Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Status - How much lost? How many CC's? Problems?

Hi Every one,

Wow reading all your successes is sooo inspiring.

I have not posted in a long time, I had my bandiversary on 1st October, Had a huge plateau for about 5 months because I had no restriction, But when i saw a different Dr in my surgery he said that it was their fault for not keeping on top of it. I was crying and said I felt like a failure. He put in 4 cc and now I have a total of 8.8

cc in a 14cc band. Guess what I started losing again!!! Hip hip:thumbup: hooray!!

i have now lost 27kg which is 59.4 pounds and am starting to feel really good about myself.

It has taken such a huge loss for people to start noticing. And boy does it feel good when they do!

:rolleyes:

I am going for another fill on 4th December as I am starting to lose restriction again.

-

Best reward - I went on holidays and wore clothes that I would not normally dream of - (I still have 30 kgs to go but my acheivement so far meant that I did not have to dress as a 60yo and I felt soo much better about myself. hubby loves new me too- so does my 10 yo daughter.) Previously i would reward my self with food - not any more-

Good luck October '07 Bandsters and well done to us all whether we have lost 10 pounds or 110, Life can only get better xxx

Edited by successforme

Hi everyone, I was banded in 10/07 ...I am currently at 7.4 cc's...after number fills and unfills... I may be at the right spot finally. I am down about 85 pds...or so...I too still enjoy pie/ice cream...when I am stressed especially. ... I have about 55pds more to go...to get where I need to go... I do walk a minimum of 1 mile 4-5 days a week...and do weight training... Good luck and glad to hear everyone is doing so well..congrats..:smile2:

Hi everyone!

I am close to 70 lbs lost and VERY happy!

I recently had to get a complete unfill (about 6 weeks ago). My band was too tight which caused a pouch dialation, and I was PB'ing everything. I had my band unfilled for 4 very long weeks, and have had 2 small fills since.

I am now at 4.8 in a 10cc band. I think 5cc's is actually my 'sweet spot', but, I don't want to risk a slip. I'll keep it right here for a little while :cool2:

I wanted to lose 100 lbs total, and will keep plugging along till I get there. I have gained a few back since the unfill, but, will work to get them off again.

I do run quite a bit, and I think the exercise helps ALOT!

Congrats to all of us - wow, this year flew by!

I was down 118.5#, banded Oct. 07, then a couple weeks again had to have a total unfill due to possible swelling from regurging a piece of food previously. I had only 2.3 cc in my band at unfill time. Not sure of band size. Now have gained about 10#! Will get a fill Dec. 3. Doc wanted to let my band and throat rest a bit. The weight had come off very easy so I am hoping with my fill that I can get a little more weight off. I want to get to about 170# or so. I am tall and previously weighed 291.5#. I have no restriction and do not get full, my old eating habits came back, it is hard to change lifelong habits!

Haven't been on this forum for about two months, and am glad to be back! I have currently lost 54 pounds. (started at 233, am currently 179) Even more exciting was that my personal trainer redid my body composition test. My body fat percentage went from 47% (OMG It's hard to even write that - darn near half fat!!!) to....drumroll...26%!!!!! Yeah!!! My trainer says I should try to get to about 21%. Not too far to go! It also showed that I gained 20 pounds of muscle! So it's basically like I have lost 73 pounds- because muscle weighs more than fat. Working out has really made a difference for me (even though I hate it with everything that is in me!) I am very firm and have little sagging. I'm enjoying reading all the posts of other October '07 bandsters! Keep up the good work, ladies!

Hi All!

I haven't been on here in EONS, but I thought I would post my stats.

I'm down 124 pounds since the start of my preop diet, down 107 since surgery. I made my goal of a 'normal' bmi and have been holding steady at that since August. I'd like to lose a few more, but I'm not real worrried about it.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone!:biggrin:

My bandiversary was October 29th. I've lost 50 lbs as of that day. I have a 10 ml/cc band and had a total of 6 mls when all of a sudden I had many many episode of reflux when I went to sleep at night. It was so bad that I would get it even if I sat straight up in a chair with my head propped up. My doc took out 1.5 ml's today, she says she wants me to be able to eat normally for a while and then she'll slowly start filling again. To be honest, it was a great day. I could eat, I could drink and I didn't hurt or spew. Here's to hoping that I can sleep tonight without being woken up with acid coming up my throat. I'm scared of gaining weight. I'm going to continue to watch portions and make the better choices and keep exercising regularly. It is a process and I guess I'm processing! Congratulations to all.

I've experienced acid reflux only once when I went to bed Thanksgiving night. It was all because I had one bite of stuffing right before bed and in the lying down position, it couldn't or didn't go down. Since that episode, I don't even have a bite of anything within 1 hour of going to bed and haven't experienced it since.

hi I had surgery done oct 8 2007 I have 3.0 cc in my 10cc band and have lost 140lbs. I feel great! Totally diffrent person. I have not had to many problems with the band the only one has been getting to the sweet spot dr.said since i hardly have any in my band and im past my goal weight its hard to adjust me i had 3.3 in and it was just a little two tight after a week or so so he took out .3 of it now im good even though i want .1cc back in but its hard to just get .1 in I love my band more than i love food now lol

Wow, everyone is doing so well! I also have not been on for a very long time. Have lost 96.4 pounds. Went from a size 22 to a size 6. But my goal is 100 pounds and I can't seem to get there. Starting to yo yo!