Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Status - How much lost? How many CC's? Problems?

It's been about one year for us October 2007 bandsters! Post here and let us know how much weight you've lost, how many CC's you have in your band (including your band size), and if you've had any problems. Please also share any tips or ideas for sticking to your band diet, staying on track, or healthy Snacks, etc.

I'll start: I've lost 88 pounds. I've been at a stand-still for a couple of months since I have been needing a fill but have been putting it off. I'm at 7.4CC in the 10CC AP Lapband and have a fill scheduled for 2 days from now. My biggest weaknesses are crunchy salty things (like chips), and icecream. Ever since the liquid diet, I can't get enough crunchy, salty stuff. I have to fight that, especially as I have little restriction now so I think about food a lot. Icecream is an evil since I live half a block from a Braum's and they have delicious icecream and I can eat a lot of it since the band doesn't restrict it much (still only eat about half of the amount of icecream compared to pre-band though) so I have to be careful with that as well.

I really wish I didn't have to deal with a doctor to get a fill. I hate going in since the doctor that does the fills only gives you a fill if you're eating 1 cup or more. If you're still under a cup, you keep losing until you reach a cup, and this is a pain since not losing is why I need a fill to begin with. It's really frustrating. I lose 2 to 2.5 pounds per week when I'm at half a cup per meal and I don't get hungry between meals. When I'm eating 1 cup per meal I'm hungry all the time, snack a ton, and don't lose weight and have to exercise non-stop to not gain. Very frustrating... :tt2: I'm currently walking 30min 5 days a week, cardio elliptical or biking twice a week for a hour, and resistance training twice per week focusing on muscle growth (to help boost metabolism). I really should be losing with all this exercise so I reaaaally need a fill. I can't stand not losing weight. I'm under my one-year goal by twentyish pounds. =(

So, please share your status with us including your current weight, fill, lapband size, and any problems or tips!

Edited by dustout

Wel I am down almost 70 lbs. Have not had a fill in months and have not been loosing either. I am very active ride my bike 65-70 miles a week but have just gotten into some old eating styles I eat way more than a cup at a sitting. I am going to make an appointment for a fill and try to drop 10 by x-mas.

Well, I have lost almost 50lbs and was banded on October 12th last year. I have lost 48lbs to be exact and have been at that loss for a few months now. I have 3.5 cc's and don't need a fill. It is tight enough - since many things still come up.

I miss coming on these forums and just am too busy to do it. But I do have a new problem - I think I have an ulcer. I have a lot of pain in my stomach - wonder if it could have eroded or something? Anyone else having any problems or potential problems? I don't even know what I would be looking for or feeling if I did have a problem.

Anyways that is where I am at. I suppose I will lose more as time goes on.. but I need to lay off the ice cream to do it. I notice that I tend to go for softer foods cuz they go down easier... I can usually only eat a bite or two of any meat before I am done so i eat the other stuff first - is that my problem?

Anyways... have a great one and I will check back in soon.

Amy

I had to have 1.1 cc's taken out of my 4 cc band. I have gained 2.5 pounds in 3 weeks. I have a swalow in the morning wish me well:thumbup: if all is well I will get a fill in Indy Tuesday!!! Surgery date 8/15/07

Edited by short1
spelling

Yesterday was my bandiversary and I am down 114 pounds! I have a 14cc band and I think I am at about 8ccs. I have not had any problems I guess ..other than a plateau here and there. I have about 24 pounds to go. I have a Tummy Tuck scheduled for Dec 17 ..hoping to lose at least 15 before that date. I have worked very hard to get here. I stick to the rules for the most part but have learned I can handle being a little more "normal" here and there ..including eating out, breads, sipping pop every now and then and having some ice cream every once in a while. I see my surgeon and the dieticians once a month and that certainly helps keep me accountable. I work out 5 days a week at least and I normally do an hour a day. I have gone from a 26/28 to a 10/12.

Susan

=n=n=n=n=n=

Mom To:

Hannah, Logan

Lance,

Hayden,

and the TWINkies

Mason & Morgan

=n=n=n=n=n=

weight.png

I am down 86 pounds since my surgery Oct 24, 2007. I feel great and am a totally diffirent person. I don't know how much I have in my band. It is a 10cc band and I thnk I have around 8cc. I have had fills and unfills, and right now I don't have enough restriction, but I am just dealing with that for now. For my bandiversary gift, I am having a Tummy Tuck, thigh lift and mons lift on Oct 24th. I can't wait. I have gone form a size 22 to size 10. I run 3 miles every other day, and do Something active every day. I have energy. I feel like I have a new elase on life. I love my band and my life. It's hard to believe how much things can change in 1 short year!!

I am down 141 pounds. I have the 14cc band and have 6cc's in it with 3 fills. I'm really bad at exercising, was better before a knee injury, but haven't gotten back into it. This has been a great year for me, no complications, and have had no problem following the guidelines. The only thing I now want is a tt, but with the economy how it is, I just can't justify it. Maybe next year.

