Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October-Marchies

Gwen,

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm so excited that you are returning to school! I can see a great place for you working with other weight loss people. It really helps to have someone who's been there. Please keep us posted.

Maybe your work has tuition reimbursement. Google scholarships. You never know what's out there. If you need a letter of recommendation I'll write you one. I'm not kidding. I'm good at them too. :wink2:

Jeni,

You can get there by March easily. Someone stated somewhere it's not that you need to exercise more, you just need to maybe exercise harder. If you are like me you're phoning it in. Take it up a few notches and get serious in a few ways again about how you eat. You know, like really get your Water in, or give up all sugar for a few days. You'd be amazed how all the other good behaviors follow suit.

I'm consulting with a plastic surgeon on Monday. YIKES!

Gwen,

GOOD FOR YOU!!! I'm so excited that you are returning to school! I can see a great place for you working with other weight loss people. It really helps to have someone who's been there. Please keep us posted.

Maybe your work has tuition reimbursement. Google scholarships. You never know what's out there. If you need a letter of recommendation I'll write you one. I'm not kidding. I'm good at them too. :wink2:

Jeni,

You can get there by March easily. Someone stated somewhere it's not that you need to exercise more, you just need to maybe exercise harder. If you are like me you're phoning it in. Take it up a few notches and get serious in a few ways again about how you eat. You know, like really get your Water in, or give up all sugar for a few days. You'd be amazed how all the other good behaviors follow suit.

I'm consulting with a plastic surgeon on Monday. YIKES!

wow on Monday...!!! that's great.. you have to let us all know how it goes...

And ya baby steps are the key to getting back on track and i plan on starting today.. im doing good so far... no junk food yet!!! lol:thumbup:

Evening Everyone, came back from the gym tonight and feel great. Question: is anyone having problems with the band when it comes to doing your abs exercise. Mine tends to get in the way when doing situps. So I tend not to do them, but they do the job so well.

Jeni 85, remember you don't have to get to the gym. There are so many exercises you can do while sitting, standing and just walking. i.e. sitting, lift up your legs, do the bent knee pushup w/ the chair, do squarts while doing the dishes, washing up, suck in your abs while walking, there are so many you can do. This may get you inspired to get to the gym. Just do something. I came across a saying, "Don't make excuses, Make and effort". Take this to mind.

PS - I do my morning exercises in the bed before I get up. Makes getting out of the bed easier. Especially, when it going to rain and my back acts up. I do my lower back exercises for sure then.

Evening Everyone, came back from the gym tonight and feel great. Question: is anyone having problems with the band when it comes to doing your abs exercise. Mine tends to get in the way when doing situps. So I tend not to do them, but they do the job so well.

Jeni 85, remember you don't have to get to the gym. There are so many exercises you can do while sitting, standing and just walking. i.e. sitting, lift up your legs, do the bent knee pushup w/ the chair, do squarts while doing the dishes, washing up, suck in your abs while walking, there are so many you can do. This may get you inspired to get to the gym. Just do something. I came across a saying, "Don't make excuses, Make and effort". Take this to mind.

PS - I do my morning exercises in the bed before I get up. Makes getting out of the bed easier. Especially, when it going to rain and my back acts up. I do my lower back exercises for sure then.

thanks for the tip gwen...:lol:

im very proud of myself i made it throught the day without eating any sweets!!:biggrin:

Jeni,

That is no small feat! Good for you!

I've had a few good days. I'm happy to report. This weekend is going to be a trial for me though. I'm going to be with my GF and we tend to give each other permission to eat more or badly when we are together. I told her that's can't happen this weekend. I need to be able to make good food decisions when we are together.

So here's to that happening.

Good Morning All, good news for me, I've lost another 2lbs and 1" from my hips and 2" from my waist. I'm even getting some definition to my arms. They're jiggling a little less and my stomach is shaping up as well. But still can do more abs exercises.

Jeni 85, have you tried to do some exercise in bed yet? Sometimes at best it helps wake me up. Even just stretching my legs gets me started.

Everyone, hope to read good posts from you.

thanks juli and how did you do this weekend???

gwen i tried little things here and there throughout the day.. but in bed i didnt...

