Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New from Mississippi

Hey ya'll! I'm really new...I've never joined ANY discussion group, but after reading what you guys have shared, I knew I wanted to be part of THIS group. I see my surgeon, Dr Michael King tomorrow. I also get the psyche exam, labs, EKG and chest xrays...then I get my surgery date! I hope since I am self-pay that it will be within the next couple of weeks. I started Clear Liquids on Friday and my surgeon requires the full two weeks before surgery, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get the band on Oct 10. Oh...nice to meet ya!

Hi and welcome. It sounds like everything is falling in place quickly for you. I was self-pay and was amazed at how quickly everything went. Keep us posted on how things go.

Hey back at ya!!!!

I live in Booneville, Mississippi. My surgeon is Dr. Walker Byars. If it's the same Dr. King, my M.D. is your M.D.'s partner. I too was self-pay and things were very, very swift. I was banded May 29th and have lost 52 pounds. I have had one adjustment (fill) and have done fine. This site is TOTALLY THE BOMB!!! I can't get started good in the mornings without logging on to see how everyone is and what everyone is saying. It's also the last thing I look at before bed. I trully believe lap band saved my life. I was an insulin dependent diabetic and hypertensive. Off ALL medication after banding. It's not magic, but it makes losing the weight lots, lots easier. Welcome aboard.

Hi! I'm in North Mississippi, not far from Oxford. Be sure you check out how much fills are going to cost you. I too was self-pay, and was looking into Dr.King because his surgery price was several thousand less than the docs in Memphis. But then someone from his clinic called and said that being self-pay, the first fill would be included in the surgery package, but each fill after that would cost around $700 because he does them at a hospital. Just wanted to give you a heads up as to what I was told.

Welcome animalover!

I live in mississippi also.

I will be banded on Oct.8th.

This is a great site!! Lots of information...

Join the pre-op October Bandsters posts, there is a list of all of us "Smashing Pumpkins".lol

Renita

Gosh I hope that's not true--I use Dr. Byars which they are in the same office. What I was told is they only do it at the hospital IF they have complications finding the port at the doctor's office. I think the fill is 150.00 dollars.

Hello and welcome to LBT:)

I spent the first bit of my life in Hattiesburg :lol: I really want to go back to visit.

Sounds like everything is going well with your to do list. I wish you a speedy recovery.

OMG -:confused: - It is so nice to finally find some patients who is from MS. I am from Collins, MS. I have just went thru the process of getting all my information together:rolleyes:. Sent it to the Dr. Vick in Jackson, Ms. (have anyone used him? if so please give me some info on how fast his process is) I mailed all my papers in two weeks ago, contact my insurance company, they gave the okay that they do cover it. got a call yesterday ,they are sending me a package out to read and go over and someone will be calling me for my first appointment very shortly. I hope everything goes fast.:drool:

Hello Cbarnes,

Glad to have you! I was banded 3/06/2008 in Oxford, MS. My doctor is Dr. Walker Byars. Really great doctor. This surgery has been one of the best things to happen for me. I have lost around 98lbs. Good luck with your surgery!!!

Edited by MSBoss08