Hi Everyone, Congratulations on each goal you have reached this past year. I have a 10cc band and just had a fill the 8th so I am now at 9cc and have lost 71lbs. I try not to compare myself to everyone else who has lost so much but it is hard. I feel so much better than I did a year ago and have so much more energy. I used to go to bed at 8 or 9 get up at 6:30 and still be tired and not have any energy oh yes, and have a nap in the afternoon when I get home from work. Now I go to bed at 10 or 11 and am back up by 5:30 or 6. I was hoping to have lost 80 lbs by now but I haven't so will just keep plugging along. Everyone says oohh you don't want to lose too much, are you sure you want to lose more. My response is I will know it when I hit it and I am not there yet. It is annoying to have people say these kinds of things and they are usually skinny people who don't have a clue:blush:

Anyway hang there fellow bandsters and keep up the good work.:crying:

Hi All,

I just had my one year anniversary on October 15th. I've lost 114 pounds so far and am steadily losing. When I went in for my last fill about 5 weeks ago I mentioned that for the first time since the surgery I was having acid reflux at night and the Dr. checked and saw the band was too tight so he removed .2cc's and that did the trick. That was the first time I had an unfill. I'm scheduled for my next adjustment on November 5th.

I'm off my insulin pump and am just on one shot a day of long acting insulin and the dosages are getting lower and lower all the time. My blood pressure meds have been cut by 2/3rds and I'm off the anti-cholesterol drugs. I have been able to lower the pressure on my CPAP by half.

So far everything has gone smoothly and I haven't had any real problems with PB or "sliming" or anything else like that other than a few early instances. I've learned to eat slow and chew my food really well. My family, who are all fast eaters now have to wait patiently for me at restaurants. It gives them time to actually engage in a conversation. lol.

My two weaknesses are sugar free Popsicle's and Fudsicle's that I snack on in the evning while watching TV or reading and Taco bell crunchy tacos (the regular ones without the sour cream. thank god). I need my once or twice a week "fix" of two crunchy taco's. I justify it by the amount of Protein and veggies :biggrin:. The drive thru staff must think I am the strangest guy for only ordering two tacos. They always act surprised like I should be ordering 4 tacos, a burrito and an enchiritio which is what I would order before my surgery.

I want to eventually do some kind of Tummy Tuck but I doubt my insurance would cover it and I can't afford any extra expenses. It'll just have to wait. I've joined a gym and am working out on the treadmill and some cardio. I won a teeth whitening prize form a dentist the other day so I will use that (about $550 worth) to look a bit better (although I do have good teeth).

The next step is going out more and trying to meet a woman. This might be harder than the surgery. :wub:

Well unlike all of you HEROS I totally SUCK!! Today is my one year anniv. and I have lost only 20 lbs. I am still a big FATASS and feel like POOP!!!! I started back on my Lantus and Humalog insulins which now I feel are really making me bloated!! I can't eat salads because I get so much gas and pains in my stomach!! Yes, I know I am just so depressing but it's the truth. I hate this damn lap band because it really hasn't done much for me at all. I try and think of the positive like the fact that I have lost 20 pounds but believe me I am not motivated at all!!!!! I wish now that I would have just gotten the damn gastric bypass but with my luck I probably would be in the same situation. Anyways....I am happy for you loosers keep on loosing....

HI ALL!!!

WELL OCTOBER 16TH WAS MY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY, I HAVE LOST 122LBS, I HAVE 3 1/2 CC'S IN A 10 CC BAND. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEMS EXCEPT THE NORMAL GETTING STUCK WHEN I EAT TO FAST OR I AM STRESSED. I AM AT A GOOD RESTRICTION NOW, I EAT MORE OF SOME FOODS AND LESS OF OTHERS DEPENDING ON THE food. I WOULD LIKE TO GET RID OF ANOTHER 38 POUNDS, BUT I AM NO VERY GOOD IN THE EXERCISING AREA. WELL ACTUALLY I NOT AT ALL:thumbdown:. WELL HOPEFULLY I WILL IMPROVE THAT SOON!! I AM STILL LOSING BUT IT IS SLOWER, WOULD BE FASTER IF I EXERCISED NO DOUBLE:embaressed_smile: WELL CONGRATS TO ALL YOU OCT 07 BANDSTERS WE ARE ALL DOING GREAT JOBS!!!!!

Hi everyone!

I am close to 70 lbs lost and VERY happy!

I recently had to get a complete unfill (about 6 weeks ago). My band was too tight which caused a pouch dialation, and I was PB'ing everything. I had my band unfilled for 4 very long weeks, and have had 2 small fills since.

I am now at 4.8 in a 10cc band. I think 5cc's is actually my 'sweet spot', but, I don't want to risk a slip. I'll keep it right here for a little while :w00t:

I wanted to lose 100 lbs total, and will keep plugging along till I get there. I have gained a few back since the unfill, but, will work to get them off again.

I do run quite a bit, and I think the exercise helps ALOT!

Congrats to all of us - wow, this year flew by!

My bandiversary was October 29th. I've lost 50 lbs as of that day. I have a 10 ml/cc band and had a total of 6 mls when all of a sudden I had many many episode of reflux when I went to sleep at night. It was so bad that I would get it even if I sat straight up in a chair with my head propped up. My doc took out 1.5 ml's today, she says she wants me to be able to eat normally for a while and then she'll slowly start filling again. To be honest, it was a great day. I could eat, I could drink and I didn't hurt or spew. Here's to hoping that I can sleep tonight without being woken up with acid coming up my throat. I'm scared of gaining weight. I'm going to continue to watch portions and make the better choices and keep exercising regularly. It is a process and I guess I'm processing! Congratulations to all.