Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

Greetings Holiday Hotties!

That appears to be the chosen name. I've just finished reading through all 13 pages of this thread and was excited to see a couple of fellow December 11th bandsters on page 12. This is my first post. I started my journey in March and had several tentative dates, only to have hold-ups. Now that I've pre-registered, signed my consent, had my nutrition classes, gotten the final "go ahead" by the internist, etc. I feel confident the December 11th date is final. Woo hoo!

Mind if I join the group?

Welcome Veronica72:seeya:. We are happy you joined us. This thread is full of people with wonderful advice....and the best thing is, we are all being banded in Dec. We truly will be "Holiday Hotties" some day soon:wink_smile:

Thanks Babyfever. This seems like a great bunch from what I've been reading.

I took my "before picture" this morning. I start my 2-week liquid diet tomorrow. I plan on taking another before picture right before I leave for the hospital on the day of my surgery. I've been avoiding pictures the last few years. Wow! Do I need this surgery! What a motivator to make it through the pre-diet.

Thanks Babyfever. This seems like a great bunch from what I've been reading.

I took my "before picture" this morning. I start my 2-week liquid diet tomorrow. I plan on taking another before picture right before I leave for the hospital on the day of my surgery. I've been avoiding pictures the last few years. Wow! Do I need this surgery! What a motivator to make it through the pre-diet.

Hi I'm in day 3 of my 2 week liquid diet,and i must say its not that bad.5 Protein Shakes a day and all the sf jell-o and broth i want :drool:oh! and lets not forget the sf Popsicles.It feel go,to fast You can feel the fat coming off,does that make sense?I woke up yesterday and felt like i lost 5lbs over night and another 5 lbs to day IT FEELS GOOD. My surgery is set for December the 8th if all goes well with my insurance. good luck on your 2 week fast Happy Thanksgiving to all Kerry

I started my two week pre-op Liquid Protein diet today. I came to the forum to look for some support. I've been a lurker on these boards since I decided to go for the surgery back in March. My surgery date is December 10th and I'm nervous and excited. I also had a lot of "last meals". I tried to fit in all my favorites and not gaining weight. Haha:lol:

My Dr. prescribed Optifast. He had 4 varieties-chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and Tomato Soup. The Tomato Soup is pretty good. The other three taste like Slim Fast and I don't care for Slim Fast. Since I paid a small fortune for it though, I will tough it out. It's only the first day on the Protein Drinks and already I'm craving things like popcorn, hamburger, and mac n cheese. Actually anything that I could chew sounds awefully appetizing at the moment. Gosh, this is tough.

I like all the creative group names that everyone's come up with. It's helpful reading through these posts knowing others are at the same point in their journey. I hope everyone has a lovely and happy Thanksgiving.

Well one week from today and I will be banded! My date is December 4th and I am on full liquids, (what a thanksgiving day that was), and I could use some comforting words! This is hard to do, the best part is that in one week I have already lost 7 lbs, and that means only 94 left to go!!!! Nice to meet you.

I look forward to shrinkin with ya'll!

Danielle:thumbup:

Hi All,

I too have been reading forums for a while but didnt feel i had much to say. I could spend hours reading about other people's experiences. My date is December 8th. I live in Ireland so I am thankful we dont have thanksgiving as this pre-op diet is tough enough without everyone around me eating.

I am quite nervous about the surgery but am excited about the potential results. I have tried everything!!

Before i started my pre-op diet, i put on about 2 stone eating all my favourite foods that i might not be able to eat afterwards etc. 5 days into the diet and i have lost about 7lbs.

My goals are to lose over 100 pounds, to buy clothes in a "thin" shop and to have a baby.

Is anyone else set for December 8th or have similar goals? it would be nice to have a lapband buddy for the year ahead.

Happy Holidays xxx

PS I set up a ticker but dont know how to show it?!

Welcome to all the new posters! I'm glad you are no longer lurking! and decided to join us. We have lots of company being banded in December and it will be great to share our experiences in the next months as we reach our individual goals. Danielle, my date is Dec 4th, too, at St. Francis Hospital in Topeka KS. I had my pre-op labs at the hospital on Wednesday and at this point I am impressed with them. I hope to be as impressed next week at this time! I have been very happy with my surgeon, Dr. Bernita Berntsen, and her staff. They are very responsive, and claim I have not asked a dumb question yet. I think they tell everybody that!

I only had to do a week of pre-op diet, so today is my first day. So far I'm not starving. I do think it will be hard the first couple of days, but will get easier. It will help to see some pounds go away, esp since I know they are gone forever!

The journey has begun!

hi all,

im kind of having a bad day, yesterday i did enjoy thanksgiving and didn't overeat or any thing. said i was gonna be done with it and get back on track today yet, i eat a cup of dressing and 2 bites of one slice of ham. i felt so low that i went the the gym and worked out for 2hrs. now im here and saying to my self if i cant stick to a diet now, how am i gone do it later. just wondering if anyone else has fallen of the band wagon since they started the journey for the band. i go for my surgery on 12-15-08. and i still need to loose 8lbs. yet, i go for my final weigh in on 12-08 and i feel so scared. feel like im loosing it. could really use some great words right now anyone have any coments.

