer. A month or so later, they fit looser.

Edited by Jodi_620

I've lost 62 pounds and have gone from a tight 22/24 to a loose 18/20. This is the smallest size in my closet, so after these get realy big, I will need to shop.

Christine

I went from a size 24 to a size 14 (they are snug but fit) !!

At 5'4.5" and 225 I was in a size 20 pant and 2x shirts. I've lost 71.5 pounds and at 154 pounds, I'm in a loose size 10 and size MEDIUM shirts. (I am still trying to wrap my mind around this! I bought some new ones recently and bought larges and had to take them all back for Med!)

I'm going this weekend to try on 8's! I have been putting that off because I was sure they wouldn't fit, but a coworker finally said "Get some new clothes, those are too big!"

I agree with the others, try them on, you'll likely be pleasantly surprised.

Congrats on your weight loss everyone!

Edited by SuzanneG

suzanneg - your almost there!!!!

at 5'1 & 200lbs, i was a 16 bottom and XL top...however it seemed like it took a LONG time before i started to drop sizes. now a yr out i'm a size medium top & size 4 or 6 on bottom (depending on type/brand).

i agree w/all here - go try on clothes!!! even if you don't buy something; congrats all w/the weightloss!!!!

Thanks Luluc! You are one of my favorite LBTers for inspiration!

I started at 5'4" at 270 lbs wearing a size 24. Now at 160 lbs i can wear 14 loose and 12 tight. You will see if you go shopping you may skip sizes. I was the same way wearing a 18 that i had in my closet went to the store because i was out of sizes. ( I have a friend who had bypass so i had all her clothes and mine) But i went from an 18 to a 14 in one shopping trip.

good luck

beth

I am 5'7" and weighed 242#. Wore a 3X top and 18-20 slacks. I am now 135# and wear a medium top and size 6 jeans. Took me awhile to move down a size when I first started losing. I think it was around 30# when I finally moved to a 2X top.

It took a LONG time at first for the weight loss to translate into a clothing size change - probably around 30 pounds or so. Now my weight loss is slower, but the clothing sizes change faster. Bizarre, I know!

I think it also depends on your body type. I started out in a size 34, but now in 24 pant and 5/6x top to 2x. My clothes sizes have gone down slowly for me but it is going down and that's ok. I find that if I don't focus on clothes sizes I won't get so frustrated.

As of today I have lost 45 lbs since surgery. I have gone down 3 sizes, from a LB right fit size 6 blue to a 3 blue or 28 down to a 22 in pants. In shirts I am now in a loose 22/24 can wear some 18/20s.:)

I find the part of my body that isn't going down enough to my liking is my BELLY. That used to be the first thing that I lost, now that dang flap is ticking me off!!!!!!!!!:)