Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Smooth Move Tea --Anyone Anyone?????

Sorry for the subject but need help.

Has anyone heard of Smooth Move tea and if so do you have the receipt?

Does it work? I am only going about every 3-4 days and very little.:cry_smile:

I am about 5 weeks post-op and doing mushie foods so would think I would have something.

I haven't heard of the tea, but I had problems before surgery and was on a stool softener twice a day. I continued that after surgery (the pills are fairly small) and when sometimes that is not enough I take a senna laxative (such as Senokot, or the generic version). That keeps me pretty straight.:cry_smile:

Call your surgeon's office and ask what he recommends. There are some fiber supplements that can swell and cause band problems but usually fiber is the best choice.

Make sure you are walking and get enough Water....and if you are still on a pain killer w/codeine, it is constipating.

If you don't have symptoms of Constipation you likely aren't constipated but do check with your doctor.

laxatives are very addictive (your body just quits going on its own) and should be used very very sparingly.

My surgeon recommends benefiber, because you can mix it pretty easily with almost anything. It does not have any flavor.

Smooth Move I think has Senna herb in it, which is a stimulant laxative. Long term it's not a good idea. Your smooth muscles of your intestines become dependent on it, and over time you need more. Use a fiber. I LOVE Miralax. Eating the limited quantities that we do, and focusing on Protein, we kind of don't get all the raw fruits & veggies that we are used to. I have a major problem with that as well. My gastroenterologist told me to take 1 capfull a day, and can use it as long as I need to. Its a little spendy, $20 for the large bottle, but lasts a month if taken daily.

BELOW:

Product Description:Smooth Move provides gentle, overnight relief from occasional Constipation. Senna leaf promotes bowel movement by direct action on the intestine.

A single serving provides an effective dose of sennosides from senna leaf, which have proven stimulant laxative action and are generally recognized as safe and effective by the USFDA. We include additional digestive support with fennel, orange peel, cinnamon, coriander and ginger to ease discomfort and reduce cramping.

Warnings:Duration of use: Stimulant laxatives should not be taken for longer than 1-2 weeks without medical advice.

Contraindications: Ileus, acute intestinal inflammation (e.g. Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis), appendicitis, abdominal pain of unknown origin, severe dehydration states with Water and electrolyte depletion. Notice: This product contains senna leaf. Read and follow directions carefully. Do not use if you have or develop diarrhea, loose stools, or abdominal pain because senna leaf may worsen these conditions and be harmful to your health. Consult your physician if you have frequent diarrhea or if you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition.

Ingredients:Senna leaf, Proprietary blend: licorice root, bitter fennel fruit, organic sweet orange peel, organic cinnamon bark, organic coriander fruit, organic ginger rhizome, orange peel oil on gum arabic.Notes:How does it taste? It's sweet and slightly bitter, with citrus-orange and spicy notes... best tasting laxative you'll ever drink!Recommended Use:For maximum benefit, medicinal tea must be properly prepared.

Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled Water over a tea bag in a cup. Cover cup and steep 10-15 minutes. These steps directly influence the amount of beneficial components that will end up in your teacup! Gently squeeze the tea bag to release any remaining extract. Drink 1 cup at bedtime. If necessary repeat the next day, not to exceed 4 cups in 24 hours. Children 6-12 years: Drink 1/2 cup at bedtime. If necessary, repeat the next day not to exceed 2 cups in 24 hours.

AM_headline.jpg

What is MiraLAX?

MiraLAX (Polyethylene Glycol 3350) is a new kind of OTC laxative. It is safe and effective* and treats occasional constipation by working with your body to restore its natural rhythm.

MiraLAX is the #1 prescribed laxative—it has been the #1 choice of doctors for years—and MiraLAX is the first prescription laxative in more than 30 years to be made available OTC.

Prescription Heritage

For years now, MiraLAX has been prescribed most by doctors—more than any other laxative—and now it's available without a prescription.

MiraLAX works with your body's natural rhythm to relieve constipation safely, without the harsh side effects of cramps or gas. In fact, MiraLAX actually reduces cramps and gas that can be caused by constipation. No wonder your doctor prefers MiraLAX.

For constipation, doctors prefer MiraLAX more than any other prescription drug or OTC laxative. Doctors recommend MiraLAX more than fibers, stimulants, stool softeners or mineral oils to relieve constipation.

The Most Clinically Proven Laxative

Medicines can work differently for different people. To decide how to treat their patients, doctors look at the clinical research. The active ingredient in MiraLAX has been studied and proven safe and effective in more high–quality clinical trials than any other OTC laxative.

In 2005, the American College of Gastroenterology (ACG) reviewed all of the clinical research in North America for OTC laxatives. MiraLAX§ is the only OTC laxative that received a "Grade A Recommendation"‡—their highest rating. No wonder MiraLAX is preferred most by doctors.

Some OTC laxatives that you can buy today have been available for 30, 50 or even over 100 years. You might think that because they have been around for a long time, they must all work for you. But in their 2005 review, The American College of Gastroenterology concluded that there is not enough clinical research on either stimulant laxatives or most bulk-forming laxatives.

If you have tried other OTC laxatives, then you already know whether they work for you. If you have found a laxative that works, you may still want to give MiraLAX a try. It has been shown that laxative users preferred MiraLAX when compared to their usual laxative.†

It is no coincidence that before it was available OTC, MiraLAX was prescribed by doctors more than any other laxative.

MiraLAX is different from all other OTC laxatives

MiraLAX works with your body to relieve constipation. MiraLAX restores your natural rhythm by using the body's own water to gently increase the frequency of bowel movements and to soften the stool so it is easier to pass.

Relief with MiraLAX is a normal, easy and complete bowel movement. As it works it provides more comfort and less straining without uncomfortable side effects. And you can control the urge to go.

MiraLAX does not cause cramps or gas. In fact, MiraLAX actually reduces the cramps and gas that may be caused by constipation.

Imagine. Your body back to normal. That's what MiraLAX can do.

Add MiraLAX to Your Favorite Drink

MiraLAX is taken once daily. Each bottle has a white dose-measure built into the cap. MiraLAX dissolves easily and completely (no grit) when you stir the powder into any everyday beverage (4-8 oz), such as water, juice, soda, coffee or tea.

Edited by IM_LORI
CORRECTION

My surgeon recommends benefiber

One serving a day mixed with a glass of tea and Im good to go :cry_smile:

I love Smooth Move!! if you don't like the taste of black licorice you will not enjoy the tea. I have had it several times when I was on my crazy Lemonade Cleanse Diet. You must steep it for 10-15 minutes before you drink it. It goes down kind of chocolately and taste licoricey big time. No cramps at all.

Hi,

I use to drink Smooth Move Tea back in the day. I bought the tea from Wild Oates. It didn't do anything for me. I have been having problems with Constipation since getting Lap Band. The Nurse suggested Benefiber, but I've found that a nice bowl of Grape nuts does the trick. I even put some Grape nuts in the meat patties I made yesterday. Oh boy didn't my son wake up to an easier morning without nowing why and the patties were delicious if i say so myself. He thought they were too. I just hope they don't have the same effect during the day at school like they did before school this morning. Oh well it's hard trying to get my son and husband to eat vegetables and whole grains so I have to be inventive. But try some Grape Nuts with yourgut or Bran period and see if that don't do the trick. My mother is big on the Prune juice...YUck:cry_smile:

Thanks for all the great advise. I didn't even think to get fiber supplements. I can start introducing solid foods next week so will start with grape nuts love them. Thank you so much again for the advice no laxative for me I will try the fiber way.