I have some reading to do from this thread and the Sept thread to see how everyone is doing.

I'm doing okay...just need a fill and haven't taken the time to do it, but I will soon. This group always motivates me to get back on track.

I have some reading to do from this thread and the Sept thread to see how everyone is doing.

I'm doing okay...just need a fill and haven't taken the time to do it, but I will soon. This group always motivates me to get back on track.

tammyj my band sister... im so glad to see you on here...

we are now at the same weight lol...

i hope you get that fill soon!!! how is everything going for you:confused:

Hi TammyJ,

You are looking good in that avatar! Get your fill girl and keep peeling off the weight.

Jeni,

My weekend was nice and relaxing. I actually ran, jogged really, again. Time with the GF is always well spent.

The plastic surgeon has me swinging in my moods. He said that I'd be good to go right now and that there's a good 25-35 pounds of skin on my body that would be removed with surgery. That seems like a lot, but also my belly is just giant. I was really very large at my highest weight so it make sense. Now to process the fear of surgery and more enormous debt. I'll keep you all up to date, of course.

I hope everyone is well.

Hi TammyJ,

You are looking good in that avatar! Get your fill girl and keep peeling off the weight.

Jeni,

My weekend was nice and relaxing. I actually ran, jogged really, again. Time with the GF is always well spent.

The plastic surgeon has me swinging in my moods. He said that I'd be good to go right now and that there's a good 25-35 pounds of skin on my body that would be removed with surgery. That seems like a lot, but also my belly is just giant. I was really very large at my highest weight so it make sense. Now to process the fear of surgery and more enormous debt. I'll keep you all up to date, of course.

I hope everyone is well.

WOW!!! Where are all the marchies!!! I guess we are all very busy...

Juli do what you think is best for you.. how much more are you planning on losing???? if its a lot i would consider waiting a bit longer... im waiting till im at 165 to have a consult...

and at this rate it will be a long till.. i think my body is holding on to every pound as if i was starving myself.. but i'm not ... i'm eating right .. i'm excercise.. im not snacking i just don't get it.!!! i guess its just one of those evil stubborn plateaus!!! ill make it through eventually my body will cooperate.. although im wondering if the new steriod my dr. prescribed me has something to do with it??:grouphug: oh well!!!

If thats the case... damn asthma!!!

Juli

I just went to a bariatric seminar tonight featuring a plastic surgery. It was extremely interesting. I live in Michigan so this may not be the same all over but this is what was said.

Most Insurance will only pay for Tummy Tucks and breast Lifts not augmentations.

The two surgeries are usually done together.

They will not pay for arms, butts, neck chins, face lifts,.. .

This doctor also does a little Lipo during the procedure, He also takes a hunk of that fat over the pubic area if he can.

The insurance company's like it if you have lost at least 100 lbs.

Good documentation of boils, rashes, blisters, and chafing are great for your case.

Couldn't help stop thinking about that Dawn liquid Hee Hee!:grouphug:

A letter from doctors. such as GYn, dermotoligist, bariatric surgeon and PCP all also helps.

Being at least 15 months out and at a stable weight. Meaning you are no longer losing 1-2 lbs a week is the goal.

He said he normaly removes between 8-15 lbs of tummy fat and skin, not to shabby.

I was elated about insurance probably covering, I have a large pannius that will need to be removed.

I can't wait until OCTOBER 30 when I get that darn first fill. I can't wait to acctivate this band, I thought of that phrase, isn't it cute, acctivate LOL?

Well keep us posted.

Janine, I'm in Ohio. I'm waving frantically look south and you might see me.

My PCP wrote a letter to my insurance as did I. I'm waiting to see what they say. My weight is pretty stable, I'm kind of sad to say. But I figure I'll lose 10-20 more pounds before the summer gets here. I expect surgery will happen this summer.

Thanks for sharing what your surgeon said. I'm actually going to go see a second surgeon in Cincinnati for a second opinion. I'll travel an hour and a half for better results, though I AM comfortable with the Columbus doctor. I just want a second opinion. KWIM?

Jeni, we are lock step together at this point. Pound for pound, etc. This weight loss stuff is something, no?