Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Had our monthly meeting and 3 showed up. We discussed what could be done to get the group out. Hey people, please consider coming back to attend the Lions Gate Meetings. Nothing can match talking with people in similar circumstances. Whether you are successful, plateauing, or gaining we all need the strokes of others. We talked about some members living too far away, well don't forget Timmers is starting a group in Richmond. The Lions Gate Hospital is easy to get to for anyone new to the bandster issues. Hope to see you all next month.

Hey Guys,

It's Nadia. I came to a couple of meetings and then stopped. The band hasn't been working for me...well I haven't been working with the band. I went for yet another fill with Doctor Arseneau and turns out I gained 9lbs since the end of January. I've been really discouraged and I've been eating very poorly so that's why I haven't been posting or coming to meetings. I'm not sure what else to do at this point...I know what will work and what I should do but actually putting in the effort to do it is the problem. I find that I eat when I am bored because I tend to sit on the couch and watch tv and I eat and eat and eat to the point where I can't fit anything more in. I want to be active and get out there and be more productive but i have no one to do it with and I am so nervous about doing it on my own. Anyways I will do my best to come to next month's meeting.

Nadia

Hey Guys,

It's Nadia. I came to a couple of meetings and then stopped. The band hasn't been working for me...well I haven't been working with the band. I went for yet another fill with Doctor Arseneau and turns out I gained 9lbs since the end of January. I've been really discouraged and I've been eating very poorly so that's why I haven't been posting or coming to meetings. I'm not sure what else to do at this point...I know what will work and what I should do but actually putting in the effort to do it is the problem. I find that I eat when I am bored because I tend to sit on the couch and watch tv and I eat and eat and eat to the point where I can't fit anything more in. I want to be active and get out there and be more productive but i have no one to do it with and I am so nervous about doing it on my own. Anyways I will do my best to come to next month's meeting.

Nadia

Nadia. I don't have anyone to exercise,etc either. My friends are either very ill or live too far away. So what I did, I purchased a PS3 (you could get a WII) When I am on the computer or PS3, I totally forget about food. When I sit infront of the TV, I immediately want to eat.

I also purchased a treadmill which I keep in the basement and try to make a point of walking in the morning. If you don't have access to a treadmill, start by making yourself go for a walk. Don't worry about calories blah blah blah. Just go out and enjoy the sun and spring.

Now is the time for you to come to the meetings and vent. Also, people can probably give you a new slant on things.

For instance, spend time on the computer and start recording what you eat on fitday everyday. Be totally honest.

The last thing, e mail me - I have a web cam I can set up if you have one. I might be able to at least keep you out of the frig.

Anyway see you next month.

:thumbup::frown::thumbup:

Hi Nadia. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling. What is your fill total at this point? I'm sure you know that the band isn't the magic solution. You still have to work with it for the rest of your life to see some success. I've been quite slow in losing weight but I'm trying to be patient in finding the "zone" that will work for me. It's not easy.

All of us have pshycological attachments to food. Trying to understand them is essential to get them under control. All of us have an aversion to exercise. I still LOVE food but I know I have to take control and make healthy choices if I want to feel better about myself. Do I always eat right & excercise. Hell no! But I can't give up just because I've fallen off the wagon.

If you need help, go and get it! Get counselling, have another adjustment, go for a walk, come to the damn meetings...whatever it takes! Just don't give up.

Lyn

Hi Antonella,

My name is Suzanne and I understand that we were banded the same day at FCSC, I've been in contact with Lyn and Michelle, who were just before and just after me, but hadn't connected with any one else from that day. I'd love to hear from you.

Suzanne

Had our monthly meeting and 3 showed up. We discussed what could be done to get the group out. Hey people, please consider coming back to attend the Lions Gate Meetings. Nothing can match talking with people in similar circumstances. Whether you are successful, plateauing, or gaining we all need the strokes of others. We talked about some members living too far away, well don't forget Timmers is starting a group in Richmond. The Lions Gate Hospital is easy to get to for anyone new to the bandster issues. Hope to see you all next month.

Hi Doddie, Canadagirl, etc.,

I'd have come to the meeting had I known it was being held. I hope Canadagirl's husband is OK and she didn't send out an email about the meeting only because she's busy with work, life, etc. I rely on the emails about the meetings to remind me and to tell me the meetings haven't been cancelled for some reason.

lottacash (Laura)

Hi Doddie, Canadagirl, etc.,

I'd have come to the meeting had I known it was being held. I hope Canadagirl's husband is OK and she didn't send out an email about the meeting only because she's busy with work, life, etc. I rely on the emails about the meetings to remind me and to tell me the meetings haven't been cancelled for some reason.

lottacash (Laura)

Hi: Lottacash. I could send you reminders if you like. I was keeping a list of email addresses but not being a computer geek, I sent the reminder out with all emails revealed. I don't know how to hide them. :laugh: I am certain it is easy but I point and click. That's my talent.

