Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Uncomfortable feeling in chest

Hi everyone! Thanks for your posts! I did call the Dr. and he wanted to see me. I went into his office this a.m. and he removed 1.2cc's from the band. I got a little bit of relief and can at least take a deep breath now. I still feel something in my chest but sounds like this is normal. :biggrin: Now my port site is very sore from the Dr. having to access it for a slight unfill. Geesh...good luck to everyone else!:)

Glad you're feeling better. Get some rest! We'll all get through this. Ugh!! Hang in there! Hugs!! Ambra:wub:

Hey everyone.. I hope everyone is feeling some what better.. I asked my surgeon about the pain I was having and he said the gas leaves your body almost immediately that what most people are feeling are your muscles because they were stretched out for so long during the procedure.. I have a little pressure in my chest it feels like I need to belch, but nothing will come up or when one finally does come up it is tiny and does not seem worth it.. He advised me just to walk and drink slowly on warm liquids and it will help the stomach and that my stomach was swollen right now so It will take sometime to feel 100% normal.. My husband had his surgery on 9/24 and me on Oct1st. I asked him if he ever experienced what I was and he said yes.. I asked him why he did not whine a little more so I knew what to expect ha ha.. Anyways from what I hear it is pretty common.. If anyone has major concerns you should contact your doctor. I would like to wish everyone a happy and healthy recovery... time will heal and we will wake up one more and feel 100% better and it will all be worth it..

best wishes everyone :)

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this website and have already found it to be so helpful. I had the Adjustable Lap Band put in 9/26/08. I also have been feeling like I'm having a heart attack!! Also pain in the left shoulder like a knife right above the clavicle. I know these are gas pains, but from the CO2 gas, not the intestinal gas (which is passing fine... ask my daughter LOL).

It's just confirmation to hear that others have been experiencing the same things. These pains come and go, but today after a long day, was pretty bad driving home. After resting, and drinking warm chicken broth, it got better.

Good luck to by Banded Twins! We share the same "band-date".

Tammy:thumbup:

Hi

I was banded 9/29 also. I think its gas built up. I feel like i need to burp but nothing comes out. How much Fluid are you drinking?? Not sure Im gteting enough and Dr. never gave me an amount

Yea Its great to hear from someone going through the same time frame. If you know what I mean. Hows your day going? Im feeling weak Tried to go for a walk alot of pain

Hi

I was banded 9/29 also. I think its gas built up. I feel like i need to burp but nothing comes out. How much Fluid are you drinking?? Not sure Im gteting enough and Dr. never gave me an amount

My doc said to get 48 to 64 oz of Fluid a day. According to my doc, this does include all of your broth, Water, Protein drinks, etc.

I was banded Sept 30. The morning after surgery I had chest pain so bad that an EKG and cardiac enzyme testings was ordered. While the dr. was pretty sure the pain was from gas he had to make sure I was not having a heart attack. I'm glad he took me seriously. It was NOT a heart attack thank goodness and I still have some pressure in the mid chest area as well as a feeling of having to burp. I'm going to get some gas x strips today and walk a bit.

Slim N TN my doc also told me 48-64 oz of Fluid a day to make sure stay hydrated..

So everyone else .. All those who said they feel pressure in chest like they have to belch and can not.. I know this is stupid sounding, but I have found if I am standing up and lean forward putting my hands on the bed or table I am able to get a belch or two out at a time and let me tell you when it comes out it is like such a relief even though i is only for a short amount of time.. ha ha best of luck to everyone

Slim N TN my doc also told me 48-64 oz of Fluid a day to make sure stay hydrated..

So everyone else .. All those who said they feel pressure in chest like they have to belch and can not.. I know this is stupid sounding, but I have found if I am standing up and lean forward putting my hands on the bed or table I am able to get a belch or two out at a time and let me tell you when it comes out it is like such a relief even though i is only for a short amount of time.. ha ha best of luck to everyone

Haha! That's what I've been doing too. I was banded on Oct. 1st as well. I have been walking around my house a lot. I even went out into the back yard for a few minutes yesterday and today. When I feel the pressure moving up into my chest, I stop what I am doing and lean forward, put my hands on the couch, bed or table and wait a bit. A rumbly burp usually comes out, giving me instant relief for a bit.:crying:

I too am having the gas pains. Have been doing the walking and today got the gas-x strips. I was banded on the 29th and did not even get the pains until today (sat) at 3am. I knew that moment I needed to walk so I threw on my shoes and walked the neighborhood. Didnt even care that i was in my pj's.

I hope everyone is feeling a little better today. I made it through the entire day with out pain meds until about 10 pm and I just could not bare it any longer.. Thanks goodness they are liquids because they work almost instantly.. The gas is moving a long a little easier today. Not having to lean forward as much and the pressure is slowly leaving.. When I walk for a long time though it really bugs me..my upper back and shoulders start to hurt a long with my left side where the port is. I feel like i am aged after trying to walk for a long time ha ha I know this too shall pass.. I am just wondering how much longer ha ha I love my walks they are so relaxing in the evening and now I just go out there and wonder how long i am going to make it before something hurts.. Recovery its a b*tch ha ha but thats ok it will all be worth it shortly..

take care everyone

Hi

I was banded on 16th September and had same problem - it's trapped wind.

Try drinking peppermint tea, sleep as upright as possible and try to walk around during the day. I found this helped mine to disappear.

Hope you feel better.

Hi all - I was banded on 9/30 and was not happy with the pain, tightest in chest and gas, BUT - it does get better. I have lost a lot so far, but note that my Dr. did not put me on a pre-op diet, so I am having a lot of Water loss. I'm allowed musshies after 1 week and that is heaven. Helps your spirits tremendously!! Good Luck to all. It will get better. I'm so anxious to see what life is like a year from now. In the Bands, Carolyn P.S. The back and shoulder pains still persist. I am not happy with that.

KnightFL.. I was starting to get concerned. I still have pain in my back and on my left side port area.. I thought maybe something was wrong, but I am thinking I just take longer to recover then others.. I was banded on Oct 1st.. I am suppose to start mushies on Thursday and honestly I am afraid to ha ha..I cant wait because I am so sick of Protein drinks... I hope you are begin to feel better soon.. I know on Saturday I thought I was doing much better and then on Sunday it was like I spiral back to how I felt day after surgery.. it is INSANE.. I know I am looking forward to feeling MUCH better.. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I hope i am somewhat better tomorrow :wub:... Good Luck to everyone..

take care