Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 Days~ Join me please!

Oh poor Trina...I feel your pain, my sista!:biggrin:

The first day I tried the ArcTrainer, I swore my legs were gonna fall off at the end...it's a different kind of motion. If I work at it, I can keep it moving with no pause on each leg...I never get the tension or the weight off of the legs while I'm working them, and boy, do I feel it!

Didn't do much over the weekend, but hauled 3 wheelbarrows worth of wood for our fireplace across the yard so DH could stack them in our outside wood rack. Then we hauled more inside to the basement and some up to the fireplace on the 1st floor. My back and legs were tired at the end of that.

Started my liquid diet today - have had two Protein shakes and some fruit today...my head is pounding, so I may skip the gym tonight. I did walk this morning with DD, DH and DDog, and again at lunchtime, so I'm not feeling toooo guilty.:biggrin:

Hopefully tomorrow my head won't be booming and I'll get to the gym...:D

Ladies,

I am recommitting myself to myself today. I have been slacking lately and I know that I am capable of doing more. After I had my surgery in June I was working out everyday. I felt great and was more confident about myself. I have gone from a size 24 to a size 18 and I am estatic, but I have gotten comfortable and haven't been doing that I need to do at this time. So i start todayl. Right after this post, I will do the elliptical machine for one hour and then walk on the treadmill. I have to wash my hair today, so I will enjoy this shower afterwards.

I promise that I will work out every morning before work and do something in the evening after I pick up the kids. I want to hit 199 by Christmas. I am 213 now and I should be able to hit that definitely as long as I keep up the work for the next couple of weeks. Actually my real goal is 190 by Christamas which would be 23lb loss. So here I go.

Email you when I get off the machine.

Jen

Hey Ladies,

Checking in...

Jen - good for you in renewing your commitment to exercise. It's obviously working for you (24 to an 18, Woo Hoo!:thumbup:) so keep up the good work!

I was a lazy girl last week - didn't make it to the gym at all...I still walked every morning with DD and DDog, plus my walk at lunchtime, but I think I've been doing that long enough that there isn't a significant "stress" on my body. I really NEED to be in the gym, and today, I'm going back!

I'm only one week from surgery - assuming my recent indication of anemia doesn't stop me from getting it next week - I need all the good thoughts and prayers I can get.

We'll see tomorrow morning...:eek:

Hey Jen! Good for you getting back on track please keep checking in!!:tt1:

Ebony- I had a lazy week and weekend too but this is a new week! Wow your date is really coming up fast! Are you excited??!!!:cheers2:

I made up my mind to join another gym:mad: I drive about 20 miles to catch a bus to work (I work in DC) and the bus takes a little over an hour and I just cannot get myself to the gym after a hour plus ride on the bus then a 30-40 drive in traffic in the evening. So the town where I catch my bus has a community run gym and they have Les Mills classes like my home gym so I am going to bite the bullet and join that way I get there by 4:45 and can take 5:30 classes and get at least 3 days in. If I get the band I need a workout plan already in place so I can do well so this I think will help! :yesnod: I am going to keep my other membership as well for my weekends and days off. This will be $88 a month just for the gym but in the end it will be worth it. Right now I am only getting in on Saturdays and Sundays and that is just not enough. I feel good by the time I get to my car its just the extra 30-40 minutes I take to drive in traffic home that kills my energy and make me say forget the gym so this takes away that excuse.

I have a new boyfriend :lol: he's sweet and so nice so I blew off my workout this weekend :D I told him next time we are hitting the gym he can stand to lose some weight and he works out everyday and has lost 130 pound by just working out over the past year :eek: Its still very, very new but he was the first person I told I was considering the surgery he sounds supportive and that is good he's a sweetheart and I'd hate to have to kick him to the curb :blink: A/w I'll check in again soon!