Hi there

My name is stacey and i have just had my surgery date it will december 29 i am so looking forward to starting the new year as i mean to go on new year new me

hi all,

im kind of having a bad day, yesterday i did enjoy thanksgiving and didn't overeat or any thing. said i was gonna be done with it and get back on track today yet, i eat a cup of dressing and 2 bites of one slice of ham. i felt so low that i went the the gym and worked out for 2hrs. now im here and saying to my self if i cant stick to a diet now, how am i gone do it later. just wondering if anyone else has fallen of the band wagon since they started the journey for the band. i go for my surgery on 12-15-08. and i still need to loose 8lbs. yet, i go for my final weigh in on 12-08 and i feel so scared. feel like im loosing it. could really use some great words right now anyone have any coments.

You can do this! Take it on day at a time. Heck, take it one hour at a time. Tomorrow will be a better day. We all slip up every once in a while. Don't give up on yourself!

I started my liquid diet on Wednesday. Let me tell you, it's been no picnic. I've come so close to validating eating a bite of this or a bite of that. I've been staying on track by thinking about how long it's taken me to get to this point (9 months since I decided to have surgery, 7 months since the initial mandatory seminar). If I have a slice of pie, will that put me over the weight I need to be for surgery? If I give in to my craving and pick up some McDs french fries, will it be worth it on surgery day when my liver is too large and instead of 2 small 1/2 inch incisions, I end up with a long 5 inch one? Do I want my surgeon to tell me my surgery is cancelled because I've gained weight? Heck no! I want this too badly.

When I start feeling weak, I take a deep breath and I think of all the reasons I'm doing this. There are so many. Health reasons first and foremost. I want to be able to keep up with my slim and trim husband. I want to fit in some skinny jeans. I want a better shot at living to 100. I wanna run a mile for the first time in my life. I have so many reasons for having the surgery and everytime I feel weak, I remind myself of them. I'm sure you have many goals and reasons you are doing this too.

I know you can lose that last 8 pounds. Look how much you've lost already! You've come so far. So congratulations on your hard work to date. Try looking at some of the before and after pictures posted by others on the message board. They are a great motivator for me. Good luck and God bless you. :blush:

I have been given a date of Dec. 8, 2008. I will report to the hospital sometime in the afternoon so they can let me loose the next day. I am getting very nervous about what I am about to go through. I have the biggest and best support of my wife. I am going to start eating more whey Protein and shakes off of the forum on shakes. So here's too the december Hotties and our new way of life.

thank you so much for that i really needed that. i have brushed my shoulders off and moved on as there is nothing i can do as its already done. so i have to move forward and get back on the horse and keep it moving.

its good to have others going through it too. i to want to wear the skinny jeans, but, most of all i want to be around for me and my family. i want the band for me. a better life. im working on getting the mind frame of eating to live rather than living to eat as this is how i got fat.

so thank you for not letting me drop the ball. on my way back to the gym for an hr. went earlier for 2hrs and i felt so good when i left that im going back for more. i feel so good since i go to the gym now. before i use to always feel tired. now i have way more energy. does anybody else workout.

and has anyone tried the southbeach workout tape?

hi all,

I'm kind of having a bad day, yesterday i did enjoy thanksgiving and didn't overeat or any thing. said i was gonna be done with it and get back on track today yet, i eat a cup of dressing and 2 bites of one slice of ham. i felt so low that i went the the gym and worked out for 2hrs. now I'm here and saying to my self if i cant stick to a diet now, how am i gone do it later. just wondering if anyone else has fallen of the band wagon since they started the journey for the band. i go for my surgery on 12-15-08. and i still need to loose 8lbs. yet, i go for my final weigh in on 12-08 and i feel so scared. feel like I'm loosing it. could really use some great words right now anyone have any coments.

Hi china, I do no what your going threw.I was also told to lose weight before surgery so far i only had ,as of Tuesday 5lbs to go and i know i will make it because I Want my surgery to go as safe as I can make it So my 25lbs are gone forever and 5 to go.What i did to lose 25lbs in 1 month,and i must add that as of the last 3 years i lose very slow and gain very FAST:mad:But i started with drinking a Protein Shakes,the ones i use are 110 cal,and 17 g of protein.I started with my lunch meal,because i live in a cold state ,and i like hot oatmeal,and i was not in any hurry to give up my cold Cereal either,so much for cold state and warm breakfast:laugh:Any way i did a, shake a day for 2 weeks an i hit the gym at least 5 times a week .I was so surprised how fast the weight was coming off.And after those 2 weeks ,i went to 2 shakes,yes,i gave up my breakfast:glare:Now I'm doing my 2 week fast before surgery,and only get shakes, broth diet jell-o and Popsicles.My surgery is set for December 8th if all goes well with my insurance,still waiting for there ok???????Also the reason i had to lose 30lbs,was because my Dr. will not do lap-bands on anyone with a bmi over 50,so you see i had no chose but to lose it.and best of all it will make the surgery safer.So keep up your good weight lost,and try the shakes,I'm glad it did . Kerry

:blush:

Hi Girls; Me too, DEC 9. Let's see Carol, MommyJD and Vickie. Anybody else on the 9th? I need tranquilizers. I'm having problems sleeping because of the excitment. Yes we're suppose to be on a diet but I keep baking and eating. I guess because I know this is coming up--I don't know. I hope this really works and I will get in control of my health.

Hi Vickie!! I'm ummm...Vickie too!! :)