Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jammin January '07 Bandsters

Hello gang!

Happy New Year to everyone. DH and I have had quite the exciting holiday. As some of you know, I was due with my 2nd band baby in Feb. Well, he's here early! I developed a case of severe pre-eclampsia earlier this week, and the docs decided the best thing was to deliver now. So, I had a c-section Wednesday morning. Vincent Michael was 3 lbs 3oz and 17 inches long. He's doing great for being underweight (thanks to pre-eclampsia). He'll most likely be staying in NICU for another 5 weeks. We're still having some trouble getting my blood pressure under control, but I'm hoping to go home tomorrow. It's been a long week!

Looking forward to getting back on the "band" wagon with you guys!

Maria

Congrets on the Baby, and my prayers are with you and him.

Hi everyone, and welcome newcomer!! We are a great group, you're gonna love us!! And I agree...with the band comes better health.

I don't make resolutions....but I am going to work hard and lose weight..eat right...exercise!!

Has anyone watched the ad's for that Insanity workout? It is so tempting, but I don't think I'm there yet. Tonya..you might be able to do it!!

Snowy in Montana..whhooo hoooo!! But still have to travel to work. I live about 30 miles out on country roads. Have a great car...Subaru Forester...which is terrific, until the snow drifts.... DH took the big truck with 4WD. He can come get me if I have problems!!

Worked out today again...and am not that sore. I did take a diluable aspirin last night....wonder if that worked so well?

Have a great day.

Sporadic me. Worked out three times this week...and then became a slug a bed... I have a dozen reasons...frigid weather..chores to prep for...tired...but I was awake every morning at the right time, I just rolled over. On the positive side...I'm eating properly. I think, tho, that I need to cut back even more. I'm trying to get those veggies in..that is one of my goals... I need to call the doc and get a fill...why do I keep putting it off.

How are all you doing? How's the new baby?

Good Monday Morn!! How is everyone doing?

No workout for me...broke up a dog fight and got a small puncture on Saturday...hand is swollen and sore...no flailing around doing cardio just yet. Trying to decide if I gotta get the ring cut off.

Good Monday Morn!! How is everyone doing?

No workout for me...broke up a dog fight and got a small puncture on Saturday...hand is swollen and sore...no flailing around doing cardio just yet. Trying to decide if I gotta get the ring cut off.

Sorry to hear about your hand, and the ring. Is the dogs ok. You really should have the puncture checked, I really hope the dog that caused the puncture had his shots.

I did go to the Doc and all is well. Some antibiotics and max strength motrin and I'm feeling much better but my typing hasn't improved. Planning on working out in the morning. Suspect I'll be limited but there are somethings I can do.

Just pondering on anniversary dates here....what are we thinking for our progress? Comments, etc? I can't remember if mine is the 16th or 17th..drawing a blank...I will track it down...and certainly know I'm not where I thought I'd be but I'm going to take weight and measurements...I'm down bit, and measurements are going to look good, but I did expect after three years to "be there". But it is my own darn fault..gotta work harder.

Hello gang!

Happy New Year to everyone. DH and I have had quite the exciting holiday. As some of you know, I was due with my 2nd band baby in Feb. Well, he's here early! I developed a case of severe pre-eclampsia earlier this week, and the docs decided the best thing was to deliver now. So, I had a c-section Wednesday morning. Vincent Michael was 3 lbs 3oz and 17 inches long. He's doing great for being underweight (thanks to pre-eclampsia). He'll most likely be staying in NICU for another 5 weeks. We're still having some trouble getting my blood pressure under control, but I'm hoping to go home tomorrow. It's been a long week!

Looking forward to getting back on the "band" wagon with you guys!

Maria

Maria - Congratulations!!!! 3 lbs is good for as early as the little guy was. I'll be praying for his little body to get stronger and stronger so he go home with his family.

..but I am going to work hard and lose weight..eat right...exercise!!

Has anyone watched the ad's for that Insanity workout? It is so tempting, but I don't think I'm there yet. Tonya..you might be able to do it!!

