Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a December Date?

My date is set for dec 12 and I can't wait. As for the name I like Slender Snowflakes, Merry Minis, and Holiday Hotties the best.

My date is set for dec 12 and I can't wait. As for the name I like Slender Snowflakes, Merry Minis, and Holiday Hotties the best.

Congrats on your date! Im Dec 10th! We kinda have the same stats! My highest weight recorded was 325. Now im in the 280's.

Welcome Jecca and Auggies! and welcome back to all...

I'm not feeling the nerves yet - pretty sure I will, though, as Dec 4th draws near. The day I went in for my consultation with the surgeon I was very surprised to find I was actually nervous. It seemed a little strange to finally be meeting with this person after all the preparation, testing, researching, etc., - and all of a sudden be nervous! I think it is just the realization that it's finally happening. 31 days for Nina and me!

Note to all - check with your doctor's office about flu shot. I read in a post on another thread that one of the docs did not want his patient to have a flu shot within 2 weeks of surgery. I checked with my coordinator today, and she said that's what my doctor recommends, too. I am getting mine this week. I've never had a reaction to a flu shot, but there is always that chance and I don't want that to interfere with the great recovery I am planning.

It sounds like Merry Minis is rising to the top of the list with several people. I like it, too. Any other thoughts?

Keep good thoughts! We are all STARS!!!

Congrats on your date! Im Dec 10th! We kinda have the same stats! My highest weight recorded was 325. Now im in the 280's.

Congrats on your date too!!!!!

Hey Everyone!

I must weigh in on the flu shot discussion. My seven year old son (who I homeschool) and I got our flu shots last Wednesday. I wasn't planning on getting one but there was a nurse at my husbands office giving shots and we happened to stop in to see DH for a minute. DH of course didn't get one as he never does. My son who has asthma issues got one and I who will be banded December 10th (yippie!) didn't want to get sick and not be able to have surgery.. or worse yet get into a situation where I was throwing up right after getting the band.

Well, I don't know if it is coincidence or not but the very next day, just about 24 hours later, I started feeling like crap. My son also told me he felt terrible and had sore throat and headache and diarreah. Sadly the poor little fellow was feeling poorly for Halloween but we did a little trick-or-treating. We are still battling it. This morning he seemed fine. Mondays he goes to a half-day challange class and right after we came home from that he took a blanket, laid down on the floor and went to sleep.

I have never had a reaction to the flu shot in the past but this seems to contrary to my past experiences. I have spoken to several other people and they have also said they have gotten sick after the flu shot this year. Maybe this year the vaccine is worse that the virus?

Fran

It looks like I'm scheduled for December 4th, so I just made it for the December Hottie list. I'm pretty nervous, but we'll all get through this, right? I've had two c sections with no problems, so I'm not really worried about the actual banding. Its the life that comes after and the whole redefining my relationship with food aspect that has me worried. Food and I have been together for so long. . .:tongue: hard to imagine life after this "divorce".

Hi Mommy, Welcome to the December group. I'm with you on the C-Section thought. Though I only had one C-Section it was done without anesthesia. I am relatively there isn't anything a medical professional will do to my body would ever feel worse.

As far as your relationship with food. Have you read the "The Beck Diet Solution". It was recommended by the person who did my psyc evaluation and I have seen several people on Bariatric Surgery websites refer to it. I love it and feel in the few days I have been reading it, that I already am seeing a change in the way I look at food.

Fran

Welcome Mommy! My date is December 4th also - as is Nina's. We have 30 days to go! The countdown is on...

Fran, about the flu shot - I am glad you had this when you did. I wonder if the reactions are due to the type of flu this shot is supposed to fight. If you and your son felt this bad with the shot, you might have been much sicker with the real thing. I will get mine this week, hoping not to have a reaction, but better that than the real thing 2 days before or after banding... yuck.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi everyone...I'm new to this site, most of my posting has been on Christian bandsters. Finally the end is in sight. My surgeons office called today and I'm scheduled for my IVC filter placement 12/09 (to prevent another pulmonary blood clot), pre-op appt with surgeon & hosp 12/11 and SURGERY on 12/15. I am to start South Beach Phase1 now, Phase2 in 2 wks. & 2 Protein Shakes with 1 SB meal starting 12/01...clear liquids the day before surgery. I can do this only because God has opened the doors & has carried me through in the past!! Any group name is good for me. MarilynC (rural North FL) :lol:

Hi everyone...I'm new to this site, most of my posting has been on Christian bandsters. Finally the end is in sight. My surgeons office called today and I'm scheduled for my IVC filter placement 12/09 (to prevent another pulmonary blood clot), pre-op appt with surgeon & hosp 12/11 and SURGERY on 12/15. I am to start South Beach Phase1 now, Phase2 in 2 wks. & 2 Protein shakes with 1 SB meal starting 12/01...clear liquids the day before surgery. I can do this only because God has opened the doors & has carried me through in the past!! Any group name is good for me. MarilynC (rural North FL) :lol:

It's great to have you with us, Marilyn! We seem to be a pretty supportive group - all looking forward to beginning our journey in just a few weeks! Welcome...:lol::rolleyes:

hi all, im china im either gonna b band on dec. 1st or 10th. I hav read all ya posts im happy 2 join. I have a group name. december bravehearts.

Hi Fellow December Bandsters...

I am scheduled to have my band on December 3 exactly 4 weeks from today. Don't worry this time is going to fly.

I guess for alot of us it willbe liquids for Thanksgiving and mushies for Christmas. I keep trying to talk my hubby into going to the parade in NYC.

I noticed some of you are mentioned you are from Long Island. I live in Sayville.

BTW, I voted for slender snowflakes but after meeting Pete I think Holiday Hotties is hilarious.

Chris

Hi everyone! I just got approved by my insurance yesterday and am hoping for an early December surgery date. Is it too soon to post here? I'm a single pre-op bandster in Florida. Nice to meet everyone!