So no problem as I am retired.

Hope to see you next month

Hi: Lottacash. I could send you reminders if you like. I was keeping a list of email addresses but not being a computer geek, I sent the reminder out with all emails revealed. I don't know how to hide them. :laugh: I am certain it is easy but I point and click. That's my talent.

So no problem as I am retired.

Hope to see you next month

Hi Doddie,

I use hotmail and with that all you do is click on the address line called "BCC" (stands for "Blind Carbon Copy") just below the regular "To" and "CC" (Carbon Copy) lines to insert addresses confidentially. Your email probably has a similar address line.

Thanks - I checked my hotmail and I do have the BBC just that it was hidden. Now have included the CC & BBC whenever I open to send a new email. Thanks. Did you want me to remind you?

Thanks - I checked my hotmail and I do have the BBC just that it was hidden. Now have included the CC & BBC whenever I open to send a new email. Thanks. Did you want me to remind you?

Yes please.

BTW what's happening with Canadagirl? Was she there at the meeting?

Yes please.

BTW what's happening with Canadagirl? Was she there at the meeting?

Canadagirl was at the meeting and she is going to continue with the meetings. Just the past few months personal issues have taken up all of her time. Hopefully, all is OK and hopefully everyone will come out again.

If the meetings need changing a bit - are people bored, just too far to come, whatever, if you come out we can discuss solutions. Not coming out can result in the meetings being abandoned.

Hi Everyone :o

I need to apoloogize to everyone for neglecting my 'duties' and not sending out emails or posting meeting reminders on these sites. Life has just been very complicated the last few months....personal issues, weather problems, highways issues with Olympics....blah blah, blah. However, spring is in the air and I need you guys to help me get back on track !!!

I was at the meeting last week (again, sorry for no reminder) and was really pleased to see Doreen and Lyn. During the winter I managed to gain 5lbs by just sitting around and stress/boredom eating. I am THRILLED to say now that since our meeting last week I am down 3lbs as of this morning. Sure, maybe tomorrow it will have gone up a bit again, but my mind is in a better place since talking to the ladies and being able to talk, vent and take responsibility. These sites are great but like Doreen has always said, they sure don't compare to a little face to face time.

So as of now I will be back on the emailing and posting before each months meeting. They are still the 3rd Wednesday of every month, however I am thinking about the possibility of maybe adding a mid-day meeting/walk/picnic/something while the weather is good. Anyone possibly interested? What days work for you? Times? Give it some thought and let me know, maybe something can be arranged.

Ohhhh....and speaking of PS3 and computers, etc...I bought a Wii last week at costco !! We left town on Thursday and only got home last night so I just hooked it up this morning. Ummm....I think I'm already addicted !!! I can tell you, the bowling is a blast and after a 3 round boxing match my heart rate was definitely up !!! And time just flies....without me feeding myself :tt1: $209 will get you everything you need to have a laugh and get your heart pumpin !!!

Talk soon all,

Patricia

Consuls are not only fun, they are really great for keeping one away from food.< /p>

I have read that women are overtaking the men in playing computer games.

No matter how old one gets, they are entertaining and as Patricia said keeps one away from the frig.

Sue, did you have it done on Feb 24th??

A

Hello everyone

Glad to hear things are going well for you CanadGirl (and the rest of you too). I also had quite a few things happen in the past few weeks, so I apologize for not keeping everyone up to date with the new Richmond meetings.

As I mentioned before in my last post, we now have a website that has a little bit of information about when/where we meet, a bit about myself, but most importantly it has a calendar of events for bandsters. Right now I have the North Van group, the LionsGate group, and the Richmond group on there. But, as things come up I hope to be able to keep the calendar up to date.

Please come visit the site at https://sites.google.com/site/vancouverbandsters/

Though the dates have moved around a little bit over the past few months, the new official meeting time is 11:30am every second Saturday of the month. We might increasing it to twice a month, but for now it is on the second Saturday.

Because of a scheduling mix-up and some miss communication, I will be at the Boston pizza tomorrow at 11:30am as well, just in case some bandsters did not get the new information (originally we were supposed to meet on the 27th of March). So, if any of you want to come out tomorrow, that is fine as well.

I had all of the Fluid taken out of my band and "rested" for two weeks. During that time I gained 4 pounds. But, now with some Fluid back I have lost 3 of those pounds. I also purchased the BodyBugg (as seen on Biggest Loser) and have been playing with that gadget the past few days. It's really quite neat, very fun, and a little addicting. The website lets you enter the food you are eating online (they have a pretty good database of foods). It really helped me get back on track. I hope to get another fill soon to get back to my previous fluid volume.

I hope you are all doing well, and I hope to see some of you in person either tomorrow or on April 10th!

Cheers,

Tim