Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

In Pain, please help

Ok so I'm thinking I might be dehydrated but I'm not thirsty so that's strange. Anyway, I ate a granola bar for Breakfast at about 9:30am, then I ate a soft shell taco(tore off most of the tortilla and took out the lettuce since it was only iceberg). Anyway even after the granola bar I started getting a little pain. It's a pain on my up left stomach. It almost feels like Constipation or like somethings trying to move around or be digested, and I just took a stool softner since (TMI alert!) I've been bleeding when I go number 2 and it hurts, its probably a combination of not drinking enough Water and cutting breads out of my diet so i'm losing fiber....Anyway just some insight from people...personal stories? lol

First and foremost, you need to drink Water for #2 to be easier. Drink drink drink!!! If you're not eating, you should be drinking. I try to drink at least one or two cups of water/propel between meals. Also, eat your vegetables. Eating meat with hardly any bread/grains/veggies will constipate you every time. Try taking benefiber before your meals (you might want to think about also taking some anti-gas meds too, which are also stool softeners).

I hope this helps. If the pain gets worse, you should call your Dr.

Sounds like you are definitely consipated. I went through the same thing. It took a whole week after surgery for me to have a BM and that was only after I got some Colace AFTER calling the surgeon. I had this horrible pain in the upper left part of my stomach also. Once I was able to, ahem, GO better, the pain subsided a lot. And I agree with everyone else, drink more Water. Hope this helps!

I know on the Atkins diet, they tell you take take flax seeds. I haven't tried it with the band, but it's a good fiber source. You may want to ask your doctor or nutritionist if it's okay to take them to help you stay regular. Benefiber does work good also. Sometimes you get constipated even when you drink a lot of Water. I love water and drink it all day... I still get constipated at times. Do you drink coffee or tea? My (regular) doctor told me once that drinking any hot liquid will help you 'go', I know coffee works for me... even decaf.:confused:

I am finally on solid food, but I still like my sip Soups LOL I drink as much as I can but still am constipated, so I have a colace once a day, it helps. I also don not eat any Protein Bars or granola, I was told not to do so. They can get stuck in your smaller stomach and be painful. I do have one cup of coffee in the morning now with fat free half and half and spenda, it's a real treat and well it sure helpw with my BW's LOL.

thanks guys. Yeah the pain comes and goes and I've been pretty severly constipated before and it just felt weird now somehow....Yeah last time I ended up in the ER and they said if I didn't go in a day or two they were going to operate and they ended up giving me a shot of morphine lol It was bad...