Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some of your NSV

Okay my weight loss has been on the slow side lately. So figured I'd go shopping. Low and behold I tried on some jeans and went back and got a smaller size. A size 14 and they weren't even tight in the butt or legs.(The waist was snug)BUT A 14 YEAH!!! I ususally shop in the womens size and was able to get into misses size. That was such a big high for me. The last 20 years has always been in the big womens dept. What a change. This was a BIG non scale victory for me.:cursing::wink2:

being able to start training for a 5k race. actually being able to RUN even though i can't run for long. having to hold up my sweat pants while i run!

Having to move the car seat closer to the steering wheel was a big NSV for me! Also a big thrill for me was being able to fit into a pair of victorias secret "pink" brand panties.

1. Touch my toes and tie my shoes
  2. wear a size 14
  3. run a mile at a time
  4. Do 1 hour of cardio without dying
  5. Find an outfit I like knowing they have my size
  6. fit into a plane seat without extender comfortably
  7. fit into any rollercoaster I want to ride
  8. Keep up with friends and family when we go places
  9. Keep up with my teens!
  10. Ride my bike to work for a total of 13 miles a day without dying.

The list is endless... Everyday I find something new :biggrin:

Congratulations! I had a similar experience. I went shopping the other night and tried on size 16 and they actually went up and I was able to button and zip them up. I don't recall EVER wearing a size 16. I think I went past that size.

realizing that no article of clothing on my body is from the plus size section or a plus size store!!! I thought of that when I was driving to work this morning and a sly smile crept across my face.

noticing that the end part of the seat belt in my car that use to grind into my center console and even left an imprint now has about a 1 inch gap between it

crossing my legs and swinging my leg back and forth comfortably

Buying a pair of jeans with NO elestic in the waist!

sitting comfortably in an airline seat

buying a colored lacey bra (instead or black, white or beige...yuck)

not having to struggle to shave my legs

wearing old jewelry and rings I haven't worn in YEARS

seeing my shins, collar bones and hip bones

wearing heels again

more fun in the bedroom!!!

My young adult sons tell me I look hot

not snoring anymore

no more blood pressure meds

not having to turn sideways to pass through a narrow bathroom door

completely shaving my underarm (no missing in the folds...)

Seeing the look on my parents' faces 9 months after surgery

getting asked out on a date, even though I'm married and not interested

cleaning my belly button LOL

buying lingerie that is sexy and not matronly

OMG AUbrie reminded me biggest NSV of all

NOT SNORING! My husband doesn't get so mad at me that I kept him up all night with snoring!

I bought 2 new pairs of jeans in the junior(plus) section. They seem to fit better than the womens plus sizes, snug but my butt looked gooooood! All of my jeans were falling off me, down from a size 22 to a 16. I was showing what i got to my 20 year old daughter. She said, OMG Mom, those wont even fit me..I was like, oh please, they will be hanging and so baggy on you.

She tried them on and fit her perfectly and then she wanted to borrow them cause she looked so good in them! Says she is going to start raiding my closet now since I'm buying cool looking clothes.

It felt sooooo good. I still don't see myself anywhere close to her size and still can believe it.:laugh::lol::)

She just had a baby a month ago and is already back down to her pre-pregnancy weight. After she thought about it, since she is still trying to lose a little more, she said " Oh its on now!!! I got to get moving before you pass me up!"....this was just the boost I needed.

Ruth

Isn't that great? I know what you mean. It does feel great. I just bought some pants a week or so ago and I'm wearing them at work today and they are loose! I don't know how much longer I will be able to wear them without getting them altered or get more new pants. I just bought some new pants that are 14/16! I don't recall EVER wearing this size. Simply delightful!