Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who can still eat whatever they want?

I certainly can not... :cool2:

I'm still at my plateau since May, have not lost or gained but remained about the same weight. Actually I think I'm down 2 pounds in 5 months. woo woo :) (no sarcasm there) I've worked out until the 'jiggle' in my arms is gone.:mellow: ... but the weight just hangs on me. I've seen the inches go down, but the weight is haunting me. I even bought a new scale thinking this one was broken. :thumbup:

Maybe joining weight watchers for a short spell will help... I'm not a former WW-junkie... so this is new to me... any thoughts?

I found that I cannot eat fried foods. I had chicken nuggets and thought I would up-chuck them. Today I had scrambled egg(cooked with olive oil spray) and a piece of toast. I filled up to an uncomfortable level on 1/2 the egg and 1/4 of the toast. So I am not sure if I can tolerate eggs and toast or not, I might try the toast by itself and see. Other than that I have been able to eat anything.:smile:

One way or the other, we have to make decisions and choices how we are going to lose weight, band or no band. Yes, I suppose you could say that I can (swallow) anything, and this, for now is by design. But I'm doing well, down #50 pounds in 4 months, so I'll keep doing what is working.

I

I was banded on 9-9-08 and had my first fill 10-20-08 and I don't have any restrictions yet, I feel hungry all the time but I just remember to not snack and get in my Protein and veggies

I was banded on July 14, 08 had one fill in July and still feel no little restriction. I have lost 69 pounds but I think that has been my own choices and exersicing like crazy. I fear that will wear off and the weight will come back if I don't get resrtiction soon.

Being able to eat whatever I want is my biggest fear! I am in the process of insurance approval. If I spend money to have this done; I want it to work. Does the Protein help? What suggestions do you have?

I was banded on 8-18-08 and had a band fill of 4.5cc on 10/3. I have been able to eat just about anything without problems which is kinda scares me. I have no problem eating bread, chicken, fired foods, Pasta. I just called to get another band fill. Going in tomorrow, will see how that goes. I am just really scared of stretching the pouch.

I was banded in May and have had 3 fills and could eat whatever UNTIL the last fill and now I am learning that there is somethings better left alone. I have also learned that everyday is different, some days it is easier to eat that others. I am still learning my band and what it is trying to tell me and eveyday is a new learning experiece. I am scheduled for another fill on Monday but I'm not sure if I need one or not. I plan on discussing with my surgeon when I get there. I also have started losing weight again since my last fill got some restriction.

good luck to all and restiction is coming!!!:)

As others have said, until you start getting the band filled, what you are experiencing is completely normal. It is VERY rare for someone to have restriction with an empty band.

I've only had one fill of 2cc’s in a 10cc band so I have no restriction and can eat anything. I do feel full quicker and for a longer period of time though.

Hang in there!

(I'd stay away from the foot longs though - if you *must* have Subway at least get a 6" or a wrap. You need to stay accountable!)

I had my 3rd fill this week & after the 2nd & definitely after this one I can feel a difference. I can still eat bread but its a toss-up as to whether or not I can get it down so usually I pass. Soda is definitely out. My Dr says that diet is OK if its poured over ice but I tried it & the gas upset my stomach so I've decided its not worth it.

Trust me, you can't eat whatever. Luckily, my band seems to know when I shouldn't eat naughty things. It won't let me eat breaded fried stuff or french fries.. yep, I tried eating a Mcdonald's fry once.. not a good idea to eat 3 at one time.. nope.. i dont' even attempt bread... but, salads and fish and veggies and all the good stuff always goes down fine for me!

I just had my first fill of 3cc's in a REALIZE Band yesterday, and feel no restriction, well, maybe I fill up a LITTLE faster and stay full a little longer.....We almost went for 4cc and chickened out. The only thing I could not ever eat (since banding) is steak that is not rare and TENDER....it pops right up. I am ready for this thing to make me know it is there, even if it is one bad experience!

I was banded on July 21 with a 10cc Realize band and up until this past Friday after my 4th fill, I could eat as much of anything that I wanted. I lost 20 pounds during the pre-post fasting but not a pound since after 3 1/2 months. I had a 3 cc fill at 4 weeks, then 4 weeks later I had 2 cc, then another 4 weeks and 1 cc and just had a fill on Friday of 1 cc which puts me at 7 cc and I can finally feel some restirction. I am satisfied with smaller portions but am not finding that they are sustaining me for more than a few hours. I did get a "gentle lecture" about slider foods - ones that go right past the band such as cake, donuts, Cookies, ice cream, milk shakes, chocolate - you know, all the good stuff that got me into trouble before WILL still get me into trouble now and forever. My dietician said to find foods that "challenge" the band such as dense foods like solid meats, dense breads, fibrous fruits and veggies. I'll be honest, I am discouraged and struggling. I hopped over to the "what are you eating, suggestions" blog and was really surprised at what people are eating. Most sound like very unhealthy menus with Protein Shakes that would slide past like Water, french fries, ice cream, etc. But then I am seeing huge weight losses at the same time so I just don't get it. I am looking for healty foods that will fill me up and hold me until my next meal while still allowing me to lose weight? Anyone have any tricks as to what is working for them? I had no problem eating two eggs and a piece of dense whole wheat toast this am. Am I still too "loose". Thank, Linda S. York, PA. 54 years old with a starting BMI of 41.

I've only had my band since 10/24, so I'm on day 2 of soft/mushies, but I thought the beauty of the band is that you could eat whatever you wanted, but in reduced portions? The band will cause fullness, so you won't overeat. Is this not the case? When I went through the surgical eval through my MD's office, I learned that lap band candidates are people who enjoy healthy food, understand and know about nutritious eating, but eat large quantities, and bypass is for people who eat too much, but also eat lots of junk and fried foods. Is this other people's understanding?

I am able to eat everything that I choose to eat. I have never gotten sick with anything. I have stayed away from everything that my doctor told me too which wasn't much like soft bread and hotdogs but otherwise. There are foods that I will never touch again as that is what made me obese besides my brain and stomach allowing me to but otherwise anything really healthy goes.

It is up to us and is our responsibility as adults to finally realize what is good nd what is bad for us.

Josephine