Me too!!!! Work hard to lose the rest of the weight and exercise is my main focus for 2010. New motto, in 2010, we will win!

I've seen the insanity workout, not sure I could do it either, looks intense!

For some reason I'm not getting any emails when there are new post to the this thread, so I thought, I better just mosey over here and see whats going on, and wow, lots of action on the thread and I'm missing out! I don't like to be out of the loop! lol.

Things are going slow, we had lots of snow in Oklahoma, so that put a damper on the exercise for a few weeks, eating got bad too. But, back on track with my exercise and eating.

Its amazing how quickly you can gain weight by not paying attention, I haven't weighed, but I can tell my clothes are tighter, and I REFUSE to go up a size, I'm in my size 8's and I will not go buy any bigger sizes, nope, just won't do it. So, I have to eat right and exercise or I will have to go to work naked!

I had a great workout last night, and felt good afterwards. I'm so ready for spring, I just absolutely HATE winter, with a passion I hate it! depresses me too!

I hope all is doing well, Sula, how is your finger doing?

I hate working out anymore because after I run my legs seem bigger then what they were before, in other words my thighs on my jeans don't fit my thighs. I have now been told though that I have to get back into exercise. I had a fill last week, and they filled me to full, so I had to go back the next day to have an emergency unfill. I was so sick thought I was going to die. Now I'm so unfull, that food tastes so good, I have been eating everything that I'm not suppose to. I got a small refill yesterday. Was told to exercise not only my body, but to also exercise good judgement on food, and not to rely so much on my band. I hate being loose, I was at a good spot, and with a small bump of Fluid it would have been a great spot, but instead of a bump I got overfilled. So now I have to start all over again to get to that really good spot, I'm visiting numbers that I hated the last 3 times I seen them...so I guess I'm exercising again starting tomorrow. Ok my pitty party is over...thanks for listening.

Confused..keep working out. You inspire!!

I did my annual third year weigh in and measurements and am not happy. I'm down about four pounds total in the year and the measurements weren't showing any reduction. Just tells me I need to get serious. I know we all struggle but I don't know why it has to be so hard. And then I tell myself, is it really hard or am I resistant to doing the "right things?" Arggg...gotta get this figured out!!

And then this morning, I was thinking of that great big long list of January 2007 bandsters and wonder how many of them have made their goals and/or what their struggles have been. Would love to hear from them. That was a big list!

Confused..keep working out. You inspire!!

I did my annual third year weigh in and measurements and am not happy. I'm down about four pounds total in the year and the measurements weren't showing any reduction. Just tells me I need to get serious. I know we all struggle but I don't know why it has to be so hard. And then I tell myself, is it really hard or am I resistant to doing the "right things?" Arggg...gotta get this figured out!!

And then this morning, I was thinking of that great big long list of January 2007 bandsters and wonder how many of them have made their goals and/or what their struggles have been. Would love to hear from them. That was a big list!

Hey girl, I feel your pain!!!! But you know what, here is the way I look at it, PRE band, I would have been BIGGER, I never have been able to maintain ANY weight, I always got bigger. So with that being said, I have to count myself as a success.

Even though I'm not at goal, and I can't believe its been three years now and I'm not at goal, I really thought I would be at goal by now. I still am happy.

In the three years, I've lost a total of 83 lbs, I have gone from a size 18/20 to a size 8 (tight at times, lol), but I am wearing a size 8!! I started the journey at 248 and am down to 165, would like to be 145, so I'm about 20 lbs from goal. Which is where I was last year. So I know how frustrated you are, I feel that too. In the past year, I'm where I started, still weighing what I did last January!

So, lets make this year our year! Lets quit playing around and get 'er done! The key is consistancy, I know its something I am lacking - I get inspired, I work out --- a lot, however, my eating is what is not consistant. I eat good, and then blow it for a few days. Not that I eat a lot, but I eat the bad stuff! I eat too many Lindor chocolate truffles out of the candy dish, I eat too many chips, and I snack out of bordom sometimes when I'm not hungry. These are the things that are hindering me.

I too would love to hear from any January Bandsters, how is everyone else doing?