Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK... it's October now, what's happening?

We're mostly all banded... Nayray is coming up soon. How is everyone doing? When is your first fill? (or in the case of a few here, next?) How's the weight loss going? What about the food stages we're in?

I'm doing ok. I've pulled some muscles in my upper abdomin/lower ribcage. Time will heal it, until then it'll be slow going. I've been approved for low impact exercise. I'm down a total of 12 pounds since my surgery, and only have 4 more days of mushies, and I get to slowly start a real food diet. I'm both excited, and dreading it. Not sure I'm ready to handle "freedom" of choice. I'm afraid i'll try to eat to much, and get stuck, or damage my band. Oh and my first fill is currently scheduled for November 4th. Second for December 3rd.

Teri

Im am doing great... Lost 10 lbs on Pre op diet and have lost 20 since Surgery. For a total of 30 lbs gone for good... I had my first fill on Tuesday and got 3cc and had 1cc from surgery for a total of 4 cc in a 10 cc band. I am not hungry at all. I could live like this for the rest of my live. I know it will not last but it is good for now. I hope everyone is doing great and having great weight loss!!!

Well ... I m feeling great ... today i finish my mushie stage and go to solid food ... Scared from eating but I will try on soft solids ... I have lost almost 22pounds ( 10 Kg) since banding ... no pre- op diet ... still need to lose few more before exercising ... Since i m traveling extensively next week ,,, I opted to do my first fill on the 2nd week of October ... not sure how wise is that and whether i ll be a good girl while traveling ...

Well, I feel like a failure already. I lost weight during the pre-op diet, but haven't lost a thing since (except for the 5 pounds that I came out of surgery with). I know that I am supposed to be concentrating on healing, but I still would have loved to have lost at least a few pounds. This sucks. Ok, pity party over. For now anyway. ;-)

I am scheduled for my first fill on October 23rd. I am scared of that because I go back to work the next day.

Edited by *slim*
added fill date

I am like you slim. I lost some weight the few days after surgery, and since then nothing. I try not to focus too much on what others have lost, or I might get a little discouraged. I think since you and I have trouble with all the liquids and me not eating is why our weight loss is slower. I see some people eating 800 plus calories and I wonder how in the world could you consume that much?? I just don't have it in me right now. I am sure my body and metabolism are freaked out! Keep your spirits up I am here for you! Tamara

I am like you slim. I lost some weight the few days after surgery, and since then nothing. I try not to focus too much on what others have lost, or I might get a little discouraged. I think since you and I have trouble with all the liquids and me not eating is why our weight loss is slower. I see some people eating 800 plus calories and I wonder how in the world could you consume that much?? I just don't have it in me right now. I am sure my body and metabolism are freaked out! Keep your spirits up I am here for you! Tamara

I have to be truthful and say that makes me feel a lot better knowing that I am not alone. I have been tracking my calories. I have struggled to get 600 calories. Today I got to 850 calories, but now I feel awful. I am floating. :crying:

I am here floating with you! It seems today was quite a rough one as far as the food goes. I tried to get more food in today and I feel worse than days I don't get in near as much. Maybe my body is just not ready yet. I think that when I can get in more calories the weight will come off. Patience is a virtue! Just remember we have been banded less than two weeks!! It feels like longer because we are home and restricted somewhat as to activity. I am going to go to a support meeting next week and see what the rest of the bandsters are going through. Keeping the hope alive. Tamara

There are days I can get near 750, but i still average around 600 calories a day. I've only lost 3 pounds in the last week. I hoped for more. That said. Have you taken pre op measurements? Why do I ask? Because I've lost about 6 inches total this last week. My face, my tummy and my hips are all showing it. I've actually had people ask me what I'm doing to loose weight. Oh I walk major amounts, and watch what I'm eating now. :tongue2: They don't need to know, if #1 they didn't care to remember I had a lapband placed or #2, I just don't want them to know.

Teri

There are days I can get near 750, but i still average around 600 calories a day. I've only lost 3 pounds in the last week. I hoped for more. That said. Have you taken pre op measurements? Why do I ask? Because I've lost about 6 inches total this last week. My face, my tummy and my hips are all showing it. I've actually had people ask me what I'm doing to loose weight. Oh I walk major amounts, and watch what I'm eating now. :tongue2: They don't need to know, if #1 they didn't care to remember I had a lapband placed or #2, I just don't want them to know.

Teri

I didn't measure myself before surgery. I was kind of expecting my doctor's office to do something day of surgery. Of course, it didn't happen (they didn't even weigh me before surgery). I don't have the right type of tape measure here at home. I may need to make a trip to the store to get one. That would be encouraging to see that I am losing inches when the scale doesn't move. Thanks for the idea and pep talk Teri.

Valerie

My surgery was a month ago, and even in this short amount of time, I feel like I'm getting my life back. Right now, my goal is to regain my stamina. I'm walking/jogging faster than I've been able to in years. I'm on our elliptical everyday, for at least 40 mins. Pre-surgery, 30 mins three times a week was such a struggle. Now, I feel like I have a new lease on life. I haven't gone down a size yet, but my slacks are all baggy, and baggy feels so much better than skin tight. I'm very optimistic about my future weight loss, but right now, I'm basking in my new found level of energy.

I'm very optimistic about my future weight loss, but right now, I'm basking in my new found level of energy.

That is so good. I really hope that I can feel that way soon.

That is so good. I really hope that I can feel that way soon.

Give it a little more time, you've just had your surgery. Once you can start some light cardio, it's amazing what losing weight does for your endurance. Someone just took a 20 lb weight off my back. :tongue2:

It does take some time to heal from the surgery, before you start feeling yourself again.

Slim:you just had surgery a week ago. Give it time. I get frustrated as well, I really do but I just focus on something else. My biggest fear is that I am going to slip into the old habits of overeating because I don't have restriction. But I look at it this way: I don't eat half the crap that I use to eat almost 4 weeks ago! OMG! I use to eat like a dog. Now, I try to make better choices and my intake is smaller.

The thought of eating certain thinks makes me sick. I can't imagine biting a hamburger! Does anyone else feel like that?

I am holding on until my first fill on OCT 22.

Hi everyone-

I was banded 9/18/08. I am doing ok right now. I had a huge battle with head hunger the first week. I lost 10 pounds on the one week liquid pre-op and 8 more pounds since the surgery. Comparing my old eating amounts to my new eating amounts, I should be thin by now. LOL! I am finally feeling mostly normal, just a little low-energy. I get my 1st fill Oct 20th. I hope it makes a difference.

Take care of yourselves-

Tina