Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ding...Ding...Ding...Ding....AT GOAL!!!!!

Hey...made goal this morning. 106# gone. I feel so good, have so much energy and the cloud of obesity has blown away. I love my band.:regular_smile:

That's so awesome! Congratulations!

I see you were banded in June 2008 - Did you lose a lot of weight before being banded?

Hope to see some before and after pics!

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome. I am astounded that you have lost 106 pounds since June. You will be my inspiration. I go for my consult on Monday with 117 pounds to lose.

Great job!

Hey...made goal this morning. 106# gone. I feel so good, have so much energy and the cloud of obesity has blown away. I love my band.:regular_smile:

CONGRATS!!! I cannot believe how much you have lost in such a short period of time! You are totally an inspiration to so many of us here!!

So I have some questions....you obviously have done an incredible job losing the weight but overall, how has your entire journey been? Did you hit any obsticles? Are you exercising? What has been the hardest thing for you since being banded?

Hope you don't mind all the questions....I'm just so curious...I'm being banded next month and whenever I read success stories like yours, I just want to hear MORE! These stories help ease my mind and help me believe that this band will really change my life for the better! But I know its not going to be easy and just want to be as prepared as I can be. Thanks so much...and congrats again!!!!

congrats apples!!!!!!

Oh my goodness :regular_smile: If you don't mind me asking did you loose a 106 lbs after you got the Lap Band? Are did you start working on your weight lose before the Lap band. Inquiring minds want to know. But I want to give you a BIG CONGRATULATIONS. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. YOU JUST INSPIRED ME TO WORK HARDER. WOW!!!!! ;)

:lol:Congratulations! You must have stuck to the plan 100%!! I just joined today, and you message was encouraging. I am starting the paperwork for the 1st Dr. appt. May I ask if your skin integrity kept up with your pound loss? I am 57 and that is a real concern I have...

Thank you!

CONGRATS!!! I cannot believe how much you have lost in such a short period of time! You are totally an inspiration to so many of us here!!

So I have some questions....you obviously have done an incredible job losing the weight but overall, how has your entire journey been? Did you hit any obsticles? Are you exercising? What has been the hardest thing for you since being banded?

Hope you don't mind all the questions....I'm just so curious...I'm being banded next month and whenever I read success stories like yours, I just want to hear MORE! These stories help ease my mind and help me believe that this band will really change my life for the better! But I know its not going to be easy and just want to be as prepared as I can be. Thanks so much...and congrats again!!!!

Hi Cappy...want to wish you happiness and a successful lapband journey. If you read a second post by me above, I lost over 50# b/4 being banded. Had to do the 6 mo. medically supervised diet and decided to just start with the weight loss at that time.

As far as obstacles go...making the decision to do the LB is one big obstacle in itself. It's a huge decision. When a person comes to the realization that once that LB is in your body, your way of eating and your life changes forever. It is all such a positive change though. About the only advice that I can give is to follow ALL of your doc's orders when it comes to eating, follow-ups, etc. Do not sabotage your good intentions by eating "slider foods", not exercising. It's all up to you to make things work. One of the best resources for support that I found was this board.

I was very lucky to not run into any obstacles physically. I guess the one thing I would have done different is to have gotten another fill about a month ago to have a little more restriction. (I have a fear of being too full. This comes from many years of dealing with acid reflux. I had a haital hernia repair at time of surgery and have not had acid reflux since). If I would have gotten that fill, I would have been a little more satisfied with my 1/2 cup 3x daily. I am getting that fill soon.

I do exercise on a daily basis whether it be a 4-5 mile walk daily or just working out with a dvd. I did not join a gym (mostly because we are 15 miles from any town).

To answer your question about how this journey was for me...it's work but there are so many positives along the way, i.e.: the increased energy, the way a person feel about their accomplishments...this all outweighs the work that needs to be done.

The only other things I have to add is that I KNOW that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I will be 53 in about a month and I feel better than I did at 19 yrs of age.

:lol:Congratulations! You must have stuck to the plan 100%!! I just joined today, and you message was encouraging. I am starting the paperwork for the 1st Dr. appt. May I ask if your skin integrity kept up with your pound loss? I am 57 and that is a real concern I have...

Thank you!

Thanks Linkoop...yeh, I pretty much stuck to my doc's plan. 1/2cup 3x daily. I did treat myself once in awhile though.

As far as the skin...I lucked out on that one. When I started this process I thought for sure I would need a TT because I carried soooooooooooo much weight through my middle. I think that watching that I got the required Protein helped not to lose muscle mass and also carried me through this process with excess energy. My tummy is flat and I don't have the dreaded excess back flab. My arms don't keep waving when I have stopped. A lot of this depends on genetics, I believe.

Wishing you luck with is process. As I stated above, the best resource to keep a person motivated and educated is this board.

Hi Cappy...want to wish you happiness and a successful lapband journey. If you read a second post by me above, I lost over 50# b/4 being banded. Had to do the 6 mo. medically supervised diet and decided to just start with the weight loss at that time.

As far as obstacles go...making the decision to do the LB is one big obstacle in itself. It's a huge decision. When a person comes to the realization that once that LB is in your body, your way of eating and your life changes forever. It is all such a positive change though. About the only advice that I can give is to follow ALL of your doc's orders when it comes to eating, follow-ups, etc. Do not sabotage your good intentions by eating "slider foods", not exercising. It's all up to you to make things work. One of the best resources for support that I found was this board.

I was very lucky to not run into any obstacles physically. I guess the one thing I would have done different is to have gotten another fill about a month ago to have a little more restriction. (I have a fear of being too full. This comes from many years of dealing with acid reflux. I had a haital hernia repair at time of surgery and have not had acid reflux since). If I would have gotten that fill, I would have been a little more satisfied with my 1/2 cup 3x daily. I am getting that fill soon.

I do exercise on a daily basis whether it be a 4-5 mile walk daily or just working out with a dvd. I did not join a gym (mostly because we are 15 miles from any town).

To answer your question about how this journey was for me...it's work but there are so many positives along the way, i.e.: the increased energy, the way a person feel about their accomplishments...this all outweighs the work that needs to be done.

The only other things I have to add is that I KNOW that this is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I will be 53 in about a month and I feel better than I did at 19 yrs of age.

Your words are so encouraging! I will take everything you said and absorb it like a sponge! Thank you so much for taking the time to write me back....you are an inspiration to so many of us here....all the best to you!