Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Since my surgery....

Instead on focusing on the .8lbs gained this week, I am going to focus on the changes that have occurred since August 1st. I think I will also start focusing on monthly changes rather then weekly.

I still struggle with eating slowly when I am hungry. I have gotten stuck and PB'ed on occasion and it is not fun. I need to focus on chewing and taking smaller bites. I also have to learn not to eat just because there is food around. I have to listen to my stomach and not my head when it comes to hunger.

Since August 1st I have lost 28lbs and lost 17.75 inches. I have so much energy and I don't feel as tired in the afternoons. I have gone down 2 dress sizes - I can actually button my pre-pregnancy jeans this morning despite being 15 pounds heavier since I last wore them. I continue to strive for workout out 5 times a week and eat healthy meals while not depriving myself. I am so happy that I have made the choice to get the band. It has made a huge difference in the way I feel about myself.

Good luck to everyone in this life changing journey!

Great post Claudine!! And congrats on the dress sizes!

I think that what you have raised will be the hard things to break...I mean we've lived with these behaviours for so long now it has to be a conscious effort to change them at the moment! I just hope we can all adjust and move forward with our lives!

Hey Claudine,

I'm happy to hear that you're doing well. Don't worry about the eight pounds they'll be gone before you know it. I too am a August All Star. My Band date was 8/4/08. I just had my second fill yesterday. Found out I gained 2 lbs. This was disappointing to me because since being banded I haven't lost much. But I will try harder and I will succeed. I too have a problem with chewing and eating when I don't think I'm hungry, But I try to eat my regular three meals so that I don't get so hungry that I eat too fast and too much. I hope I get the restriction I need with this fill. But I doubt it because I don't feel any different. And if I feel that the restriction is still not there ...me and the nurse are going to have it out. :)

Edited by Melolo

Instead on focusing on the .8lbs gained this week, I am going to focus on the changes that have occurred since August 1st. I think I will also start focusing on monthly changes rather then weekly.

I still struggle with eating slowly when I am hungry. I have gotten stuck and PB'ed on occasion and it is not fun. I need to focus on chewing and taking smaller bites. I also have to learn not to eat just because there is food around. I have to listen to my stomach and not my head when it comes to hunger.

Since August 1st I have lost 28lbs and lost 17.75 inches. I have so much energy and I don't feel as tired in the afternoons. I have gone down 2 dress sizes - I can actually button my pre-pregnancy jeans this morning despite being 15 pounds heavier since I last wore them. I continue to strive for workout out 5 times a week and eat healthy meals while not depriving myself. I am so happy that I have made the choice to get the band. It has made a huge difference in the way I feel about myself.

Good luck to everyone in this life changing journey!

Claudine Congrats on your sucess so far....what a great post!(:

Don't fret honey! It's less than a pound and, like you said, soooooo many other wonderful things have happened for you in just over 2 months.

I would bet money that you are actually matching pound-for-pound the fat you are losing with the lean muscles that you are building. A trainer once told me that it takes 6 weeks to actually "build" muscle. People can see toning before then, but they don't actually start creating new tissues for at least that long.

Claudine~ Keep up the good work. The slight gain is nothing, that will be gone the next time you step on the scale.

Being down 2 dress sizes is great! I noticed that I could look down and see my feet today, not my stomach! How weird is that - my husband thought that was a very weird thing to say. It was pretty fascinating to me!

You are my exercise motivation - you are great at keeping moving! I admire that. I just started exercising fairly seriously this week. I have to keep moving, I am impressed at how you fit that in each week - wtg!

Great post and you are doing awesome Claudine!!!

It's always a good idea to look at the big picture when we have a bad day or week. Look at all we have accomplished since being banded or even the first day of that long two week presurgery diet. Remeber when we were all struggling with that diet. Just remember when we hit our one year bandiversery we are going to be completely new people. Thanks for reminding us to look at our montly acheivements.

