Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Got My Surgery Date...Where Are The November Bandsters?

Jmegirl You ROCK.. I hope I can recover as quickly as that.. I'm a cake baker and I have a cake I need to assemble 4 days after Surgery so keep me posted on your progress!! I love the positivity from this site... this process is emotional enough with out the negativity!!!

So Everyone keep up the good work and lets keep on trucking on !!!! :thumbup::rolleyes2::tt1:

Hey!! I'm still feeling better than I expected, although the gas pains started last night so that made it a little worse. My mom is about to run out and get me some Gas-X strips, and it's time for pain meds again. I swear that the pain meds are helping the gas. I need to do a few more laps around the hotel now. I'll keep you updated on my progress and how much pain I'm in!

I am not sure what time I go in. They told me that they will call me a few days before to let me know, but they said that they are finished with all their band operations by 1pm, and they usually schedule it between 6-9am. I am working with the Richmond Surgical Group. Dr. Schroder is going to be my surgeon.

Raphaella:smile:

Well I will be a member of the november crowd also.. November 12th is the big day and I am getting more and more excited as the days tick away. I went for pre-op yesterday and that went fine and I am now reading all the info I can about how my life will change and what to expect. With that being said, I am very excited for all of us November babies, We need to put an end of month tally for weigh loss for the November newbies at the end of Dec to keep on encouraging us all as we bring in the new year.

Take care and hang in there!!

OOPS, my bad. maybe the drugs are still in effect. I realized after i sent that this came from JMEGRL. and I am definitely happy for all who are doing this.

I'm soooo happy for you! Glad to see your out and about already and feeling good! Wishing you all the best on your new journey!

Great News Cappy.

I was banded today too. No pain on incision sites, and minimal gas pains. No doubt it will be the best decision I've made in my life too.

Edited by fsexton54

I am one day post op and taking tylenol 3's for pain and gas. I feel constipated too. Not too bad, if I could get rid of the gas it would be awesome. I want nervous the day of which surprised me. Looking forward to getting onto full fluids on monday. CLear fluids suck!!!

I missed everybody yesterday! I didn't get a chance to log on. I'm afraid I may not end up being a Notorious November if the approval doesn't come back on time, or if I get denied. Could I be an honorary member if I don't make it?:thumbup:

Froggi, I want to keep the same date as you, the 24th!!! My daughter is a froggy girl, too, so that makes you special in my book. I guess I just have to let go and let God.

I don't have to start my pre-op diet until the 17th, but it's all liquids. I'm planning on doing two shakes a day next week and a Protein and greens dinner. I don't want to go cold turkey and get really sick the week of the 17th. I haven't had a Diet Coke in a week. This is a HUGE deal. HUGE. I don't feel sick anymore. I don't crave them as much, either. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that craving thing.

I'm having horrible Last Supper cravings, though. I guess I'll indulge a couple of them this weekend. Maybe I'll have a ceremony to say goodbye (and good riddance). I need to find a new comfort now.

Hugs and kisses to all that have been banded in the past few days!!!! Thanks for sharing how you're doing. You know we're right there with you in spirit! :smile2:

Jmegirl, it sounds like you're doing great!! I'm so happy for you! I think you're positive attitude has everything to do with it. You are so cute in your picture!!!!!

((((BIG HUGS)))) :thumbup:

I'm being banded on the 12th also. I am on this website and all other websites whenever I'm not a work. I want this to work. I'm also a roller coaster. Let's get through this. I'm convinced this is the best decision of my life!

So here I am, almost 36hrs after surgery. Last night the gas pains started, but luckily it seems the pain meds tend to mask the gas pains for a little while, and Gas-X does the trick too.

I don't feel nearly as good today as I did yesterday right after surgery, and I think I've got one or two more "bad" days before they start getting better. But I still maintain that this is the best decision I ever could have made for myself! :thumbup:

I am so thrilled to hear that all went well for you and that you are not feeling all that badly. I am 12 hours away from surgery and was feeling a bit nervous..but after reading your posts I can say that the feelings of true nervousness have decreased! Talk to you soon!:thumbup:

Well - I had my surgery on Nov. 4. It is now Nov. 7 and I am recovering well. I had a couple of rough days from my back problems after surgery. I had little problem with pain from the Lap Band Surgery once I was in my room after the recovery room. Most of my pain was from my cronic back problem. They were wonderful to me in the hospital trying to help me feel comfortable from back pain. The pain I felt from the surgery was very minor compared to my back pain. I had to stop all my back pain meds a few days before the Lap Band surgery. Today I finally got my back pain under control. I went for two walks today each of about 1/2 mile. It was easy to do. I have been relatively active today. I took 1 nap in the afternoon. I am thankful so far for this procedures. I feel about 75% today. I expect to feel about 90% tomorrow if things continue as they have. I am glad I have had this procedure and fully expect it to be very successful as a weight loss tool. I am looking forward to continued improving health. I am following my Drs. orders to the letter. I imagine, if I didn't i might have complications. So I choose to be perfect through the 5 stages of relearning how to eat. This is also necessary for the protection of my new stomach pouch. I believe I have a great dr. who did a good job on my surgery, therefore due to that an the fact that I am doing my part, I fully expect to have no complications. I will be very healthy and much more active then I have been for many years. I am here to encourage you to have the procedure done. I would do it again tomorrow. I have a desire to be thin and healthy for my God, my spouse and my children. I will let you know how things go.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

I am here to encourage you to have the procedure done. I would do it again tomorrow. I have a desire to be thin and healthy for my God, my spouse and my children. I will let you know how things go.

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

Thank you, Sandy, for the encouragement. I'm glad you are feeling so strong about getting through the back pain.

I'm worried about whether I'll really be able to do this. I take six different medications for bi-polar disorder. I CANNOT go off of some of them. I can't wait for my doctor's office to open this morning so that I can call them and discuss this. My nutritionist had said that the nurse that reviews my records before submitting them would catch that as being a problem, but I'm not so sure. Maybe there will be liquid equivalents or they can be pulverized. *sniff*