Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many sizes did u go down vs. the amt you've lost? curious..

I'm finding that this time around in losing weight compared to when I was last this weight (2002), I am a smaller size and have NO IDEA why.

I've lost about 63 lbs and dropped 5 sizes. Was originally 233 lbs and a size 20 (although I did my best to get away with size 18s...I didn't want to be in the 20's!!!). I'm now about 170 and a size 10. HUH? LOL The last time I was a size 10, I was in the 150's. I don't get it - go figure.

I have gone from a size of 42 down to 36. This also depends on the type and cut of clothes that you purchase. Iam down almost 70lbs from my high of 250.

Chris

I am down 54 and still wearing the same size pants. I am in a 32 jeans. I have a very large belly :( so I have always worn my clothes big and long T-shirts to cover the belly. As I lose weight, I am finding my belly is looking more and more like a butt!!! I tried on jeans in a 30 and a 28... they fit in the waist and legs (looked much less clown like) but they were so tight in the belly.... my "front butt" was showing.

I have started wearing smaller, shorter shirts with the 32 jeans. I am quite impatient to go down a size (or 10) :)

Hi All:

This is quite an inspirational thread. Please remember to buy at least one pair of jeans that fit on the way down so that you can appreciate your thinner bodies. If everything is loose and baggy you can't see it as much.

Pants before - 26/28 now - 12

Tops before - 3X now - M

Bra before - 42B now - 36B

Felt like age before - 100 now - 29 and holding!

Yippee!

Sue

Edited by Sue Magoo
hit tab key in error.

I feel comfortable in my old clothes . . . so my family usually has to tell me that I look ridiculous in order for me to go out and buy myself new stuff. My 5 year old told me my pants were way too big the other day. And she was right!

I am 5'7". I started off at 263 pounds, size 16/18 top, size 22 bottom, and a bra of 42DD.

I am now 204 pounds (-59), and I wear L tops from most brands or XL if it's a slim brand like Calvin Klein. Most Lane Bryant tops, even the 14s, are too large. My bra is a 38C or 36D, depending on the cut. My jeans and pants are either the "Red 1" from Lane Bryant (the moderately curvy ones in a size 1), or the 14s from Lane Bryant. But I can also fit in a lot of non-plus shop size 14s and definitely the 16s. I will probably never be able to wear Levis or Calvin Kleins, though. They are just not the right cut for my body, even at my thinnest.

I really feel like in about 10-15 more pounds, I will be done with Lane Bryant for FOREVER and I will be sooooooo happy!

I started at 229 and size 20-22 in pants and shirts and sweaters and such. My legs are smaller then the rest of my body. Now I got 14 P Ryder slimming jeans at Wal-Mart the other day...yea. My tops are big but I can still wear them around. I did get two new tops size 18. They are a tad tight. My boobs are just starting to shrink.My tummy is still a bit big. It's hanging like an old apron...LOL But it's shrinking.....

I tried on a dress w/jacket I got at Coldwater Creek size 16P a couple of years ago and it's just a bit small in the bust but fits the rest of me. 10 more pounds and it will fit. I find the Petite sizes seem small than womans sizes in dresses and tops. But I need them for length and sleeve length.

I am slowly packing away my "fat" clothing. I am lucky that I am retired and don't need work clothes. If I go back to work which I may have to do with this economy I will get an easy wardrobe of mix and match.

I am so very happy, I had dinner tonight, made a big roast beef dinner for the family...with all the fixings. I had one small slice of RB 3 oz., two small spoons of mashed potatoes. One small half of a acorn squash. Two small spoonfulls of green Beans, one roll/light butter. I ate all the meat, and only had a bite or two of everything else and I felt really really strong restriction. So I stopped eating. I am full with maybe 1/4 or less than I normally would have eaten.

I hope to be able to get to 170 by the New Year. Which will leave me with 40 pounds to lose in 2009. With the way the clothes are made today, I have no idea what I will be wearing when I hit 130. When I was 110 I wore a size 3 or 5, but that was in 1970's LOL.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

I went from a size 24/26 to a nice comfortable 18 and I am able to fit comfortably into a size XXL tops instead of tight 3X...lol I love my band!!!! :D And my bras are all huge on me now :rolleyes2:....that's kind sad...but still :cool2:

It took a LONG time at first for the weight loss to translate into a clothing size change - probably around 30 pounds or so. Now my weight loss is slower, but the clothing sizes change faster. Bizarre, I know!

You lost 110 pounds in like 4-5 months?!?!?! Did you eat? lol I must know your secret....please :rolleyes2:

I have gone from a size of 42 down to 36. This also depends on the type and cut of clothes that you purchase. Iam down almost 70lbs from my high of 250.

Chris

Wow! :rolleyes2:

I see that you live in Florissant - I live in Creve Coeur. By any chance is your insurance UHC through Boeing?

I started at a 16/18 pant and a 2X top. I'm down to a 6 pant and a M or L top, depending on the fit in the bust and arms, both of which need surgery to match the rest of my body.

I am down 54 and still wearing the same size pants. I am in a 32 jeans. I have a very large belly :rolleyes2: so I have always worn my clothes big and long T-shirts to cover the belly. As I lose weight, I am finding my belly is looking more and more like a butt!!! I tried on jeans in a 30 and a 28... they fit in the waist and legs (looked much less clown like) but they were so tight in the belly.... my "front butt" was showing.

I have started wearing smaller, shorter shirts with the 32 jeans. I am quite impatient to go down a size (or 10) :D

There is an historical post from Wheetsin about the butt belly. She drew pictures and all. If anyone knows how to find that link it would be priceless! I LOL in real time when reading that. Wheetsin is historical in more ways than one.

Bump up your Protein, when you consume Protein you lose inches. The belly fat will go, the butt belly will go when the plastic surgeon works his magic. ;o)