Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bad eating day

Bad is such an ugly word. You clearly made some "poor" food choices today, but "bad" is way too harsh. We all have these days and certainly understand. Some of us make poorer choices than we are supposed to but you can change the way you think about it instead of beating yourself up, k?

Today you made some poor choices, but it is nothing compared to the excellent choice that you made to choose a tool to help you get through it. Think about how this kind of eating used to be your regular eating. Chalk today up to experience...and smile!

Girl, you're only human! Focus on the positive, with the band I'm sure you didn't eat as much as you would have pre-band.

I know for me, part of my problem is that my expectations from myself are too high. I have to give myself permission to make mistakes and then reflect so I can learn from them. This is a new way of life, it's going to take us a while to find a good eating plan/routine that's going to work for us. Congratulations on your honesty and the ability to recognize that eating sweets should not be an every day habit!

Think of it this way, before you would have eaten that today without a second thought, and eaten similar things tomorrow and the next day. You are still way ahead, enjoy your treats once in a while and be proud of the changes you've made :crying:

Generally Friday's and Saturdays, after my Friday morning weigh in, tend to be my bad eating days. The days I eat more and eat more of the unhealthier foods. Reguardless of how "bad" I eat I have to reming myself that I am not eating the same large amounts of the "bad" food that I was months ago. I love this band. It helps me control my eating so I can lose weight without feeling like I am on a diet. I always hated feeling like I was starving myself.

Today I had everything from pizza to ice cream. I figure everything in moderation. Even skinny people eat pizza and ice cream so why not us? I did some walking today and tomorrow I'll hit the gym. As long as I am not over eating (which is impossible now) and I am losing weight, then I deserve a "bad" day now and then. We all do!

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better today. I do set the bar pretty high for myself, and I don't like the way I feel when I eat junk. Of course, that doesn't stop me from eating it...

Anyway, I'm working it out today, moving on.

We all will have set backs and make poor choices, we are human. Don't get down, just make a better choice the next time. My guess is that you did not eat as much as you would have pre-band, so that is a positive.

Recognize your successes and learn from your poor choices and move past it!