Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK... it's October now, what's happening?

Chickie~ Your description of how you're feeling right now is how I felt the week before my first fill (at 4 weeks). I think it is a sign that it's time for a fill...

That is how I feel right now. My problem is, I don't think my doctor is going to give me much of a fill. That means another month of starving. How did you handle it? Or did your doctor give you enough fill the first go round to stop the feeling of starvation?

My nurse coordinator emailed me back and told me to stay strong and that based on what I said, it sounds like I need a fill and will get one next week!! (4 weeks post op vs. 6 weeks.) Makes me feel much, much better!

Her advice was that if I was really struggling, to just make very wise choices and continue to do what I'm doing. (don't pig out on chips, etc.)

I hope and pray that the fill will come next week. I want it so bad, I emailed her back to verify that is exactly what she meant!! :)

I plan on starting back at the gym tommorow or by the end of the week. Yay!

I wonder if you tell the doctor just how much you are struggling with hunger, if they will give more fill on the first go round than they normally do? I have spoken to another poster who is also going to my doctor. She said that he didn't give much fill on the first go round. I really don't want to get a fill only to still be as hungry as I am right now. That would really suck eggs.< /p>

I'm struggling now with the I wanna munch syndrome. But fighting it. I have no chance of a fill before November 4th. That will be a horribly long day. But I'll make sure I'm there. Surgeon's office for a fill, then home to get my son from grammy's and then back to the surgeon's offices for support group. And I'm bringing the clothing exchange buckets. :) (i took over that in september, just before my surgery).

teri

I'm struggling now with the I wanna munch syndrome. But fighting it. I have no chance of a fill before November 4th. That will be a horribly long day. But I'll make sure I'm there. Surgeon's office for a fill, then home to get my son from grammy's and then back to the surgeon's offices for support group. And I'm bringing the clothing exchange buckets. :) (i took over that in september, just before my surgery).

teri

I'm sure I missed it somewhere. How is your baby doing?

It's totally weird. Yesterday, I feel like I ate everything in sight, but today, I didn't eat much today, so I think it balances out. I could kill my surgeon for going on vacation early and pushing my fill back a week ... ahh well.

Hi Gang-

I am excitedly and nervously awaiting my first fill on Monday. I hope it does not hurt too much ( I am a wussy). I also it starts helping me to feel full ASAP. I am eating 4-6 oz per meal, however, I still feel hungry. The hunger was a lot worse the first few weeks. You somewhat adjust. Hang in there. I will too. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Tina

lap-band 9/18/08

fisrt fill 10/21/08

weight loss so far 25.8lbs

Hi Pandagirl

We are in the same boat. I lost my band on February 28, 2008 and am starting over again.

I initially lost 68 but put back on about 35.

I have the larger 14cc band and am having my first fill on October 30.

I have no restriction whatsoever, but I know if I am patient it will come.

But I have learned my lesson and will take this journey slow, I will respect my band, because I never want to lose it again.

I got in a bad p?bing episode and broke my stitches and my lower stomach

got caught up in my band. But the doctors were able to cut it off and the blood circulated back through, so no permanent damage. What about you?

HI,

I was banded 9-23, first 3cc fill 10-3. second fill scheduled for Monday. Oh yeah I have lost 27 lbs. since my surgury. I did not lose anything before surgury

I absolutely love my Dr. I have been totally honest and upfront with him. When I was supposed to be on Clear liquids for one week post op...yeah forget that....I told him at five days post op I went to full liquids and plan on going to mushies three days after that. He understood, just told me to take it easy on the food and go to the gym. I think because I was honest with him I was able to get a large fill shortly after my surgury.

I can eat anything right now--had filet mignon last night with asperagus and rice. I just cant eat the whole thing, I divide everything in 25%. I also drink 60 oz of Water a day....yuch, but getting used to it. I find it easier to carry a bottle of Water with me at all times, even leave a case of water in the trunk of my car so it is ALWAYS there. I do crave sweets sometimes but I found a way to trick my body. Again it is mind over matter. If i want ice cream I make a Jay Robb chocolate Protein powder, 2% milk, and a frozen bananna or strawberries or both. It is as good as a milkshake. If I am in a rush and want something sweet I will have some nantucket nectar orange mango drink...or if desperate will have a few sips of sunny d peach orange drink. That is really sweet, but satisfying....for now. We will see how it continues to work. I also found a great cook book that breaks everything down to carbs, Protein etc...I cook one day a week, double the receipe and freeze. That way I am able to say I AM STARVING what can I eat that is good for me. I go to the freezer and I have cream of broccoli Soup, turkey bean chili, fratattas, black eye Beans with carrots. (I use my blender alot to make carrotts grit sized) cheddar onion grits. Have to shop today so I can make bananna bread and zucchini bread...by the time the week is over I have enough left so I can make new recipies and add to the old so I dont get tired of the same ol thing. I also found a wonderful way to "measure" what I am eating as well as a cool way to store. I make everything then when it is finished I ladel it into cupcake tins with liners, then freeze . It is a snap, I can pick up heat and eat on the run. As we all know this is a journey and we all need to see what works for us but it helps to have support.:w00t:

I had my first PB today.:biggrin: That is really not a nice feeling. I am not sure if I missed my "don't eat another bite" que, or if the bite I ate was too big. Heck, I may have even not chewed it enough. I do know that the bite was just sitting there. It would not budge.:biggrin: I could feel this awful feeling in my throat. I made it to the bathroom just in time (I know, TMI:tongue_smilie:). Once that food in my throat came up, I was fine. I didn't feel nauseated or anything. I didn't feel overly full. It just would not budge. I do not want to repeat that feeling ever again.

Hi guys-

I had my first 4cc fill yesterday. I think it will get easier each time. I was a little more freaked out by the unknown and the rather large needle.

Today I feel like I got kicked in the stomach ( sore and a little nauseous). I am on liquid to soft for 48 hours. Doc said I probably would not get a full feeling (restriction) until back on solids.

I will let you know.

I so hope it works.

Tina

*Good news*

Have lost over 26 pounds since starting the program.

Have lost 5 inches around waist without a single sit-up.

*bad news*

Now I have to start doing sit-ups. BOO!HOO!

hey guys, i lost all my weight on the liquid diet, so they told me i probably would not lose much after surgery for a while, and i have not lost the 1st pound since surgery....

i am struggling with eating slow enough...they want me to eat every ounce over 15 minutes, and i am struggling with that...did everyone else have to do 1 oz over 15 minutes?

hey guys, i lost all my weight on the liquid diet, so they told me i probably would not lose much after surgery for a while, and i have not lost the 1st pound since surgery....

i am struggling with eating slow enough...they want me to eat every ounce over 15 minutes, and i am struggling with that...did everyone else have to do 1 oz over 15 minutes?

My nutritionist's office said to do that, but my doctor didn't. My doctor told me to just drink Water all day and to only eat when I was hungry. I think that would be tough for me too. Just take your time. I will say don't be discouraged about not losing anything so far. I have being so discouraged about that but didn't realize that I was losing inches in places. The weight loss on the liquid diet is really just the solid food from your colon and Water weight. So after surgery, when you get to more solid food, you are actually losing real weight, but because you are also refilling your colon, you can't see it (that's how it was explained to me somewhere else). You are doing doing great nayray! Just keep taking slow, and keep following your doctor's orders. Oh yeah, I love the smashing samurai in your sig!

i really didn't try very hard today...i increased my ounces and ate faster...have to get back in control:scared2:...i am not really that hungry yet, i think it's all in my head, it's just so hard for me to imagine that i don't want more than 4 oz. YET....

oh and thanks for the comment on the banner...i figured this way i could still be a samurai but acknowledge my october surgery... :smile:

i have been lifting a dumbell and walking aroud the house, but tomorow, it's time to get on the treadmill...i dunno if it's too soon, but i am just gonna take it slow and do what i can do...

i have not taken any of my meds since the surgery...my sugar is decent, and my blood pressure is actually scary low, like 79/60...and i have been on BP meds for years...but the one pill i have to get back in me is my wellbutrin, startin to get really moody....

question.:pray2:..have any of yall experienced shortness of breath when trying to lie down...i get really SOB and have to prop up at times...

question:confused:...do any of yall have these, what i call esophageal spasms? i don't have to be eating or drinking but i get these spasms upper chest...it's not so bad i can't stand it, but not pleasant either....

ok, i will hush for a while...:grouphug: yall hang in there...i am trying to catch up...:laugh:

hey slim...you can never give TMI...hehe...:tt2:when you had your p'bing episode...was it like i have heard...slimy? or just stuck...? did it hurt? or just uncomfy? it worries me a little that there wasn't really a warning leading up to it, just a hello, here i am kinda think, ya know?