Keep up the workouts ladies!!! :unsure:

Hello everyone!!Hope everyone is sweating ok. I'm just checking in. I went to the gym mon and stayed on the elipitical for 50 whole minutes!! Yay me! I burned 903 cals!! Tues i spent 35min and burned 678 cals and stayed on the treadmill for 20min and burned 108 cals! Oh soooo excited. The thing is im not sore!! Not even from last week! I almost didn't go because it was my bday but i had to! Do u think i ought to change my routine! Maybe my mistake, but I feel like if im not sore, im not workin out good. I sweat like a pig and im tired while im doing it but by the time i make it home im already rejuvenated!! WTH???

Mornin' Ladies!

Reporting in to say that I'm only 4 days away from surgery and getting more excited by the minute! :thumbup::w00t::lol::w00t::thumbup:

Had my pre-op appointments and all went well. I've been walking every morning and at lunchtime, but we've hit a busy period at work and I haven't been to the gym. I'm definately going back as soon as I get the okay from my doctor - probably sooner because I can do aerobics without bothering the weights until he says okay. I'll be sure to clear it with him first.

He is very supportive - and happy that I lost another 5 lbs prior to surgery! I was determined not to make the surgery hard for him, so the next few days I'm going stay with my protien shakes (2 meals) and a real food meal for either lunch or dinner.< /p>

I was tested as slightly anemic, so I started taking a supplement called SSS Tonic. I feel better already - not so cold all the time - so I know my Iron levels have come up. I will continue it after surgery because it's a liquid, so it will be easy to take.

I have a goal to become his best lap band patient ever - I want to eventually co-lead the support group that meets here in New Haven. I'd also love to do one closer to my home in Norwich...I don't know if the hospital in my area does the lap band surgery, but I'm going to check into that.

Congrats to everyone on their commitment to exercise - I know I would not be in as good a shape for my surgery if I was not exercising...keep up the good work!

Trina - you are getting stronger - that's why your recovery time is shorter. Your body is telling you that it LOVES the exercise...you will probably gain strength and endurance easily!

LastOptionAtty - your commute sounds a LOT like mine...an hour on the train, a 30 minute drive...I found a gym in the train station where I start my journey, so that's where I joined. I have to walk past it / drive past it every day. Though I've been working late the last week or two, I've felt kinda guilty about not working out because I have to SEE the gym every day! That's what made is easy to stick to my workouts initially...and it will help me go back to them when I am cleared by my doctor.

Will check in before and after my surgery - thanks for all the prayers and good wishes!:thumbup:

WOW Ebony it'll be here before you know it!!! Good plan with the gym I think that will work for me too I really know the land is a tool so I have to get back into a real workout groove before surgery so it isn't a total overall all at once with diet and exercise you know!

Hope everyone is doing well. I plan to join this Friday after work and go to my old gym Saturday and Sunday boyfriend is working this weekend *whew* :thumbup:

How are all my sistas doing??? Turkey Day is tomorrow!? Where did the time go?! Seriously the year flew by! WOW! I changed my Dr.'s appointment to Dec. 15th so I'll post an update on that. In terms of working out its been here and there but I did go on Sunday and did 15 mins on the eliptical honestly I couldnt do anymore once upon a time I could do 1 hour cardio is so important! Oh well going to keep moving forward!!!

Hope you all are well! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am joining this group late in the game, but I really need to get motivated. I am not happy that I am not approved to swim, but I can do light exercise. So I am on my way to the gym to get on the bike.

Where is everyone. Are you all still working out everyday?

I am joining this group late in the game, but I really need to get motivated. I am not happy that I am not approved to swim, but I can do light exercise. So I am on my way to the gym to get on the bike.

Where is everyone. Are you all still working out everyday?

WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!! I am still trying to get something in everyday. Sunday I went to a football game and had to hike to the stadium:eek: I am still finding it hard to get to the gym but I am living for the weekends where I can get 1-2 hours in to make up. Welcome again!!!:smile2:

Well it turned out, I only worked out that one time. I am so upset. My job had me so consumed, and I just couldn't let go. I was coming home 8:30/ 9:00p, with no energy to work out. One day, I didn't get to eat until after 8:30p. I was an emotional reck. The funny thing was, I really wanted to over eat, and my little stomach was not hearing that. LOL! I was mad, cause I wanted to make up for lunch and dinner. I had to really talk to myself and remind myself, that I would be okay just eating the one meal (well I had a Protein Shake, a banana and some yogurt, but not lunch), and my mind just couldn't shake that.

