Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are we going to eat????

Hello to all the Notorious Novembers out there. We are getting closer and closer to our surgery dates. I'm getting nervous about what I am going to eat/drink after surgery, anyone else? I have to get to the nutrition store and buy some things to try them out before hand. Has anyone tried any yet? If so, any suggestions as to what's good and what's not? OMG we are sooooo close :rolleyes2:

Stop it, you're scaring me! J/K,LOL! I have been starting to dream about getting my lapband! I had a dream that I had it but I forgot that I had it and would eat these large quantities of food and get sick. It was scary!

I love asian food so I wholeheartedly intend on eating lots of egg drop soup!LOL! My dietician gave a huge information packet that includes recipes for the pureed stage and recipes on mixing Protein powders however I have decided to get the slim-fast low carb diet shakes. I've always liked slim-fast shakes so I think that is my best bet. I plan on doing a grocery shop in October to get all the things I will need for my diet pre/post op. I only have to do 1 week pre-op and since I haven't been eating as well as I should I plan on NOT cheating AT ALL!

I'm always thinking about what I'm going to eat post op. My biggest problem is that I'm having my surgery a week before thanksgiving! I have to stay at my moms that week so she can help me with my daughter, but my mom usually has thanksgiving dinner at her house, so I'm worried about how I would feel watching everyone eat any and everything thing while I sip on broth! I was even considering changing my surgery date, but I talked myself out of it, because there's always going to be a holiday or something that I have to face. So I'm worrying!

Tonice, I totally understand what you're saying. I'm scheduled for surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving (11/24). I worry about what to eat for the 3-5 weeks post op, still have to get to the nutrition store and pick up some of the Protein Shakes and powders so I can figure out what I like and stock up before surgery. Don't think I'll be interested in eating on Thanksgiving since I'll only be 3 days out at that point. Thanksgiving is at my moms too, if I don't feel up to going then I'll hang home, what's missing one Thanksgiving, just think how we'll be by next Thanksgiving :rolleyes2: wooohooo we are on our way!!! when ru scheduled?

Tonice, I totally understand what you're saying. I'm scheduled for surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving (11/24). I worry about what to eat for the 3-5 weeks post op, still have to get to the nutrition store and pick up some of the Protein shakes and powders so I can figure out what I like and stock up before surgery. Don't think I'll be interested in eating on Thanksgiving since I'll only be 3 days out at that point. Thanksgiving is at my moms too, if I don't feel up to going then I'll hang home, what's missing one Thanksgiving, just think how we'll be by next Thanksgiving :rolleyes2: wooohooo we are on our way!!! when ru scheduled?

I've read several places on this site where people have said Day 3 post-op is the worst! Just an overall yucky day for pain I guess. I think Day 3 is also the first day your hunger starts to come back I think? Either way, if you do go to Mom's house, make sure you have a bedroom you can sneak away to if you need to relax and nap a little!!! Good luck!

Jaculin ~ I'm hoping that I won't be interested in eating food on Thanksgiving day! My surgery is schedule for 11/21, which is the friday before. I don't think it would be as bad if I could just stay home, which is probably vertually impossible with a toddler. That's all I keep thinking about....being healthier and it's only 1 thanksgiving! I haven't thought about trying different Protein shakes now. I guess I should start on that to find one that I like.

Jamie ~ Yeah, I'm definitely going to have to try to espcape to another room!

Tonice-Luckily my two kids are a little older, 13 and 15. If I'm not up to it they can go with my sister or stay with me. They understand. Wow we are doing this, it's getting so close, woohoo!!! Oh where in Jersey are you?

Jmegirl-thanks for the advice on day 3, good to know. If I go to my moms then I can always sneak away into her room. I come from a large family so the house will be packed.

Jaculin I live in NNJ. You welcomed me on my first thread to this site! I know....it's coming! I think once October is over, I will be very nervous! I would have been an October bander, but the date in October that my surgeon had available, I couldn't take off of work, so I had to take the next available date in November.

OMG....I was starting to think there was no one else being banded in November. It is really starting to get close. I am still in the anxious, excited, freaked out, am I doing the right thing, this could be the best thing ever, etc, etc phase. Anyone else still grappling with this decision???

I have purchased my Optifast and have researched tasty additives but have not found/bought any. I need to get to Winners/Homesense to look for Divinci syrups. I hear they make it bearable. I have heard about Soup recipies but really need to start collecting them.

Eeeekk! :tongue2:

I wish my date was a little sooner because the waiting is killing me. This has been 3 years in the making and 1 year in serious waiting. I just want to get on with it.

If you are in November I would love to hear from you. Need some support and it would be great to start making connections now.

NoShrinkingViolet..... I feel the same way, can't really narrow it down to just one emotion. I went to a support meeting last night and you walk away with a "high" from seeing how happy the people are that have done their surgery and are on their way to a new life...... can't wait to be one of them.

Hi Notorious Novembers...

My date is the 12th of Nov...I totally understand the emotions, but realizing how much it is my time...to face the fears! I have a support group tomorrow and hoping (as it does) help to see how much I need to do this, and the difference it will make in my life!

I have been trying different items, the Myoplex Advantage (Carb Control) is not bad, I like the French vanilla. I have founrd different ones at Target and Walmart. Also, Special K now has packets (box of 10) w/ Protein as added to Water. Iced Tea pretty good, Lemonade strong, but has Splenda.

Have also been checking out Vitamins, checking into chewable vs. liquid. Tried an 'Emergen-C' packet today, mixed in w/ water (water & Vitamin at once!) had strawberry, pretty good.

I would like to hear of any other tastes tried too!

Have a healthy day of choices! :bolt:

Hello,

I am getting the band 11/14. According to the post-op diet from my Dr. low fat healthy choice cream Soups are allowed. Unfortunately, they give me a Migraine so I need to find some Soup recipes I can make from scratch.

Not too worried about Thanksgiving, DH and I do not care for turkey , our kids are grown and live a ways away so it will just be another day for us this year.

The pre-op diet will be interesting. We will be in Florida for vacation Nov. 1-8. Good thing we will have a fridge in our hotel room so I can stock it with the liquids I can have. I just keep telling myself that this two week liquid diet is a blip in the radar of my life. I can and will do it! :cursing:

I plan on eating lots of mashed potatoes once I hit mushy stage LOL