Congratulations, I have the same 8 oz. that come and go LOL. I am now only weighing my self on Fridays it's hard but I think that will help.

It's a long slow process but every day gets better. Keep up the good work. I also feel so much "lighter" and fit into my skinny (size 18) jeans, some day I hope they will be my "fat jeans" LOL

I noticed my clothes falling off before I saw much movement on the scale.

You are doing everything right, it will work out!

Hey Claudine,

I'm still weighing myself on and off, but I only record my weight on the 1st of every month. Seeing that I've lost 3 kgs (about 9lbs) in a month is a lot more encouraging and messes with my mind a whole lot less than seeing the scale move up and down day to day. Even week to week, it was fluctuating and making me depressed. But over a month, the loss is more tangible.

My waist is now down to 38 inches. I've not had a waist that small in over 10 years. And I know that I'll keep losing with the help of the band, too. When I was scale-stalking, I swung between hope and despair. Gaining even half a pound would ruin my day! And yet the pants I bought a month ago is way too loose for me now, so I don't care about what the scales say as much any more.

My DH hugged me tonight and said I don't feel the same as I used to, that I feel tiny now. Hey, I intend on being a whole lot smaller before long!

You're on the right track, you're exercising and you're changing your life. There are so many positives that don't necessarily involve the weight. Be proud of that!

Yikes a 38 inch waist is wonderful congratulations. I am just going one day at a time. It's how you feel that is the most important thing. I can now climb stairs at a good clip and no two feet on each stairs either. LOL

We will all be in so much better shape by next August we will be so happy....I'm sure of it.

Thanks for all the great responses guys.

Lellow - I sure do know what you mean by the ups and downs of the scale and always looking at the scales for validation of your weight loss instead of other cues around you. I am sure just about all of us feel a heck of a lot better being banded and making better food choices. Even when you don't have such good restriction yet, I find that you still make better choices and eat less then you did before banding.

One of my co-workers said to me yesterday "this is the smallest I ever seen you" she was wondering what diet I am on since I have seen to stuck with it. I just said eating less and exercising every day. I am not up to telling people about my surgery because I do feel that is the choices that I am making that helps to loose the weight not necessarily the band. Sure, the band is a physical tool that helps me eat a lot less but I am the one make the choice to to have a ice cream shake and have a chicken breast instead.:regular_smile:

I am also looking forward to traveling to California and fitting in an airplane seat comfortably and NOT having a seat belt extender!

Thanks for all the great responses guys.

Lellow - I sure do know what you mean by the ups and downs of the scale and always looking at the scales for validation of your weight loss instead of other cues around you. I am sure just about all of us feel a heck of a lot better being banded and making better food choices. Even when you don't have such good restriction yet, I find that you still make better choices and eat less then you did before banding.

One of my co-workers said to me yesterday "this is the smallest I ever seen you" she was wondering what diet I am on since I have seen to stuck with it. I just said eating less and exercising every day. I am not up to telling people about my surgery because I do feel that is the choices that I am making that helps to loose the weight not necessarily the band. Sure, the band is a physical tool that helps me eat a lot less but I am the one make the choice to to have a ice cream shake and have a chicken breast instead.:regular_smile:

I am also looking forward to traveling to California and fitting in an airplane seat comfortably and NOT having a seat belt extender!

Good for you. I agree with you when it comes to telling people about the surgery. I made the mistake of telling one of my so call close friend at work and now I feel like she watches to see if I lose or not. And I agree when it comes to you making the band work. You can have the band and it not work if you don't make the right decisions when it comes to eating and exercise. Either you can eat chocolate, ice cream, and Cheetos and not exercise and defeat the purpose of the band...or you can eat the chicken breast, cottage cheese, yogurt and the list of health foods goes on and help this tool do what it suppose to do. But when it comes down to it we are in control. And I love to hear people say they are in control because they will succeed in winning the fight over obesity. So good for you.;)