Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

I can not wait for another fill... I find I get full easy but get hungry just as quick so I think I need some more in there. And no I do not drink with my meals. I wait about 1.5 hrs later... Anyways I can not wait to get in there.... Rhonda if you hear this I am looking for a fill. LOL

Anyone know if there will be a meeting at Lions Gate in March? There have been so few attending I am concerned we may go the way of the dodo bird.

Anyone know if there will be a meeting at Lions Gate in March? There have been so few attending I am concerned we may go the way of the dodo bird.

Hi there,

I was at the Lions Gate meeting last night. There were only 3 of us but we had a great discussion.

As far as we know there will definitely be a meeting on the 3rd. Wednesday of March (17th). At least I hope so cause I really need them as I am just starting my journey.

Take care

Cristina

Hi there,

I was at the Lions Gate meeting last night. There were only 3 of us but we had a great discussion.

As far as we know there will definitely be a meeting on the 3rd. Wednesday of March (17th). At least I hope so cause I really need them as I am just starting my journey.

Take care

Cristina

sorry I missed it. I'll let you in on a little secret. I have had my 3rd year anniversary and I find I need the personal contact even more. As the novelty wears off, old habits start to creep back, such as trying to by pass the band by eating high calorie type foods. I will be at next months for sure.

hey dorreen, missed you last night. hope you're ok!

Babe

Hi babe: Yes, I missed coming as well but I had myself stuck. It would not go down and would not come up. I am so sore today ----when will I ever learn.

Thanks for the concern. Appreciate it.

Hi babe: Yes, I missed coming as well but I had myself stuck. It would not go down and would not come up. I am so sore today ----when will I ever learn.

Thanks for the concern. Appreciate it.

sorry to hear that... maybe it was a lesson you needed to be reminded of :confused:

Yeah I am down 36 lbs today since November 1.. Doing happy dance..

Yeah I am down 36 lbs today since November 1.. Doing happy dance..

Go girl, go! Well done and I wish for the continued success.

So good to hear!

Doddie, what did you get stuck with???

So good to hear!

Doddie, what did you get stuck with???

I accidently swallowed a piece of gristle on a piece of ham. It happened to me last year and it took 16 tries before I could get it unstuck. So I went to Seattle and had a fluoro. This time thank goodness I was able to get rid of it after 8 tries. I am sore but I am able to drink and eat IF I CHEW CHEW CHEW. Of course this happened to me at dinner time so I was in the BR rather than in my car going to the meeting.

Thanks for asking. I sure hope other reading this post know that to relearn how to eat is no easy matter. I am getting better but am a slow learner.

Hey Doddie,

What is a fluoro??

T-minus 3 days baby...Wednesday is surgery day!

Antonella

Hey Doddie,

What is a fluoro??

T-minus 3 days baby...Wednesday is surgery day!

Antonella

I drank a radio active liquid which allowed the technician nurse to see the band and watch the liquid go down. the band was still in place and had not slipped but with a 5.5 cc fill, they felt I was tight enough and not to take any more fill. I have had 5.5 for 3 years now.

I will be thinking of you Antonella - please post as soon as you are able.

1) Doreen, thanks for sharing. It is a great reminder to chew well and watch what is eaten!!

2) Sorry I missed the meeting. Staffing issues here had me work all night!! It was a nice shift tho as I never get to see the night staff very often!!

3) I plan on being there for March meeting!! I am moving into my townhome March 6th so will be all settled by then ( Oh God I better be!!)

Rhonda

Edited by VancouverRN

10lbs down and less than 24 hours to go. Getting excited. Ok, give me the deets. Be nice...how much pain am I gonna be in? I had 2 c-sections and this is less invasive but do you feel anything internally where they put the band???

Hope all is well and everyone is out enjoying the olympics! GO CANADA GO!

Cheers,

Antonella