I realize that has been one of my down falls, eating late as hell. I am greatful for this surgery, because I am forced to not to over eat. I am getting my mind on track with my body (slllooooooowwwwwwwwwlllllllyyy).

I will be at the gym in the morning.

I think your task of walking to the game was cool. Heck, you could have been dropped off. LOL! I know the other people probably would have have agreed to that, but the option could have been different none the less.

Stay encouraged

ALoud I feel your pain and boy will I benefit from the band I can see it already! I have the same issue late night eating nad being too tired to work out not a good combo! Do the ebst you can and I think your idea of an am workout is a good one. My Mom offered to buy me a good treadmill for my home I am going to take her up on that offer!

Hello everyone!!Hope everyone is sweating ok. I'm just checking in. I went to the gym mon and stayed on the elipitical for 50 whole minutes!! Yay me! I burned 903 cals!! Tues i spent 35min and burned 678 cals and stayed on the treadmill for 20min and burned 108 cals! Oh soooo excited. The thing is im not sore!! Not even from last week! I almost didn't go because it was my bday but i had to! Do u think i ought to change my routine! Maybe my mistake, but I feel like if im not sore, im not workin out good. I sweat like a pig and im tired while im doing it but by the time i make it home im already rejuvenated!! WTH???

You go Ms. Trina!

I suggest you mix it up a little, your body acclimates to one routine and you don't get the same results. Maybe try the ellipticl MON-WED-FRI (for example) and the the treadmill (walk/jog) on TUE-THURS. Also try throwing in some weights in there - muscle helps you burn more calories.

I really like Vince Delmonte's workouts - I alternate with my cardio. I started slow & added as I went along.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55yW3aVn4HM]YouTube - Female Figure Athlete 6 Week Diet And Workout Plan[/ame]

You can also search YouTube for some good videos.

R~

Hey Jen! Good for you getting back on track please keep checking in!!:tt2:

Ebony- I had a lazy week and weekend too but this is a new week! Wow your date is really coming up fast! Are you excited??!!!:cool2:

I made up my mind to join another gym:mad: I drive about 20 miles to catch a bus to work (I work in DC) and the bus takes a little over an hour and I just cannot get myself to the gym after a hour plus ride on the bus then a 30-40 drive in traffic in the evening. So the town where I catch my bus has a community run gym and they have Les Mills classes like my home gym so I am going to bite the bullet and join that way I get there by 4:45 and can take 5:30 classes and get at least 3 days in. If I get the band I need a workout plan already in place so I can do well so this I think will help! :tt2: I am going to keep my other membership as well for my weekends and days off. This will be $88 a month just for the gym but in the end it will be worth it. Right now I am only getting in on Saturdays and Sundays and that is just not enough. I feel good by the time I get to my car its just the extra 30-40 minutes I take to drive in traffic home that kills my energy and make me say forget the gym so this takes away that excuse.

I have a new boyfriend :glare: he's sweet and so nice so I blew off my workout this weekend :lol: I told him next time we are hitting the gym he can stand to lose some weight and he works out everyday and has lost 130 pound by just working out over the past year :ohmy: Its still very, very new but he was the first person I told I was considering the surgery he sounds supportive and that is good he's a sweetheart and I'd hate to have to kick him to the curb :blushing: A/w I'll check in again soon!

Keep up the workouts ladies!!! :)

Sounds like things are going well for you. Stay encouraged. I also live in Maryland, so maybe we can continue to support one another. I had my surgery on 11/6/08, and I was a work outer. I had some difficulties getting back into my routine, but its seems as though I am getting this thing going. I felt really good after my workout. My muscles were happy to be working again. I plan to start swimming again (in Jan), I know my coaches will be happy to see me.

A new boyfriend that also works out, and a new outlook on life is a great combo. Keep up the good work

:tt2: