Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Scents make me feel sick

There is no certain scent/food, no certain time but sometimes (more often than not) a scent (only scents from food) will make me feel sick-like I am going to vomit. Yesterday for example I opened a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew and I literally almost vomited from the smell of it. I asked my 14 year old if it smelled bad to her(I thought maybe it was expired) and she said no. That is not the first time that a scent has affected me that way. Am I the only one that experiences this?

You are not pregnant, are you? That is how I reacted to some smells with all of my children.

Unless it's Mayonnaise (which I hate so much i hate to even type the word) or vinegar, no food smell makes me sick. I should be so lucky.

Ok, my first thought was pregnant too. I remember the smell of anything fried or frying would send me for the bathroom.

Definitely NOT pregnant lol!! :girl_hug: Hubby had a vasectomy after baby #4. I was banded on 08/26/08 and since then I have noticed a lot of weird things like this scent thing. I dont know what it is or what is causing it.....I was that way when I was pregnant but I am 110% sure that is not the issue now.

I've had similar experience after having general anesthesia. It lasted a couple of weeks. Might be worth asking your surgeon during your next visit. But I wouldn't be too concerned.

excarolinagirl...I think you're on to something. Anesthesia is a trip.

excarolinagirl-I've never had general anesthesia before so I never would have thought of that. I will definitely ask my surgeon about it-I have to call tomorrow to schedule a visit for my first fill. Thanks!!

Hello, after I was banded (Aug. 27th) so many smells made me sick. Even coffee, which I have always LOVED, made me sick. I am definately NOT pregnant! :rolleyes2:)

I hope you get past it. It's fading some for me.

Later,

ks

No problems from the band with scents, but there have always been smells that make me sick including most perfume and cologne.

I have actually had to get up and move away from people (usually women) wearing purfume.

I had to have my band repositioned due to prolapse. Ever since...there are so many smells that make me SUPER sick! The smell of my puppy when she comes in from being outside about sends me over the edge. I am not sure why. Foods tasted different as well. I hope this will pass soon because I am miserable! Does anyone have any advice? Thanks a lot!

I had to have my band repositioned due to prolapse. Ever since...there are so many smells that make me SUPER sick! The smell of my puppy when she comes in from being outside about sends me over the edge. I am not sure why. Foods tasted different as well. I hope this will pass soon because I am miserable! Does anyone have any advice? Thanks a lot!

What were your symptoms of the prolapse? Just curious.