Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a caffiene addict-HELP!!

Hello everyone,

I truly am addicted to caffiene:scared2:, I hope I am not the only one. How did you deal with no caffiene? Did you go cold turkey or did you wean yourselves. I am having surgery in about 22 days, so I need to start doing something about it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.:rolleyes2:

I went cold turkey! I do on occasion treat myself to great cup of joe from starbucks. I have even quit coffee for the most part and drink alot of Tazo tea Decaf of course. I personally don't think that having some caffine once a month will harm me!!

In my support group they recommened that you start with mixing your coffee 1/2 and 1/2 until its all decaff.

That is a great idea, I will try it, thanks!!! :redface:

I didnt have to give up coffee for the band.........but I did a 3 week liver cleanse earlier this year. I substituted green tea at the beginning. It still has caffeine so I did not get the withdrawal headaches, so it was just getting used to not having the yummy taste.

I drink crystal light energy... the strawberry flavored one it has caffeine in it, I have one every morning!!!:redface:

I am also a die-hard coffee drinker and have not been able to give it up completely. During my two week pre-op diet I gradually weaned myself back to one cup a day. I was banded on September 15th and I have started drinking about half a cup of coffee in the morning. I have not experienced much in the way of withdrawal symptons. I definitely think that gradually weaning yourself back before surgery will help you afterwards.

Hi Kingbird

I see we are practically neighbours. Have you checked out the canadianlapbanders group on yahoo? There is usually a local luncheon each month somewhere in the GTA. It is a great place to meet fellow bandsters.

Congratulations on getting banded

Hi Michee:

Thanks for the congrats!

I just joined the Canadian Lapbanders group on Yahoo this past weekend. I haven't had a lot of time to poke around the site yet. I will keep an eye out for the luncheon announcements. Is there usually a good turnout at them? :confused:

I drink crystal light energy... the strawberry flavored one it has caffeine in it, I have one every morning!!!:drool:

I did not know that, THANKS.

And thanks to everyone who replied. I love this forum!:rolleyes2:

I was drinking 2-3 pots of coffee a day for years. I switched to Decaf coffee and really didn't miss the caffeine. I was still getting my coffee fix, but without the caffeine. Then, slowly, I stopped drinking a lot of coffee. Now I rarely drink coffee. I drink Water.

I noticed when I switched to decaf, I got a major headache for about 2 days (2-3 pots of coffee per day is a lot of caffeine). I drank a lot of Water, and it helped.

Good luck!

Cherlita

I am not supposed to drink coffee either butt cannot not have my morning fix.. the doc has settled with one a day is better than 12 and as long as its small all is well. Just need that pick me up before I deal with kids all day! Good luck!

My doctor doesnt forbid coffee at all...however i'm not allowed Protein drinks....go figure..everyones different... .I've lost 105lbs in 10 months.....i dont think the coffee affected my weight loss... gl!!

I can see by your ticker that caffiene has not affected your weight loss at all! You are 3lbs BELOW goal! Excellent.:smile2:

Hello everyone,

I truly am addicted to caffiene:scared2:, I hope I am not the only one. How did you deal with no caffiene? Did you go cold turkey or did you wean yourselves. I am having surgery in about 22 days, so I need to start doing something about it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.:dita:

I went a week on folgers 1/2 caffiene, they went cold turkey. Yes, I got headaches, felt very off. However, caffiene is a stimulant and can cuase you to eat more....

Get off coffee fast!:biggrin: