Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Before Pics - What would you do differently if you could go back?

Guest BikiniBeachy

Guest BikiniBeachy

I am getting ready to take my before pictures. I didn't want to do it, I figured I'd use the ones taken of me from my sister's wedding where I am at my biggest. But after my pre-op support group, they told us to just do it, put it away, and that at least we will have it to look at if we want!

SO my question to you post-oppers is this; What would you do differently to make your Before pics better for you later on? Or what DID you do that you really like?

Should I be against a white wall? Wear the same clothes? Stand the exact same way? Take many different angles? Just wanted to get some opinions from those who are now "looking back" :crying:

Thanks guys!

Hello,

I have seen before,during and after in front of a door. turned out really good. Personally, I like different cloths each time. to show the figure that is emerging. I would do front view, side view, back view.

One thing I wish I had done was to measure at the very begining. I usually try and get the same person to take the pics each time. She knows how I want them.

lois

i wore too many clothes. i wish i would have taken my before pictures in a bathing suit or bra and panties.

along with the front, side and back view.... take a close up of your face. to me, weight loss shows up first in the face.

I dont' like the same clothes...to me I feel cheated out of the actual weight loss that has happened! Light colored clothes show the rolls and lumps better. Front, side, then back are good to compare each time. And short sleeves also show how your upper arms do.

Just don't do like me...accidently (and I mean literally...) don't throw away your before pics!! I was never a pic taker so I now don't have any.

I agree that it would be good to do measurements. I did not do them until 8 weeks out and have seen a big difference already from that point on.

I wore grey tank top and grey shorts with no makeup on. Remember that you probably will be so proud of your progress that you will post and show these pictures around. I am embarresed to show them now and not due to being big but not wearing any makeup. I wished that I would have taken more flattering pictures for the BILLBOARD that will be posted on the freeway :crying:. Multiple angles are important.

I have actually done a combination of things.

I have "official" one month increment pictures, of me in a tight fitting workout shirt with a lot of stretch and shorts. Since it is such a tight shirt, I can really see what is changing from month to month

But, I also have pictures of me from some event each month (family trip, hiking trip, symphony concert, July 4th party, etc...) in regular clothes that show how I look.

Good luck with your approval!

Wearing something form fitting and not dark colored, take pictures from the front side and back along with a few good face pictures and you should be good to go :0)

My own personal before pics were taken by my soon to be hubby in our bathroom against a door. I figured that would be a neutral spot that I could always return to for comparison photos. I took these in bra and panties.

But my doctor took pics against a wall during my consult appt and now he takes pics every 3 months when I go in to see him. It's pretty cool because by the time I get home from the appt they are already in my email! I go back at the end of october and get another set of pics and I can't wait.

They took one at the doctors office when I went in for my seminar, but I haven't thought about taking official before/after pics. Thanks! I guess I should have hubby do my measurements too so when I need a boost, I can look at the inches lost too!

I'm not post op, but I just asked the same question and I concluded that I wanted

1. close up of my face, front and side

2. front, side, behind in panties/bra

3. front, side, behind in tight shirt/shorts

I posted my befores in shorts/shirt on my blog if you want to see what I did. I didn't post my face pics yet.....ugh..they look so gross. Personally, I like the same clothes so I can make a good comparison, but I also like the idea of one normal pics of me in my regular clothes at each picture taking interval. Can't decide how often I will take them...either monthly, or every 20 pounds???? Hmmm....

good luck!

I'm pre-op but when I attempted weight loss a couple of years ago I did my pictures like this and I really liked them. I had my hubby take them. I faced the camera with my arms out, turned to the side with my arms down, and faced away from the camrea. I did side by side pictures as I progressed and would use paint or photoshop to add in little arrows and stuff at things that had decreased.

These were like 3 years and 57 pounds ago... I wish I was this size now. I lost, but of course gained it all back and then some.

l473501199.jpg

l30263938.jpg